Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyway to get free armor or req packs?

OP DriftyFoil9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It is a shame that there is so much armor but most of which we can't even get from just playing, it saddens me greatly with that, I hope Halo: Infinite will not do the same thing.
I agree but damn only ones I can think of are the Helioskrill and Spartan Company Achilles but that’s quite a grind ツ
I agree but damn only ones I can think of are the Helioskrill and Spartan Company Achilles but that’s quite a grind ツ
Yeah, a massive grind indeed. Honestly, 343i really dropped the ball on that, one of the reasons I don't actually play Halo 5 other than Forge on PC. I still play Halo: Reach and 4, I can't play 3 anymore :'( and I occasionally play Combat Evolved as well.

Halo 4 and Reach I honestly love and my favourite armour system by far is Reach's. You could play offline even if it was a bigger grind or multiplayer and just get the Armour you wanted by playing the game, not by playing yourself and emptying your bank account. So as I had said before, Halo: Infinite hopefully will pick the ball back up and let us just grind our armour out and NOT just a CHANCE at it either.
yeah man i need them Req Packs.
ohh yesssss
Ples i love Gold req packs if some one give me 10,000 REQ i wii will rate Halo 5 10/ 10
Delta5931 wrote:
MCC:
Gen 1 Mark IV: Complete any mission on MCC to unlock
Gen 1 Mark IV Scarred: Complete Cairo Station on any difficulty
Helioskrill: Complete all campaigns of MCC on Legendary. Look up the Reddit post on the guide on how to get Helioskrill optimally.

Classic Helmet Pack: If you've got 10 dollars to burn on some tasteless evening wear, go ahead

Achilles: Join a Spartan Company, and waste about a year of your life in the awful Warzone gamemode to get this overrated set!

The REQ system was designed to infuriate players enough that they'd slam more and more money into the game so that they can "earn" armor.
So obviously, there are few armors you can earn outside of the lootbox rubbish. What little you can... You should probably go get.

Side note, we're in the HWC season right now, and they're giving out Platinum and Gold packs like candy. Go get those for more armor.
As for what the Monitor said, you need 5 or more members in said company to be eligible for the free pack.

Yet another side note:
As pointed out by another user, Helioskrill and Gen 1 Mark IV (Base) are both now in the REQ pool.
Doesn't matter much to me. My Helioskrill is legitimate.
I got the mark VI gen 1 from completing the halo 4 campaign on Xbox 360
im just wondering. how hard is it to get the Recruit Charred helmet for Halo 5? i have the Recruit Charred armor, but i also want the helmet
you know how you can gift a gold req pack to somebody? if i do that would i get a req pack? or no?
Is it sad that Gears 4 manages to be the lesser of two evils with it's loot boxes? Sure you still have to deal with RNGesus but least The Coalition had the decency to give us other means of getting the skins we want aka Scrap. Oh don't want this skin? Scrap it and just pile up till you get enough to craft the skin you want. Yo 343 if you are gonna bash us over the head with these boxes at least give us another way to get what we want. I would very much prefer Reach style but knowing how much papa Microsoft is, they whip 343 into this. Please learn from this mistake with Infinite. Don't screw it up else you really will be pissing of the remaining community.
ShadyODST wrote:
im just wondering. how hard is it to get the Recruit Charred helmet for Halo 5? i have the Recruit Charred armor, but i also want the helmet
Please keep things on topic if you're going to post. A quick check has that helmet listed as 'common' so it should be unlockable in silver packs as far as I'm aware.

ShadyODST wrote:
you know how you can gift a gold req pack to somebody? if i do that would i get a req pack? or no?
Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to more than one person in a single post.

If you give someone a gold pack you don't automatically get one in return. Since your current SR is 2, I'd recommend only opening silver packs until you get a points refund, only after that occurs should you move on to gold.
REQ Packs. Oh boy. They really should have overhauled this. Somebody tell me how I got the Halo 2 BR, a Mythic item at SR125ish, but then I get the Tactical Magnum (the thing I've wanted since I've started playing Halo 5) at SR141. It's like what everyone says. You open pack after pack, hour after hour of play time and get disappointed so many times that it's just not worth it anymore.
It is a shame that there is so much armor but most of which we can't even get from just playing, it saddens me greatly with that
Not sure what you mean since you can get almost all the armor from just playing. There's also stuff you can buy in the MS store.

OP, if you want free packs, you could always make another account and then gift them to yourself, but pretend it wasn't you, lol. You could also watch the big HCS tournaments since they give out gold and platinum packs all weekend.

Edit: I completely missed my original post in this thread from several months ago before posting and I said something very similar. Wow.
Don't forget there are the Fire Unicorn and Ice Unicorn Weapon skins as well, which are free if you meet an odd prerequisite. Having Grimbrother One feature a Halo themed artwork of yours in the weekly update will qualify you for the Fire Unicorn Assault Rifle Skin (You would have to remind Grimbrother One on Twitter if this happens to unlock it for you via REQ Pack ). The Ice Unicorn Assault Rifle Weapon skin can be manually unlocked by 343i if you pair up with/against them in a community event in Matchmaking.
i need more req packs
Just play the game. If i'm correct you can get a gold pack from winning a warzone firefight. Or just do arena for heaven sakes, that gives you like 2,000 req points per game. Or sell useless items you don't want.
If I just had MCC I could get a lot
If you jst had MCC you would waste your time to get helioskrill.
Yeah! What everyone else said! XD
LegendFIN wrote:
If I just had MCC I could get a lot
Well, you'd get Mark 6 and Mark 6 Scarred. Probably the two best armors in Halo 5 simply because of the space diaper. You could also get Helioskrill. Much better to earn it by being a good player and finishing all the Halo games (minus ODST and 5) on Legendary
Delta5931 wrote:
MCC:
Gen 1 Mark IV: Complete any mission on MCC to unlock
Gen 1 Mark IV Scarred: Complete Cairo Station on any difficulty
Helioskrill: Complete all campaigns of MCC on Legendary. Look up the Reddit post on the guide on how to get Helioskrill optimally.

Classic Helmet Pack: If you've got 10 dollars to burn on some tasteless evening wear, go ahead

Achilles: Join a Spartan Company, and waste about a year of your life in the awful Warzone gamemode to get this overrated set!

The REQ system was designed to infuriate players enough that they'd slam more and more money into the game so that they can "earn" armor.
So obviously, there are few armors you can earn outside of the lootbox rubbish. What little you can... You should probably go get.

Side note, we're in the HWC season right now, and they're giving out Platinum and Gold packs like candy. Go get those for more armor.
As for what the Monitor said, you need 5 or more members in said company to be eligible for the free pack.
Helioskrill isn't a Legendary Completion only reward. I got both the Helioskrill armor sets just by opening enough REQ Packs.
yeah they messed it up and put helioskrill in req packs rip
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3