Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] ARE THEY SERIOUSLY WAITING TILL MARCH TO FIX GRIF?

OP MrBubbaliciouss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
How did they not see this coming? It's just so obvious to put a roof or kill barrier on the arena, and not to leave frigging turrets around the map.
Of course I'm mad? We've waited 5 months for Grifball, and it's completely broken? Sorry I actually want to enjoy the mode, and want them to fix this as soon as possible. Smh.How exactly is it broken? Only problem with it is the betrayal booting, that's not a game breaking bug, learn what a bug actually is please -_-
You haven't seen people jump out of the map have you. With the ball. Or throw the ball out. Or get the chain gun turret in and kill everything.... This game is horribly broken. Fun as heck though.
March is literally tomorrow, calm down! Its not just turning on/off a switch, Ive heard they actually have to do some work on computers and stuff. How spoiled and impatient can one be?
What I would like to see get fixed (more so removed) are the annoying ban messages that pop up when you play Grif Ball in Halo 5. The game is designed to have a few team members bash one another accidentally from time to time. On top of punishing players for this accident, they post a ban message to everyone on the team to decide while the game is in progress. I think that they should remove the message, and make it an option to ban a player for misconduct at the end of the match if necessary. JUST PLEASE KEEP IT OUT OF THE GAME WHILE IT IS IN PROGRESS.
What I would like to see get fixed (more so removed) are the annoying ban messages that pop up when you play Grif Ball in Halo 5. The game is designed to have a few team members bash one another accidentally from time to time. On top of punishing players for this accident, they post a ban message to everyone on the team to decide while the game is in progress. I think that they should remove the message, and make it an option to ban a player for misconduct at the end of the match if necessary. JUST PLEASE KEEP IT OUT OF THE GAME WHILE IT IS IN PROGRESS.
this ban message should be removed.I havent experienced any issues with players jumping out of the map or anything or any game breaking bugs so far.but they need to fix the ball respawn in griffball in custom games.I played a game of 5v5 where at the end one of my friends joined and the ball kept respawning even before someone even scored.
Looking at this thread, its weird seeing how many people don't realize that the march update comes out at the end of the month just like every update before it.
They think it comes out in a few days?
It's like what rock are you all living under?
Do you guys just come to back H5 when word on the street hits that the new update is coming out then you all leave in a week or 2 after the update comes out?
I'm just curious is all.
+ Warzone Assault has a new way for cheaters(Attackers) to win, which im sure wont be fixed until the march update drops.
Which would be the same scenario that happened with the last Warzone exploit cheaters were using.
It didn't get fixed until 1 month later in the next update.
Is this REALLY going to be another Warzone Assault thing where they wait a whole month to fix a game breaking bug.

I literally can't play a single match of Grifball without the ball being fricking thrown out of the map. This needs to be fixed NOW. Not till the end of March.

If they actually wait until March to fix this, I've completely lost the little bit of faith that 343 has somehow managed to give me with this update.

And it also confirms that 343 Industries is made up of a bunch of monkeys.

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
Firstly people throwing the bomb out the map can be strategic, not a bug as you so claim it is. If there are 4 enemies rushing me when I'm the carrier I throw the bomb over the barrier allowing my team to get back into the game for when the ball spawns again. Its not a bug. Its not game breaking. Its strategic. Also 343 made up of monkeys? Really? Game developers that delivers high value content? I'm sorry but I would say all of 343 are smarter then you. Like to see you make your own halo game that is made to the same quality...
Play grifball on the master chief collection, it's so much better than on Halo 5.
If the changes, involved development, then yeah, you will likely have to wait until the next update. I played several games a couple of days ago and everyone played fairly.
Map changes can be done server side. If 343 wait until next month to fix something that is as simple as adding a hard kill boundary around the map then they aren't going to be very popular.
Is this REALLY going to be another Warzone Assault thing where they wait a whole month to fix a game breaking bug.

I literally can't play a single match of Grifball without the ball being fricking thrown out of the map. This needs to be fixed NOW. Not till the end of March.

If they actually wait until March to fix this, I've completely lost the little bit of faith that 343 has somehow managed to give me with this update.

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
yeah they really need to fix this now. according to 343 asap means in another month
Agreed. Griffball feels like its very underdeveloped.
You can be booted for betrayals. The ball can go out of bounds and I've had players running along the top of the wall to stay unreachable while they have the ball.
nPlasma wrote:

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
Firstly people throwing the bomb out the map can be strategic, not a bug as you so claim it is. If there are 4 enemies rushing me when I'm the carrier I throw the bomb over the barrier allowing my team to get back into the game for when the ball spawns again. Its not a bug. Its not game breaking. Its strategic. Also 343 made up of monkeys? Really? Game developers that delivers high value content? I'm sorry but I would say all of 343 are smarter then you. Like to see you make your own halo game that is made to the same quality...
stupidest answer ever - just give me the people who can create a game and let me be designer of the systems
Friends and I experienced the same problem. Ruins the game.
There is probably an approval process for updates with Microsoft/Xbox. Even if they have the fix done in 5 minutes they probably are not allowed to just push it to us without a bunch of testing and approvals. Definately not going to be able to happen on a weekend. Thinking 343 is just sitting around waiting forever because they are lazy is a bit childish and sort sighted.
Agree. They've and continue to put countless hours into this game and imo it's working. This is the best arena since h3 and that's tought to beat. H3 was the greatest because....... It was 2007!!!!! Nothing could touch it. Quit comparing this to other fps.
I...really? This thread--a post about systems in the game being outright broken--is where you're going to post this? Oh, how I love an oxymoron though.
Better if we had weekly or monthly patches to fix those bugs and exploits. Free content is good and all but issues need to be addressed.
Oh Ghostly wrote:
You just lost a grif game huh?
Lmao!

Just so you guys understand this... THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE!! If you cant realize that then i will just sit here and shake my head at you.

You really think they didnt know people would be able to get over the glass? And they put those turrets outside the map for a reason... So people could use them.

343 knows what they are doing. Theres no question that they purposely left no barriers in grifball.
I played a couple matches but got tired of being kicked for accidental team kills. Won't play grifball again until they fix the betrayal problem.
I've probably racked up around 50 rounds and not once have I seen this happen yet.
nPlasma wrote:

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
So what about the part where people bring back a turret into the rink. Is that "strategic" too? Because another side effect of the low barrier is that players themselves can get out.

Yeah in assault and oddball it is tactically viable and a perfectly legitimate strategy to toss the ball out of the map to stall for time. However in this particular case, not only can the ball be thrown out of the ring but players themselves can hop the barrier and get the ball they threw out the ring. Not only that, but said people can bring back a bloody gun with them when they're out there with the ball they so "strategically" threw out.

For a gametype reliant on melee combat that is pretty game breaking I would say, and something that should be patched as soon as possible.
I enjoy everything in halo 5's grifball I don't care that the ball gets thrown over. Even I do it sometimes
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11