Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Are you still playing this game in 2021?

OP EgoUX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
If so, is it your favorite Halo to play, or do you prefer the MCC and are simply grinding?
I was... and was actually enjoying it. Now that I'm going after OG achievements I don't get on as much... but I do still enjoy it...
EgoUX wrote:
If so, is it your favorite Halo to play, or do you prefer the MCC and are simply grinding?
Yeah simply grinding
Halo yeah I’m still playing!!! Guardians multiplayer is my favorite Halo experience to date! I play MCC every once in a while to grind challenges, but I go back to Halo 5 right after—can’t get enough of its gameplay!
I already hit 152 previously, but I pretty much only play custom 8s with my friends now on H5 lol.
I still play this game regularly, working for Achilles and grinding to 152.
152 grind.
152 grind.
You got this man!!! Keep plugging away and you'll get there!!!
Yeah and MCC.. not so much Halo 5 now though got a little bored to be honest.
Halo is about the only time I get time for nowadays. I have been a gamer since the Atari and the only game was called pong, that was the mid 70's. My mates are into football, soccer, cricket etc. I did have a cursory interest in those, but my thing was computer games. Anything RPG were my favourite. Metroid, Zelda etc. The first X-box was released in Australia in 2002. A mate bought one immediately and had a couple of car games and Halo. I went over to his place, not long after he bought it. We played the couple of car games, but then Halo and I was hooked. My main console since then has been the X-Box, because of Halo, anything Halo. Halo 1 and 2, on the first X-Box, Halo 1 to 4, on the 360, then MCC and 5 on the X-Box one. MCC was a bit of a joke at first. One of the things I remember and always laugh about, was being on top of the invisible mammoth, as it sailed off on to the invisible road. It took 2 60 gig updates and numerous smaller ones, before that was fixed. I am, at this stage, quite happy just to stick with Halo, due to time constraints ( Mortgage, wife, kids, kids pets that I have to look after, grandkids, cattle etc.). My middle daughters last boyfriend would come over some nights and play games like Fortnight. I could never understand it. He could sometimes play through three quarters of the game, before even running into his first enemy contact. Halo pours them out from the start, to the finish. Halo has multiple vehicles. Halo has dozens of weapons etc etc As I have very little time nowadays, I spend that little time on Halo. 343 better not stuff up Infinite, it will be very disappointing.
Yes i prefer the Halo 5 multiplayer despite there is no updates like in mcc
Yep still loving it and still playing it, though not quite as much as I used too. Back in 2015-2018, Halo 5 did the near impossible by getting most of my friends to play a singular multiplayer game for more than a week or two. Much fun was had in Arena, Warzone and yes, even BTB. Even now we still get together from time to time though not quite enough people to fill the bigger gamemodes.

Halo 5, alongside Halo 2, is THE peak Halo online experience IMO even if it has some nagging issues like the lack of a proper BTB mode.
I hop on from time to time. Slowly making my way to SR152.
I’ve been checking out the multiplayer a bit after buying an Xbox One for cheap recently. I enjoy the arena and btb modes ok, but I’m kind of loving warzone?! I remember being confused and put off by it and reqs when the mode was first unveiled. But I love the larger team sizes, the announcers, the bits of PVE, and getting to mess around with power weapons thru the req system. It’s super fun and easy to chill out to.
EgoUX wrote:
It's my favorite online multiplayer game since Halo 3! :D The only thing lacking is splitscreen. Got into Halo 5 pretty late , like 1 and a half years ago... Not always motivated enuogh to play, cause work, but I enjoy digging into it during weekends ! I'm playing and streaming it regulary :) And I will likely continue with that after Infinite is out (really hoping that it won't be a hassle to find Series X Only matches !) What about you ? Are you gonna continue playing Halo 5 ?
Yes I do and if Halo Infinite aim assist isn't fixed, I'll stick with this game for MP even after Infinite is released and will only use Infinite for the campaign, assuming that anyone sticks with this game obviously.

And yes, it is my fav Halo MP to play, second one being Reach.
Halo is about the only time I get time for nowadays. I have been a gamer since the Atari and the only game was called pong, that was the mid 70's. My mates are into football, soccer, cricket etc. I did have a cursory interest in those, but my thing was computer games. Anything RPG were my favourite. Metroid, Zelda etc. The first X-box was released in Australia in 2002. A mate bought one immediately and had a couple of car games and Halo. I went over to his place, not long after he bought it. We played the couple of car games, but then Halo and I was hooked. My main console since then has been the X-Box, because of Halo, anything Halo. Halo 1 and 2, on the first X-Box, Halo 1 to 4, on the 360, then MCC and 5 on the X-Box one. MCC was a bit of a joke at first. One of the things I remember and always laugh about, was being on top of the invisible mammoth, as it sailed off on to the invisible road. It took 2 60 gig updates and numerous smaller ones, before that was fixed. I am, at this stage, quite happy just to stick with Halo, due to time constraints ( Mortgage, wife, kids, kids pets that I have to look after, grandkids, cattle etc.). My middle daughters last boyfriend would come over some nights and play games like Fortnight. I could never understand it. He could sometimes play through three quarters of the game, before even running into his first enemy contact. Halo pours them out from the start, to the finish. Halo has multiple vehicles. Halo has dozens of weapons etc etc As I have very little time nowadays, I spend that little time on Halo. 343 better not stuff up Infinite, it will be very disappointing.
Woooow what a great read! Can I ask how old are you? I want to be like you when I get older, I have 29 rn.

I can only imagine what was living through all those eras.
Fonslayer wrote:
Woooow what a great read! Can I ask how old are you? I want to be like you when I get older, I have 29 rn.

I can only imagine what was living through all those eras.
I'm 54. The early eras were certainly nothing, compared to what computers and games are now. When I first started on computers, all I had was a TRS80. We would write little games, code line by code line. 5 CLS 10 GOTO - etc. etc About the best we had, was one we could write called, Caterpillar. It was a line that you ran around the screen as much as possible, until it crashed into itself. Back ups were done on a tape. You would have to back it up 10 times, because 9 would be corrupted. Commodore 64, had a cartridge system, that was around 84, maybe 85, but the games were still very simple. The Atari, in pong, had a little box, going backwards and forwards, across the screen. You had a dial, to move the paddle up and down the screen. Easy setting, the paddle was wide, hard setting, the paddle was narrow. The Atari 2600 went to cartridge. About the best game on it, in my opinion, was Solaris. It was a spaceship that went across sectors, while you shot enemies down. It had a radar, to help with enemies and repair/refuel stations. If your radar got knocked out, it would be a struggle to find a repair/refuel station, but once there, the radar would be repaired. To play the games, all you had was a little square joystick, with a fire button. ALL play, was what we now call inverted. My X-Box settings, are all inverted, I can't reprogram my brain, to play any other way. I can't remeber how many times I snapped off the joystick trying to do a hard turn or hard nose dive. Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Playstation and I think Dreamcast, came in the 90's. Games improved heaps. I can remember when Star Fox, came out on the Nintendo (early 90's). I was blown away, by the 3D'ness of it. The game had you play across 3 paths, to a final boss battle. The 3 paths, were different difficulty levels. Nintendo then brought out the gamecube, but the idiots made it with a mini disc. This was when CD's and DVD's were gaining major ground and I think that did huge damage to Nintendo sales. These were the days, when VHS tapes were still a thing (Beta had died). People wanted the new technology. Playstation and X-Box, let you put in standard size discs. This was smart. You could also MOD the early X-Boxs. I got a chip from Canada, and wired it on to the circuit board. This allowed you to take out the 8gig HDD and put in a 160gig, the biggest at the time. However, it would only read 137gig, due to the BIOS. Using an FTP from the computer and a LAN cable, you could set it all up.Then you could store games on the drive. I had 5 drives to swap in and out. HDD's were IDE then, so you could also take out the DVD drive and have a HDD there as well and use it to clone. You could also fire it up with the X-Box dashboard or the modified. Using the original dashboard avoided bans when X-Box live came about. From then on, we are probably all well versed. The MCC allows you to switch between old and new, so you can see what we had, on the first X-Box. My daughters and I would play split screen, on the MCC and I would be constantly flicking between old and new, driving them crazy. My middle daughter's boyfriend, was playing NFL, on his new X-Box, the other night and I was blown away by the graphics, It's almost like playing a movie. P.S. There were also arcades, to play games like Donkey Kong and Pacman. Drop in 20c and play a round. Drill a hole through the 20c piece, tie a string on it and rattle up a heap of games.They did have better graphics. There were heaps of different games, but one I really liked was 1942. At the time, I thought it was awesome.
Absolutely yes!, because the Halo 5's Infection game is the best to me, even better than MCC was.
I love halo 5 so much I will keep playing this game even though Halo Infinite is already available
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3