Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] ARE THEY SERIOUSLY WAITING TILL MARCH TO FIX GRIF?

OP MrBubbaliciouss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
Is this REALLY going to be another Warzone Assault thing where they wait a whole month to fix a game breaking bug.

I literally can't play a single match of Grifball without the ball being fricking thrown out of the map. This needs to be fixed NOW. Not till the end of March.

If they actually wait until March to fix this, I've completely lost the little bit of faith that 343 has somehow managed to give me with this update.

And it also confirms that 343 Industries is made up of a bunch of monkeys.

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
I haven't experienced this yet and I play griffball all the time :/
same. Problem is some people are -Yoinks!-, i guess i haven't run into them. They just misjudge the dickyness of the masses when they didn't think to test out what happens when the ball is purposefully tossed out or people go out of bounds on purpose in this game. Cause...just why?
JAKERS365 wrote:
My complaint is that in a game mode where all players are 80% percent of the time in close combat, they left friendly fire on and betrayal booting. I lost a legendary Arena RP for being booted from a game where betrayal was a given. 343 you owe me another legendary Arena RP boost.
griffball has always had FF. That's part of the game. Play smarter instead of just swinging around with an AOE weapon like a dumb dumb. It's better that way, it adds an aspect to the game to try to group their team to thin them out cause they hit eachother and then score.

Plus FF is on it the other game modes too. So why wouldn't it be in Griffball
I am mad with 343 period
I feel like Griff just didn't get enough play test and map design, it feels like map made by me and I suck terribly at forge... It is still fun to see people getting out of the arena haha I hope the fix all of these issues in a timely manner.
Apex Canis wrote:
Ha, throwing the ball out of bounds is amateur. What's really great is being in the lead, grabbing the ball and then hopping over the wall with it. :)
Then you're part of the problem
Is this REALLY going to be another Warzone Assault thing where they wait a whole month to fix a game breaking bug.

I literally can't play a single match of Grifball without the ball being fricking thrown out of the map. This needs to be fixed NOW. Not till the end of March.

If they actually wait until March to fix this, I've completely lost the little bit of faith that 343 has somehow managed to give me with this update.

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
I haven't seen any of this yet?
Anyone have a video of it?
They will. No need to start trouble. Give them time and it will be fixed just like everything they have already
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Of course I'm mad? We've waited 5 months for Grifball, and it's completely broken? Sorry I actually want to enjoy the mode, and want them to fix this as soon as possible. Smh.
I wouldn't say its completely broken. I played quite a few grifball matches this weekend and the ball left the arena once and then respawned like it was supposed to. I'm not saying that since it hasn't happened to me, its not a problem, but if I haven't seen this problem at all from the number of games I've played you're probably overreacting.
I just don't let them leave the map. But I agree there should be a soft kill boundary outside the map and a reset for ball when thrown out.
It's really not that bad dude...
Trap Y2K wrote:
Bravo has already said on day one of Grifball that they are working on the fix for the kill barriers. I suggest everyone on Waypoint checks out /r/Halo on Reddit, since it seems that's where 343 responds the most. Bravo even explained why it takes so long to get community maps into matchmaking.
Yeah I have always told myself I should really consider checking Halo news and 343i answers on the official website instead of Waypoint. Oh wait...

Thanks anyway, you're obviously not responsible of 343i disastrous communication skills and strategy.
Trap Y2K wrote:
Bravo has already said on day one of Grifball that they are working on the fix for the kill barriers. I suggest everyone on Waypoint checks out /r/Halo on Reddit, since it seems that's where 343 responds the most. Bravo even explained why it takes so long to get community maps into matchmaking.
The problem is people just seem to think this stuff can be done and fixed in under an hour. Programming isn't easy and is close to impossible to get bug free in even the first 100 tries of things on this scale. Yes they may know the problem, but the issue is hidden among thousandths of lines of code or may take thousands to be enter and tested for it's own bugs to make happen. It takes time.

The thing about a whole months wait is probably over kill, i think it's just cause of their time tables on major updates, though it'd be kind of a -Yoink- move to make us wait if they get it done early.
seems pretty simple to me, at a death zone outside of the area....yes programming is hard and we don't do programming but this seems super simple don't even try to deny it. Hate people defdning poor developers by saying "programming is hard", yeah well so is filling teeth as a dentist but I expect they do it easily when I go in with a cavity
Relax my friend, it's griffball. I know some people take it seriously but it's a social playlist to have fun.
xTPGx wrote:
Apex Canis wrote:
Ha, throwing the ball out of bounds is amateur. What's really great is being in the lead, grabbing the ball and then hopping over the wall with it. :)
Then you're part of the problem
No, the problem is 343 repeatedly releasing maps without adequately testing them and leaving it to the players to do the work for them. They were even too lazy to remove all the weapons from the old map they copied. How incompetent do you have to be not to make the area outside the arena an automatic dead zone?
Of course I'm mad? We've waited 5 months for Grifball, and it's completely broken? Sorry I actually want to enjoy the mode, and want them to fix this as soon as possible. Smh.
I know a bit or to about Forgeing and the map has a small bug not that hard to fix and not really that big of a issue. Remember that they are people to and every small detail can be hard to account for when making a map/gametype.

Seriously. Fix itNOW.
Well I mean march does start tomorrow....
Nadesicle wrote:
Relax my friend, it's griffball. I know some people take it seriously but it's a social playlist to have fun.
If you take grifball seriously you need to rethink your competitive gaming career.
Its not that much of a big problem since not every one does but 343 is working on it just give it some time.
If I recall it costs a company money every time they release an update. If that's the case I don't see 343 fixing Gball until the end of March when the next update is out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11