Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Arena - Why is join in progress removed?

OP alexo101

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
In an interview/blog I read, Josh Holmes said somewhere that joining a game in progress would be disabled across all matchmaking game types (excluding war zone). Why was that important? I've been playing halo casually since 2009 and not having new teammates join your game when one or two leaves can be frustrating. In MCC, it is almost guaranteed that I will not finish a game if two out of four of my teammates have quit. Why not have a couple unranked playlists that allow join in progress? I'm sure warzone will be a blast, but not having join in progress when you're thrown into an arena game of complete strangers is not a fun experience. This is especially true when the "skill matchmaking" system pairs you up with people who are much better at halo than I am (which is probably 75% of the halo community, unfortunately). I am aware that customs, forge, and even campaign will have join in progress, which is great.
Because Arena is the "competitive" mode for Halo. A lot of people do not want to join a game that is already being played and is most likely going to put them on the losing team.
Exactly jip is crap
Wait, so people complain JIP was ruining Halo 4, now in Halo 5 they are getting rid of it and people are complaining about it? :/
Good riddance.
Glad it's gone in Arena, and glad that it's available in Warzone. They made the right choices.
HL8968 wrote:
Wait, so people complain JIP was ruining Halo 4, now in Halo 5 they are getting rid of it and people are complaining about it? :/
People always make this type of argument; you have to understand that the people who complained JIP was a problem are not the same people who want it back. The Halo community isn't a single being, it's a collective with a vast variation of people with vast variations of opinions. Keep that in mind in future discussions.
HL8968 wrote:
People always make this type of argument; you have to understand that the people who complained JIP was a problem are not the same people who want it back. The Halo community isn't a single being, it's a collective with a vast variation of people with vast variations of opinions. Keep that in mind in future discussions.
Logic! Common Sense!

How dare you sir. This is the internet
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
I didn't think JiP was all that bad. However there should have been a ranked playlist which would have no jip and social playlist that would have jip.
I didn't think JiP was all that bad. However there should have been a ranked playlist which would have no jip and social playlist that would have jip.
Thats the point of arena.
I'm glad you can't join a game in progress, it feels really un-halo like.
Cooltn wrote:
How can something feel un halo like
Cooltn wrote:
Does finishing a game with half a team "feel like Halo?" 'Cause that's what's gonna happen. A lot.
Cooltn wrote:
Does finishing a game with half a team "feel like Halo?" 'Cause that's what's gonna happen. A lot.
Put into better words than I could
If the ranking works well I don't think Arena will need it. People with somewhat higher ranks won't want to quit because doing so will lower their rank. Once you have a reasonable good rank you shouldn't see too many quitters.
HL8968 wrote:
Because the community thinks that it isn't "competitive" enough. Getting spawn-killed for two minutes straight because your team rage quit sure is "competitive"...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7