Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Arena and Warzone Legendary XP boost packs gone?

OP Jackal

I just noticed that the Legendary XP boost packs for Arena and Warzone have been removed from the store. Is this intentional? I sure hope not seeing as hitting 152 before Infinite is basically impossible without them. I know complaining about MTX being removed from a game is crazy but c'mon.
They were there as part of the holiday celebrations. There will be other events like it in the future. 152 is not impossible without them seeing as there are a number of such players here on Waypoint, but you only get it if you are dedicated enough to the game.
Unless you wanna spend around 5.3 hours every single day from now until November 11th, it's not happening. I've done the math. That's how long it would take me roughly at level 114 to reach 152 in time for Infinite. With the Legendary boost packs it was at least 5 months of a solid several hours a day.
The packs are still available they just require a direct link to the page (only with real money)
here is the warzone pack:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-5-guardians-warzone-xp-boost-req-pack/c46wpknxb4z6/0x3j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

here is the arena pack: (the links a bit long sorry but i cant hyperlink yet)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-5-guardians-arena-xp-boost-req-pack/br30fcdpjsqt?ocid=AID681541_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=%28ir__ttdztdc30ckfrhltxcm9pyfc6f2xhpqzvtonlt6h00%29%287593%29%281243925%29%28qqvb4ePimS8-buP3rNgPjLwZxijpS.J3xg%29%28%29&ranMID=24542&ranEAID=qqvb4ePimS8&ranSiteID=qqvb4ePimS8-buP3rNgPjLwZxijpS.J3xg&epi=qqvb4ePimS8-buP3rNgPjLwZxijpS.J3xg&irgwc=1&irclickid=_ttdztdc30ckfrhltxcm9pyfc6f2xhpqzvtonlt6h00#activetab=pivot:overviewtab
The packs are still available they just require a direct link to the page (only with real money)
here is the warzone pack: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-5-guardians-warzone-xp-boost-req-pack/c46wpknxb4z6/0x3j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
It worked! you absolute legend. Thank you!
Jackal wrote:
here is the warzone pack: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-5-guardians-warzone-xp-boost-req-pack/c46wpknxb4z6/0x3j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
No problem
Jackal wrote:
Unless you wanna spend around 5.3 hours every single day from now until November 11th, it's not happening. I've done the math. That's how long it would take me roughly at level 114 to reach 152 in time for Infinite. With the Legendary boost packs it was at least 5 months of a solid several hours a day.
Then it doesn’t happen. The idea isn’t to cheapen the reward for those who reached 152 by playing all those hours. If you want to spend real money on XP packs, then that’s a good option.
tuhin94 wrote:
Jackal wrote:
Then it doesn’t happen. The idea isn’t to cheapen the reward for those who reached 152 by playing all those hours. If you want to spend real money on XP packs, then that’s a good option.
I get that. It's just that showing off the reward is bound to incentivise people who weren't interested initially into doing it. Admittedly I never cared about 152 until now, but seeing as the reward is literally my colour scheme down to a T, it would be nice to still achieve it. It's hard to want to do something when all you've had to go off is "A little reward for those who hit 152". For all we know it could've just been an emblem, but a whole armour coating that they didn't even show off until last month? People are gonna want that, but given the amount of time needed to get it done before release without the packs and double XP is ridiculous. It is what it is.
Jackal wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Jackal wrote:
I get that. It's just that showing off the reward is bound to incentivise people who weren't interested initially into doing it. Admittedly I never cared about 152 until now, but seeing as the reward is literally my colour scheme down to a T, it would be nice to still achieve it. It's hard to want to do something when all you've had to go off is "A little reward for those who hit 152". For all we know it could've just been an emblem, but a whole armour coating that they didn't even show off until last month? People are gonna want that, but given the amount of time needed to get it done before release without the packs and double XP is ridiculous. It is what it is.
Being as you're already 114, about to be 115, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility for you to hit 152 before release. That being said, nowhere has it been stated that you have to reach 152 BEFORE Infinite releases... so there's that, even if you don't make it by release, it'll still be possible for you to make it. If you're not that gameplay dependent, stick to firefight and play for a couple hours a day. Even without boosts, you should be able to get anywhere from 50-100k a day... it's not great, but hey, xp is xp... plus there will be events, plus the featured playlists, and I would assume they'll do the October birthday celebration again, so as it's getting close, keep an eye out for that just in case they decide to do that again. You'll be fine!! I have faith in you!!
Jackal wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Jackal wrote:
If you are level 114 and can average 17,000 XP per game on Mythic WZFF. You can reach 152 by playing 9 games a day. Depending on how fast you can win them or at least finish games in higher rounds the faster your experience will be. With 20 min avrg games, 20x9=180 minutes a day playing. Here is the kicker, there are cheeky XP boosts, not talking about the Legendary XP ones but ones for AI kills. For some odd reason, I popped one of these earlier today, finished first for AI kills, and got over 33,000 XP in a single game. I had a ton of these piled up and even the less rare ones seemed to yield on par or higher XP yields than the flat legendary XP boosts.
I average even with just the basic common XP boosts, 19,000 XP per game even if we only get to round 5 and fail. If you can do the same, you shave off 1 game per day. You could totally speedrun this with tryhards like me and probs be done in the next few months playing just a few hours a day listening to podcasts or something while playing. GT: Hynivan, add me if you are up for the challenge.
Hynivan wrote:
Jackal wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Jackal wrote:
If you are level 114 and can average 17,000 XP per game on Mythic WZFF. You can reach 152 by playing 9 games a day. Depending on how fast you can win them or at least finish games in higher rounds the faster your experience will be. With 20 min avrg games, 20x9=180 minutes a day playing. Here is the kicker, there are cheeky XP boosts, not talking about the Legendary XP ones but ones for AI kills. For some odd reason, I popped one of these earlier today, finished first for AI kills, and got over 33,000 XP in a single game. I had a ton of these piled up and even the less rare ones seemed to yield on par or higher XP yields than the flat legendary XP boosts.
I average even with just the basic common XP boosts, 19,000 XP per game even if we only get to round 5 and fail. If you can do the same, you shave off 1 game per day. You could totally speedrun this with tryhards like me and probs be done in the next few months playing just a few hours a day listening to podcasts or something while playing. GT: Hynivan, add me if you are up for the challenge.
Yeah, legendary gambit ai boosts give 16,000 xp compared to 11,000 from normal legendarys
Does anyone know if there is a method to directly access the Warzone XP cards through the Halowaypoint REQ store (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/requisitions/store) so we can use our points instead of having to pay with money?
Does anyone know if there is a method to directly access the Warzone XP cards through the Halowaypoint REQ store (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/requisitions/store) so we can use our points instead of having to pay with money?
You cannot use REQ Points to buy Packs unless they’re currently available in the game store.

The MS store allows you to use your real world money or convert your Microsoft reward points into a gift card - essentially getting the pack for free.
TheDonCJG wrote:
You cannot use REQ Points to buy Packs unless they’re currently available in the game store.

The MS store allows you to use your real world money or convert your Microsoft reward points into a gift card - essentially getting the pack for free.
Thanks good to know!
Jackal wrote:
RIP this mans/woman's wallet.
Foombles wrote:
Jackal wrote:
RIP this mans/woman's wallet.
Lol I would normally agree with you, but the packs aren’t too expensive and someone just pointed out MS rewards to essentially get the packs for free if you have enough points
Just keep grinding. You'll get there.
Cabe destacar que al llegar al nivel 150 es la mitad del camino, porque para llegar de nivel 0-152 se necesitan 50 millones de xp. Al llegar al nivel 150 se tiene un total de 24 millones, osea que solo faltan 26 millones de xp mas