Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Are you still playing this game in 2021?

OP EgoUX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I am still playing, I enjoy the arena mp the most out of the series, however I mostly play mwff, because grinding lol I alternate between 5 and mcc, tryin to get my dailies in 5, my weeklies in mcc. Then if all that's done I usually grind 5, although sometimes I'll just play rando stuff for fun so I don't burn out turning it into a chore. After all gaming is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a stressful chore/job.
I jump into MCC when friends organize a game night. Otherwise, its Halo 5; my favorite Halo to date (although Infinite is lookin' promising).
I've been Avoiding MCC after 3000 hours because Season 8 is far far away.. And it keeps getting further and further.. so.. so far.. so far away. 343 Why Have You ABANDONED MCC WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US
Yeah still having lots of fun on the multiplayer while waiting for Infinite
Halo is the only game I play. That has always been the case.
I am still playing, I enjoy the arena mp the most out of the series, however I mostly play mwff, because grinding lol I alternate between 5 and mcc, tryin to get my dailies in 5, my weeklies in mcc. Then if all that's done I usually grind 5, although sometimes I'll just play rando stuff for fun so I don't burn out turning it into a chore. After all gaming is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a stressful chore/job.
I'm really agree with you, all gaming is supposed to ve a fun hobby. I know so many people who don't get that idea.
Not as much as I used to. I used to really enjoy the fast pace and different game modes, but I’m a sucker for Halo 3 and Reach multiplayer so MCC has most of my Halo time now.
Between Halo 5 and the MCC H5 is the only Halo I’ll invest time into. 343i made frustrating mistakes with the MCC’s overhaul related to the skill assessor, matchmaker, and control settings. Not updating the skill assessor to TS2 was incredibly stupid. They should’ve and still should update the matchmaker to use TrueMatch (aka computer learning). And not offering full control remapping and additional options for a more modern comfort is quite disappointing. These decisions have left me uninterested in going back to replay the collection of older titles. But, that’s okay because thankfully Halo 5 has the best gunplay and gameplay in the franchise; at least, in my opinion. Plus, it has my favorite playlist experience thanks to Anniversary Throwback. I’m perfectly fine spending my time playing Halo 5 instead of the MCC.
I’ve had this game since launch, haven’t played it for THAT long.

I saw in the halo infinite preview that you could change your control layout and (silly me) in halo 5 I never looked at that. I since halo reach I always played “recon” layout and I was surprised to see in halo 5 that there is a recon lay out as well. My only con about this game was that it had a call of duty controller layout. Now that I’m playing halo 5 with a more classic lay out I believe I’m enjoying it more than ever! Still… the aim jet hover, Spartan charge, and ground pound still seem wild after playing mcc and switching in between the two.

When I first Spartan charged into a wall and crushed it I thought it was “Spartan like”, and cool, the hover is still odd to me, cool, but I never thought I’d see that in a game I guess.

Forge and custom games are cool too. I never played it much. Custom game browser never worked for me, matches not joking or drop or what not, last night I played a custom game browser game and it was good. It felt like halo, because it’s was a silly looking map doing crazy yoink, that’s what halo 3 custom games to me was about. I mean just look at all the crazy weapon varieties they created, I liked that a lot.

Campaign, I play solo but just the fact that it was never co-op would be my con for the story mode…

So all and all I still play halo 5 because I feel I missed some stuff and it’s cool to go back and see “the halo game” that virtually split the player community. I say that with love, because I have talked to players and it was always a love or a hate or both relationship. For example if you talk to someone playing MCC they’ll say halo 5 “is trash”, if you talk to someone playing halo 5 they’ve said to me that they love it or they’re just grinding and will quite after they’re max, or that they’re a bit of both. Or you got the people who just gave up and never played the game…

So I’ll end with this, and long as you’re having fun then you’re playing video games correctly.
I do still play the game to some extent and I have enjoyed it to a sufficient degree that I have managed to unlock all achievements and reach SR152. At this time, I'm contemplating if it's worth grinding towards any of the post SR152 milestones like 100 million xp.
Just got this game in 2021 :)
I was simply grinding for SR152 until my homie kept pointing out that its just a skin, its just a skin, then I came to terms with that after grinding from SR60 to SR150 in a couple of months.
I prefer this game to MCC, despite some toxicity in H5, there's even more, WAY MORE in MCC, it's like they never left that bygone H3 or Reach era where they could betray their teams and grief at will.

Before, I was doing to to make 152. But now that it's finally over, I will continue to try to max certain weapons just to kill some time while waiting for Infinite. I really cannot stomach MCC unless it's in co-op campaign with a friend.
EgoUX wrote:
If so, is it your favorite Halo to play, or do you prefer the MCC and are simply grinding?
Yeeh i still play it. I started playing it a bit more now since i kinda got tired of only playing MCC, and after the Infinite flights ended, i was left with a desire of some fast, advanced movement game. Probably i will play it more frequently than MCC now until Infinite´s release
Dude what the heck is the MCC?! I keep hearing about it, but i still dont know what it is
Droid244 wrote:
Dude what the heck is the MCC?! I keep hearing about it, but i still dont know what it is
Halo MCC (Master Chief Collection) is the halo game that Has Halo CE (Combat Evolved), Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo Reach, it basically allows you to play the old halo games from previous consoles on PC, and Xbox one in remastered graphics for some of the games like Halo CE and Halo 2, as well as the respected multiplayer mode for each of the games.

You can also switch between original graphics and remastered on the games in the collection that offer remastered graphics.

MCC is just short for Master Chief Collection.

I hope this helps. :)
I'll keep playing it until the next installment of halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3