AR start/Autos ruined H5

OP Effin FraGilitY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
It's funny seeing all these "Halo 4 was my first halo" players defend the AR start. I've been playing since CE and probably have more hours of gameplay on halo than all of you combined. That being said, I've seen the mechanics of the game change FOR THE WORSE which started at REACH. You insist that AR start makes the game faster paced and makes players move around the map but you're the ones camping corners watching your radar only to pop out and hold down the trigger until that person is dead. You say the BR encourages camping...you obviously never played Halo 2 team hardcore or the Halo 3 MLG playlist. On top of the -Yoink- Halo 5 spawns, the AR start completely sucked the competitive aspect out of the game. Instead of perfecting your 4 shot/strafe, it's now, who has held down on the trigger longer. WOAH THAT TAKES SO MUCH SKILL....please, you're just -Yoink- with BR. I used to live for 1v1 BR fights. It showed who could aim more precisely and who could anticipate strafe better. I refuse to use the AR in any playlist. It takes no skill to slightly move my crosshairs while holding down the trigger. I get satisfaction from out "pistoling" someone, not when I out AR someone. Why? Because if I get the first shot with an Auto, 99% chance I win that gun fight if at full shields. You can crouch strafe/strafe to effectively avoid pistol or BR shots. You can not do so against an auto. The fact that you could have first shot with a BR and still get out gunned is what made that style of 1v1 combat so enticing. There's a reason the BR is so iconic. And those who will say, "you can't adapt, move on, the game changed, etc" -Yoink!- because my KDA is still better than yours and I've been in champion league more times than you've fallen to plat 1. I'm good at H5, not as good as I was in h2, h2a or h3, but that's because 343 made it easier for noobs like you to get kills, hence the AR start, homing weapons, power weapon times displayed, over powered auto aim, bullet magnetism, "you've been spotted" flag carrier display, ADS, promethean nades, over powered autos, RADAR on every playlist, removal of the BR, the addition of thrust, and maps that are poorly designed and relatively similar. Do I think AR start should be completely removed? No, leave it in Team Slayer so we can keep you game ruining kids in that playlist. Put BRs into Team Arena so skilled players can have their dignity back. Removing the AR and pistol and replacing with BRs would create an awesome competitive experience once again. The play style would be completely different than that of h2 or h3 because of how the maps are made and because of how fast you can get from point A to B now. Idk about you but I'd rather be team shotted by 4 BRs than a bunch of AR whoring noobs that know nothing about competitive halo.
Hasn't there been AR starts since Halo 3? Perhaps not all modes, but it was there.
Ugh no that's not what "ruined" Halo 5. Sorry to say but Br starts were only a thing because Bungie sucked at making weapons balanced and try hards such as yourself ate it up. Also if you are getting outgunned by an AR when you have BR you are simply just bad.
I completely agree. The game has gone from Map control/Power weapon control to who can bum rush with autos the most. The game literally caters to casual gamer in 343's attempt to sell their game. It's sad seeing halo become what it is today. Game should've ended at 3.
Halo 3 had you start with the AR and the BR. It was still AR starts technically...

Even if we changed it to BR...you're still starting with the AR.

You're trying to make two different arguments, and saying two different things at the same time.
Halo 3 had you start with the AR and the BR. It was still AR starts technically...

You're trying to make two different arguments, and saying two different things at the same time.
I'm sorry, I should clarify that all I played was the MLG/Hardcore playlists, you know, actual competitive playlists that had a 1 gun start. Which was the BR. Considering that autos a predominantly used now...yeah the game is ruined. Especially when it's used to camps corner while eye -Yoinking!- the radar.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't find myself getting killed by Assault rifles, like ever.
Maybe get some better accuracy with your precision weapon..also you can jump, strafe, crouch and thrust to dodge a bit.

Edit:Reported for stat-flaming.

I'm sorry, I should clarify that all I played was the MLG/Hardcore playlists, you know, actual competitive playlists that had a 1 gun start. Which was the BR. Considering that autos a predominantly used now...yeah the game is ruined. Especially when it's used to camps corner while eye -Yoinking!- the radar.
So it has nothing to do with the game itself? Halo CE had the AR and Pistol. Halo 2 had the SMG and Pistol. Halo 3 had the AR and BR. Halo Reach had the AR and Pistol. Halo 4 had Loadouts (lol), and Halo 5 had the AR and Pistol.

ARs were in (virtually) every game because you started with it in every game outside of a one gun playlist.

This is especially considering Halo 3 had you rely on the BR because it was blatantly overpowered compared to nearly every other weapon. That's why they had the random shot mechanic into it, so after a certain distance, your shot was based on luck, not skill.
Hasn't there been AR starts since Halo 3? Perhaps not all modes, but it was there.
Yes, you are correct, except h2, AR was replaced by the SMG. But there was at least 1 RANKED playlist with a BR start. Team Hardcore and the MLG playlist. During the times that this style of halo existed, it had the highest population count. So you tell me? If the game is so good and balanced now then why is nobody playing it.
So it has nothing to do with the game itself? Halo CE had the AR and Pistol. Halo 2 had the SMG and Pistol. Halo 3 had the AR and BR. Halo Reach had the AR and Pistol Halo 4 had Loadouts (lol), and Halo 5 had the AR and Pistol.

ARs were in (virtually) every game because you started with it in every game outside of a one gun playlist.

This is especially considering Halo 3 had you rely on the BR because it was blatantly overpowered compared to nearly every other weapon. That's why they had the random shot mechanic into it, so after a certain distance, your shot was based on luck, not skill.
There was no such thing. It just wasn't hitscan. Therefore your bullets traveled.
Yes, you are correct, except h2, AR was replaced by the SMG. But there was at least 1 RANKED playlist with a BR start. Team Hardcore and the MLG playlist. During the times that this style of halo existed, it had the highest population count. So you tell me? If the game is so good and balanced now then why is nobody playing it.
Halo 2 was when console online gaming was BRAND NEW! Also, no competition.

So it has nothing to do with the game itself? Halo CE had the AR and Pistol. Halo 2 had the SMG and Pistol. Halo 3 had the AR and BR. Halo Reach had the AR and Pistol. Halo 4 had Loadouts (lol), and Halo 5 had the AR and Pistol.

Yet every time ARs came up it was vetoed, or SMG start would be disk stopped back in H2. The community size clearly shows which style of halo was prefered , You know, the halos that stressed the importance of the BR.
So it has nothing to do with the game itself? Halo CE had the AR and Pistol. Halo 2 had the SMG and Pistol. Halo 3 had the AR and BR. Halo Reach had the AR and Pistol Halo 4 had Loadouts (lol), and Halo 5 had the AR and Pistol.

There was no such thing. It just wasn't hitscan. Therefore your bullets traveled.
No, there was definitely such thing. I'm not talking about projectile scan bullets.

When you shoot a BR, the first bullet of that round will always be on target. The second and third shots will not be in the center of your crosshair, and be essentially random. It's like recoil per bullet instead of recoil per trigger pull.

Of course this means little when you're in close/mid range, your reticle is mostly covering the opponent anyway. But in long range, this becomes noticeable, because there's more spread.
What other heavy hitter MP FPS were even around back then on Xbox? BF was mainly PC exclusive and CoD 2 was exclusive on PC and Xbox 360 years after Halo 2 came out
Also, OP. The AR even aint as useful as it's H4 counterpart (it has a bigger mag, sure. But the damage per shot is considerably less) even in Firefight it's clear that the BR still trumps the AR. So why are you complaining about people using rather than just wasting them?

Oh right, it's because AR starts is now a thing because the AR is a more well-rounded gun than a utility weapon. Does anyone even remember H2's MP properly? The BR made just about every other non-power weapon redundant and dual-wielding surely didnt help.

AR is more balanced for an arena style shooter.

Yet every time ARs came up it was vetoed, or SMG start would be disk stopped back in H2. The community size clearly shows which style of halo was prefered , You know, the halos that stressed the importance of the BR.
So like I said before, this isn't a problem with Halo 5, this is a problem with Halo in general. The only reason it's Halo 5's problem is because they don't allow you to simply get rid of every automatic weapon, while MLG settings in Halo 3 essentially banned every weapon that was remotely automatic.

Not like it mattered, the BR reigned supreme in Halo 3 so much that Bungie tried to limit it. This transferred to the DMR's Bloom in Reach.
For me BR or AR is no matter for competitive play. The reason to say that is the start of the game - Red and Blue teams begin with the same weapons everything else is skill - that is what makes Halo competitive game.
I don't find myself getting killed by Assault rifles, like ever.
Maybe get some better accuracy with your precision weapon..also you can jump, strafe, crouch and thrust to dodge a bit.

Edit:Reported for stat-flaming.
You're a warzone player, your opinion is irrelevant. ARs a good for warzone not ranked playlists.
Ugh no that's not what "ruined" Halo 5. Sorry to say but Br starts were only a thing because Bungie sucked at making weapons balanced and try hards such as yourself ate it up. Also if you are getting outgunned by a AR when you have AR you are simply just bad.
Lol you act like the weapons are balanced in this game??? And you prove my point, a plat level player defending the AR start.
Im sorry this isn;t a one gun game like you want but I guess you know what balance is since that's what you wan't. But you try hards keep trying.

So like I said before, this isn't a problem with Halo 5, this is a problem with Halo in general. The only reason it's Halo 5's problem is because they don't allow you to simply get rid of every automatic weapon, while MLG settings in Halo 3 essentially banned every weapon that was remotely automatic.

Not like it mattered, the BR reigned supreme in Halo 3 so much that Bungie tried to limit it. This transferred to the DMR's Bloom in Reach.
And what happens to the Pop when reach came out? One of the biggest drops in the franchise history, and MLG dropped as a whole. Why? You connect -Yoinking!- dots.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11