Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Aren't these updates getting a bit ridiculous???

OP Ramrunner73

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12
Note to self: buy terabyte hard drive to download and update halo 5
Yeah, I just got a 4TB External HDD from Amazon. I don't like deleting games to make room for others.
but remember to delete all the betas..... and i recommend seagate. (also why do you nedd 4 TB????? How many games do you need?
Probably anticipating all the "goodies" we get from 343. Can't we just get the "goodies" at launch like we used to. Also Halo 5 will be extremely massive when its "completed" more so than it is now is my guess. I think we will still get "DLC" ,which are actually updates that are mandatory unlike real DLC which is supposed to be optional by the way, well into Halo Wars 2's life span.
Cant be helped at this stage
With your data cap limit, solutions are limited. Anyway to increase data usage for that one month ? Im sure most players are upset of the 91GB for H5. Ridiculous for a game nowadays since its like the size of 3-6 games as it is
3-6 games WHAT!?!?! idk what guys you have but I have games that are 40-50 GB.
GTA V is somewhere around 70GB, and I would say that it has a lot more content than Halo 5. 343i is just really bad at compressing updates. I think they should have an update that compresses as much data as they can. I am stuck having to choose now between what is on my xbox, and since the xbone has downloading issues, it would take me literally days to download a single game, and then downloading older games if I want to play them again after deleting them to make space, because halo 5 takes up 25% of my hard drive.
Not being rude or anything, but the idea is that when you get a game like this is that it only gives you a smaller part of the game and drip feeds it in slowly to keep people playing so if you had the game earlier, you could have installed the updates as they came out or, like many people have said, if you had the download code, it would have been up to date but would have taken a bit longer to download. Also bear in mind that the updates aren't exactly small. The last one, anvils legacy, did include tons of forge improvements and a content browser. Not exactly the smallest of additions.
Sorry to hear about your situation though, its happened to me before with other games but all you can do is download it, or sell it.
That's not very fair. Halo isn't an mmo, it's an arena shooter.
That's true, I do think 343 should have a way to compress the files and make it a smaller game size which should be easy enough to do. Although I like some of the updates, I agree with both the author of the forum and you that the last few updates were quite big. Sorry for seeming aggressive in my post but I really do understand this mans situation and believe that the people who are new to the game should at least be able to download the updates in smaller, more managable chunks. I didn't mean to sound unfair but I was just stating some of the facts on the updates, and yes, my post wasn't necessarily helpful but I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry.
No worries friend, I'm not offended.
Get a better data plan bro I do what you have but it's obviously garbage. Shop around.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Then you should have gotten the game earlier.
Not helpful at all.
Well its true.
Ya, it's funny Halo MCC has a LOT more content and is less than Halo 5....wait what?
Hotrod192 wrote:
Not helpful at all.
Well its true.
No it's not your still adding more Gb to your hard drive.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Not helpful at all.
Well its true.
What if he didn't want to get the game earlier? What if he didn't have the funds due to, you know, having to support a family??? Believe it or not, when you have a family to raise, your priorities aren't to buy the latest Halo game at release.

The same could be said about, well, anything. If somebody complains about not having enough money for school due to the difficulty of finding a job these days, would you say "Then you should have gotten a job sooner."? Or if somebody is dealing with the flu for two weeks, would you say "Then you should have gotten better sooner"? Definitely not. In both of those cases, like here, you would appear like a jerk who doesn't care and just wants to show how much better you are by not being in their position.
Warden657 wrote:
You bought a disk variant, which requires the updates. If you had used a digital code it would have all the updates, but it would take quite a while to download. The digital code variant is always up to date, seeing as it downloads the game and any updates at the same time.
Not true. I had to do a factory reset on my xbox 1. I was trying to fix my Kinect issue. I forgot to move Halo 5 to my external hard drive and it was deleted. I went to the store to download the digital version and it was 91 gigs. This game is huge. I think it has increased in size since launch. I think it was 60-70 gigs when it first came out. These new updates are huge.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Not helpful at all.
Well its true.
What if he didn't want to get the game earlier? What if he didn't have the funds due to, you know, having to support a family??? Believe it or not, when you have a family to raise, your priorities aren't to buy the latest Halo game at release.

The same could be said about, well, anything. If somebody complains about not having enough money for school due to the difficulty of finding a job these days, would you say "Then you should have gotten a job sooner."? Or if somebody is dealing with the flu for two weeks, would you say "Then you should have gotten better sooner"? Definitely not. In both of those cases, like here, you would appear like a jerk who doesn't care and just wants to show how much better you are by not being in their position.
*applauds*

This man knows what he's talking about.
So my son bought Halo 5 Guardians a few days ago, and now he's in bitter tears.

WHY?

Because I said he could install it on the weekend. So he puts the disk in today, and it says to play he MUST download a 41Gb update. We only have 65Gb available for the next 5 days due to the wonderful Halo 5 Forge download earlier this month.

I reluctantly say yes and schedule my work downloads for next month instead, to try and leave my family with 4Gb per day which is about our daily consumption. We could perhaps just squeeze it in.

But the download starts and the update is apparently 91Gb!!!

So now we can't play it till another week or so when our quota resets. I ask him to cancel and I apologize, but he's inconsolable.

So just wanted to say thank you for what is fast becoming the most annoying console I've ever bought. Any time we buy a new game, it seems the update (which we MUST do apparently) is become simply way to unwieldy as to be almost useless to us.

This is absolutely STUPID. We BUY the disk so we DON'T have to download, yet the "update" is so many times bigger than the info actually on the initial disk installation.

When did this become so acceptable? I personally think it's time for these game companies to pull their finger out and stop this crap.

Sincerely,
disgruntled dad.
It's that with PS4 just a heads up. But yeah I don't like how there is so many big updates that don't seem like they should take up that much storage or the fact we have to download the game before we can play it. I remember the good old days of 360.
And I remember the Great old days of offline consoles games not even needing updates :|
Hey. at least you got a complete game.
That's still debatable. Closer to finished yeah. 100% not just yet
Fair enough. I'm not saying this as a bad thing by the way, I just meant it takes up so much space because the game is more complete now than it was at launch. So really he's complaining about having a game with too much content.
Warden657 wrote:
You bought a disk variant, which requires the updates. If you had used a digital code it would have all the updates, but it would take quite a while to download. The digital code variant is always up to date, seeing as it downloads the game and any updates at the same time.
The game would be the exact same size, so that doesnt address the issue OP was talking about.
So... do people want content or not?
True, it is of course good to have these updates and to have these updates you of course have to sacrifise something in exchange to get them! And these updates are super awesome! Come'on, PC Halo, really??? 343 is just half step close to put halo 6 on PC! Just whether they want to or not! All these new contents just refresh Halo 5 evry single time!
It's a big reason why I uninstalled the game, the updates are disappointing and hardly add any meaningful content and most of the content is either useless REQs, lazy remakes of maps already in the game, or should have been in the game at day one.
wouldn't it still have to do all the updates eventfully because of the monthly updates
Lol, a bit too much to download at once!!!

WHY?

Because I said he could install it on the weekend. So he puts the disk in today, and it says to play he MUST download a 41Gb update. We only have 65Gb available for the next 5 days due to the wonderful Halo 5 Forge download earlier this month.

I reluctantly say yes and schedule my work downloads for next month instead, to try and leave my family with 4Gb per day which is about our daily consumption. We could perhaps just squeeze it in.

So now we can't play it till another week or so when our quota resets. I ask him to cancel and I apologize, but he's inconsolable.

So just wanted to say thank you for what is fast becoming the most annoying console I've ever bought. Any time we buy a new game, it seems the update (which we MUST do apparently) is become simply way to unwieldy as to be almost useless to us.

This is absolutely STUPID. We BUY the disk so we DON'T have to download, yet the "update" is so many times bigger than the info actually on the initial disk installation.

When did this become so acceptable? I personally think it's time for these game companies to pull their finger out and stop this crap.

Sincerely,
disgruntled dad.
the download size n installing for this game is ridiculos yes and its 343 fault

WHY?

Sincerely,
disgruntled dad.
I can relate, I finally got to play reach on xb1 and it took up almost 20 gigs. This was a reasonable amount but when I later got doom it took up an extra 40 gigs than what I had been told, so I gotta wait till Christmas to play reach again. Xbox is getting more stupid than destiny.

WHY?

Sincerely,
disgruntled dad.
I can relate, I finally got to play reach on xb1 and it took up almost 20 gigs. This was a reasonable amount but when I later got doom it took up an extra 40 gigs than what I had been told, so I gotta wait till Christmas to play reach again. Xbox is getting more stupid than destiny.
Stupider than destiny? I don't see how this applies to how big gaming companies make their games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12