2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
I'm so sick of people hating on autos because they're not precision weapons. They're for a different play style get over your own fantasies and delusions of quick scoping and MLG
I've been around for the BR's domination and I do miss it's OPness, but, I will also say that seeing the trusty AR get some well deserved attention is nice. It's what we've stormed thousands of enemies with. Slayed armies with. It needed some love, it sucked. But now it's actually decent and it gets crap for it? The BR is basically on every map anyways. I've learned to pick them up. It's that simple. Same for any other precision weapon each weapon has evolved for better or for worse. But I hope the AR stays. Like I said, it always sucked and now that we can actually do something with it is fine by me.
Sorry, no. Just because you played the first halo game does not make your opinion more important or valid than the people who started in Halo 4. Also, the AR and all other automatic weapons require skill because you need to know what situation they benefit you the most in. If you try using a BR close range against someone who has an AR and you lose, that doesn't make them a noob; it make you a fool. Also, if you have been playing since CE, you should be skilled enough to the point where none of this should matter. The BR is pretty good all around but in some cases it would be better to use the AR. Once you come to accept this maybe you will start to appreciate automatics more and realize that they have a purpose too.
ZuuluuZ wrote:
The autos are really poorly designed/balanced in this game.

They're just too good for how easy they are to use. I'd like to see them either nerfed or changed to be harder/more interesting to use.

Right now you can just run straight at someone with an SMG or SR and there really nothing the other person can do. That isn't how non power weapons are supposed to work.
What game are you playing dude, if you run at me with an AR youre getting pistoled at long to mid range. If you are close you should be able to beat me, thats how it should work.
lol BR dominates AR if you know when and where to use it. Since you said you don't ever use the AR because it takes no skills, clearly you are not a skilled player. Any smart player will try to use any weapons to their advantage and when to use it in the correct situation.
ZuuluuZ wrote:
The autos are really poorly designed/balanced in this game.

They're just too good for how easy they are to use. I'd like to see them either nerfed or changed to be harder/more interesting to use.

Right now you can just run straight at someone with an SMG or SR and there really nothing the other person can do. That isn't how non power weapons are supposed to work.
If you are close you should be able to beat me, thats how it should work.
Not to the extent it does right now. As it is now someone can shoot me in the back three times and I can switch to an SMG/SR, turn around and kill them with ease.

In that scenario they got the jump on me and I had the wrong weapon out and yet I would still win just because I happen to have an auto in my back pocket. The SMG/SR are ridiculous. Even 343 somewhat gets this because they updated the maps and removed most of them and put SRs in dangerous positions like bottom middle on plaza.

The AR is a little different but it's still far too powerful for how incredibly easy it is to use.
AR starts have been in Halo since CE
While I agree there needs to be a hardcore playlist which has BR starts... I strongly disagree that autos have ruined H5. They just made them actually useful for once. Finally every weapon can be a good weapon depending on situation. What they got wrong is so many maps cater to close quarter combat so the autos seem to be more effective. Had they had more map diversity as previous halo games then you would see precision weapons be more dominant. But in close quarters autos should have a bit of advantage. If your ego is to big for you to not use autos in close quarters then that is on you, not the game.
I don't mind the AR starts but they definitely need to nerf the range on the AR and Storm Rifle. It's easier to make a player miss with a precision weapon than it is with an automatic. This means that a precision weapon should have a shorter time to kill than an automatic. They can always nerf bullet magnetism on autos as an alternative. This would make you have to place your reticle more accurately, making strafing and dodging more effective.
Just RRX wrote:
I completely agree. The game has gone from Map control/Power weapon control to who can bum rush with autos the most. The game literally caters to casual gamer in 343's attempt to sell their game. It's sad seeing halo become what it is today. Game should've ended at 3.
Dude the majority of Halo's players are casuals. Its always been that way. Or at least has been since Halo 3.
Dude are you serious right now? Are you just stupid? The AR has been a Loadout start in Halo since the very beginning.
l Xenoes l wrote:
l Xenoes l wrote:
I really hate stat flaming, but after a quick glance at OP's service record, you'll see that he has not played more halo than all of us combined. This leads me to assume that everything after the first sentence is also a lie.
Changing your GT makes it so your past records of Halo prior to 343i taking over disappear. Because I changed my GT, my service record here doesn't show my Halo 2 game time. My Halo 3, ODST, and Reach data aren't in my service record on Waypoint under this GT. If you check my achievements though, I've completed Halo 3, ODST, and Reach which would require online play.
I'm aware and I'm sorry my joke went over your head. But since you want to take this seriously, the only game not on his service record is Halo 2. You should be able to get a pretty accurate guess on his playtime based on Halo 3, ODST, Reach, 4 & 5.
No where in your post was there anything that even came close to a joke.
k
Personally I don't have an issue with AR starts (my first Halo experience was Halo 3 so don't -Yoink- at me for being a "new" player). My main issue is the SMG on WZ. 15 bullets to kill WITHOUT headshot damage out of 60, fire rate out classing that of the SAW and, to top it all off, level 4 REQs to get it. It's a god-damned power weapon, not a loadout, jeez!
Hasn't there been AR starts since Halo 3? Perhaps not all modes, but it was there.
And in CE... this guy is just salty and isn't making any sense. The BR was overpowered in Halo 2, just as the CE pistol was in Halo CE. That is why the BR was so iconic. They were so overpowered that Bungie made a terrible decision with how BR's functioned in Halo 3 making them the worst scoped weapon in the game. Just because you feel that you don't get enjoyment out of winning a 1v1 AR battle with your claims that 99% of the time you will win with the first shot, tells me that you don't know how to fight with AR's or you would enjoy juking someone who started on you and get the kill for the reversal.

The BR in it's current state is super sticky to players, especially the Halo 2 BR and I find that to have less skill than tracking your opponent in their movement's with the AR (which has almost no aim assist)

There's nothing to see here.
I am self proclaimed BR fanboy and honestly, I don't think that this game really needs BR starts. I would like it if they did include a BR starts gametype, but the need for one isn't as dire as you think it is. 343i designed the Magnum to take the position of the BR as the primary MP weapon and it's succeeded. At first, I was upset with 343i's decision but I've come to absolutely adore the Magnum.
Precision weapons aren't obsolete like you're saying they are. A good shot with a pistol will outgun an AR assuming that the fight isn't CQC. On top of that, I still get to use the BR alot. It's my most used weapon in Arena and I rarely ever play SWAT.
With that said, I do agree that the autos take close to no skill. I would like to see a AR nerf but not to the point where it becomes useless. Also, regardless of how much you want BR starts, it won't be implemented into Arena because even the professional players have embraced Pistol starts.
P.S Stat flaming is a very easy way to reduce the value of anything you're saying.
Hasn't there been AR starts since Halo 3? Perhaps not all modes, but it was there.
the AR (which has almost no aim assist)

uh

LOLWAT
the AR (which has almost no aim assist)

uh

LOLWAT
It really doesn't have a lot.(in comparison, bare with me on this) Get in close confrontation with someone and have them thrust to the side while following them. It's really easy to over correct with it where as a BR at mid range it damn near follows him for you.

I have never had my AR decide it was going to follow a random target that passed in front of my current target unlike the Halo 2 BR. This is the kind of thing I mean by it have very little.
This is an interesting argument. I think less weapons is better all around.
What...? You rather have power weapons at the start instead?
AR's take very little skill. They just do. Every time I guy runs at me and beats me with an AR when I don't miss a shot with the pistol at medium range is pretty bogus. I even tried it in halo 5 and can confirm: killing someone with an AR takes little to no skill.

Having such an effective automatic weapon off spawn lowers the skill gap. It doesn't do ANYTHING ELSE BUT THAT.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11