Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Arena Doubles and Power Ups

OP KC 82

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
All those others give me a fair shot at killing the opponent BECAUSE I CAN SEE THEM!
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
All those others give me a fair shot at killing the opponent BECAUSE I CAN SEE THEM!
If you are on a map that has the active camo power-up, it is part of the game to control it. Controlling it means A) getting it, keeping track of when it will be available again and B) keeping track of when the enemy team has it and playing accordingly. That is what Halo is about. That is what it has always been about.
But since you are not quite grasping this.. I will attempt to point out how it is balanced...

1) It is available to both teams to get. There is nothing stopping you from attempting to get the active camo. It comes up every 2 minutes. keep track.
2) If someone is grabbing active camo (at the beginning of the game) then that same person cannot be in two places at once... so grab the power weapon. Balanced.
3) Again, you are only visible while moving slow or crouched. If you move too fast you will not be invisible. If you are not crouched, you will show up on radar.

Power-ups are meant to be an advantage when your team gets them. When you say they are cheap, you are entitled to your opinion... but I would just argue that if they weren't "cheap" to use your terms, then they wouldn't be very advantageous.
343 should make a invisidoubles where all 4 players are constantly invisible just because you complained haha! DOOM TO ALL
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
All those others give me a fair shot at killing the opponent BECAUSE I CAN SEE THEM!
If you are on a map that has the active camo power-up, it is part of the game to control it. Controlling it means A) getting it, keeping track of when it will be available again and B) keeping track of when the enemy team has it and playing accordingly. That is what Halo is about. That is what it has always been about.
But since you are not quite grasping this.. I will attempt to point out how it is balanced...

1) It is available to both teams to get. There is nothing stopping you from attempting to get the active camo. It comes up every 2 minutes. keep track.
2) If someone is grabbing active camo (at the beginning of the game) then that same person cannot be in two places at once... so grab the power weapon. Balanced.
3) Again, you are only visible while moving slow or crouched. If you move too fast you will not be invisible. If you are not crouched, you will show up on radar.

Power-ups are meant to be an advantage when your team gets them. When you say they are cheap, you are entitled to your opinion... but I would just argue that if they weren't "cheap" to use your terms, then they wouldn't be very advantageous.
You don't have to explain Halo to me, I've been playing it online since it was online. I completely understand map control and what it's about. It doesn't change the fact that invisibility is a cheap power up and it shouldn't be in competitive play. I have played doubles for many years (skipped Halo 4) and I don't recall active camo being a pick up. In Reach it was one of the few powers you could choose, but it was disabled in doubles. You can bully and put me down all you want, but these forums are to voice an opinion. You aren't going to agree with every post and beating people over the head won't change their mind. Don't get so upset.
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
All those others give me a fair shot at killing the opponent BECAUSE I CAN SEE THEM!
If you are on a map that has the active camo power-up, it is part of the game to control it. Controlling it means A) getting it, keeping track of when it will be available again and B) keeping track of when the enemy team has it and playing accordingly. That is what Halo is about. That is what it has always been about.
But since you are not quite grasping this.. I will attempt to point out how it is balanced...

1) It is available to both teams to get. There is nothing stopping you from attempting to get the active camo. It comes up every 2 minutes. keep track.
2) If someone is grabbing active camo (at the beginning of the game) then that same person cannot be in two places at once... so grab the power weapon. Balanced.
3) Again, you are only visible while moving slow or crouched. If you move too fast you will not be invisible. If you are not crouched, you will show up on radar.

Power-ups are meant to be an advantage when your team gets them. When you say they are cheap, you are entitled to your opinion... but I would just argue that if they weren't "cheap" to use your terms, then they wouldn't be very advantageous.
You don't have to explain Halo to me, I've been playing it online since it was online. I completely understand map control and what it's about. It doesn't change the fact that invisibility is a cheap power up and it shouldn't be in competitive play. I have played doubles for many years (skipped Halo 4) and I don't recall active camo being a pick up. In Reach it was one of the few powers you could choose, but it was disabled in doubles. You can bully and put me down all you want, but these forums are to voice an opinion. You aren't going to agree with every post and beating people over the head won't change their mind. Don't get so upset.
The only person it seems to be getting upset here is you. Several people have given their opinions on how to play with invis as a pickup. It's all map control, same as power weapons. If you're getting killed by invisible people then beat them to the pickup. Simple as that.
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
Exactly. I've heard people moan about pretty much everything in Halo. You killed me with rockets - cheap. You used grenades - cheap. You were sneaky and punched me from behind - cheap. You just used the BR - cheap. Etc etc.

There's a good variety of weapons, power ups and tactics to be used in doubles. But some players like to blame everything but themselves when it comes to winning and losing.
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
All those others give me a fair shot at killing the opponent BECAUSE I CAN SEE THEM!
If you are on a map that has the active camo power-up, it is part of the game to control it. Controlling it means A) getting it, keeping track of when it will be available again and B) keeping track of when the enemy team has it and playing accordingly. That is what Halo is about. That is what it has always been about.
But since you are not quite grasping this.. I will attempt to point out how it is balanced...

1) It is available to both teams to get. There is nothing stopping you from attempting to get the active camo. It comes up every 2 minutes. keep track.
2) If someone is grabbing active camo (at the beginning of the game) then that same person cannot be in two places at once... so grab the power weapon. Balanced.
3) Again, you are only visible while moving slow or crouched. If you move too fast you will not be invisible. If you are not crouched, you will show up on radar.

Power-ups are meant to be an advantage when your team gets them. When you say they are cheap, you are entitled to your opinion... but I would just argue that if they weren't "cheap" to use your terms, then they wouldn't be very advantageous.
You don't have to explain Halo to me, I've been playing it online since it was online. I completely understand map control and what it's about. It doesn't change the fact that invisibility is a cheap power up and it shouldn't be in competitive play. I have played doubles for many years (skipped Halo 4) and I don't recall active camo being a pick up. In Reach it was one of the few powers you could choose, but it was disabled in doubles. You can bully and put me down all you want, but these forums are to voice an opinion. You aren't going to agree with every post and beating people over the head won't change their mind. Don't get so upset.
I'm not trying to be mean, but looking at your service record you've only played 29 games of Arena, maybe you just need some more practice learning how to use and avoid enemies with camo.
Sorry OP, but I agree with the many others on here that INVIS and power ups in general are fine and should be in Doubles. They have already said all the points I would of said.

KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
KC 82 wrote:
Powerups in Arena should have downsides effect or the enemy team would keep on getting them and thus lead them into an easy win
Why? Halo has always been about controlling the map, and that also takes into consideration of controlling the power ups and the power ups as well as the better map position (generally higher grounds). Why should the team that outplayed the other be punished for winning control of a power up? The power ups are there for more interesting combat. The team that pulls O/s gives a temporary moment to push vs the enemy, invis lets one flank around the map easier to neutralize players in power positions, speed boost makes you harder to it while letting you carry objectives faster, and damage boost lets you neutralize opponents faster than normal. These elements are precisely why I still love playing halo multiplayer. It's one of the only games today that focus on map control and on map pickups effecting gameplay. Do you know what would happen if they just let us spawn with everything and not have on map pickups? Halo 4 is the anwser. Halo -Yoinking!- 4.
If I could re-do my original post, I would just say that active camo is cheap B.S.. I am okay with power weapons because each one is balanced, either by function or ammo capacity. But, Invisible enemies in ranked play? Really?
How is invis cheap? As tryhard said you'd then think rockets are cheap, they kill you instantly if hit. Even corner camping a door way with a shotgun is cheap. Automatic range in this game is cheap. I'd argue invis being "cheap" doesn't outweigh what it adds to the game. Is O/s not cheap? I can take double the damage because of it while others struggle to kill me before I kill them. Why is invis the only cheap one in? In brrakout you see their footprints, in non breakout games they give off a little blur when you look at them. They're not 100% invisible. It's always been used in ranked play. Remember h3 guardians? H3 the pit?
All those others give me a fair shot at killing the opponent BECAUSE I CAN SEE THEM!
If you are on a map that has the active camo power-up, it is part of the game to control it. Controlling it means A) getting it, keeping track of when it will be available again and B) keeping track of when the enemy team has it and playing accordingly. That is what Halo is about. That is what it has always been about.
But since you are not quite grasping this.. I will attempt to point out how it is balanced...

1) It is available to both teams to get. There is nothing stopping you from attempting to get the active camo. It comes up every 2 minutes. keep track.
2) If someone is grabbing active camo (at the beginning of the game) then that same person cannot be in two places at once... so grab the power weapon. Balanced.
3) Again, you are only visible while moving slow or crouched. If you move too fast you will not be invisible. If you are not crouched, you will show up on radar.

Power-ups are meant to be an advantage when your team gets them. When you say they are cheap, you are entitled to your opinion... but I would just argue that if they weren't "cheap" to use your terms, then they wouldn't be very advantageous.
You don't have to explain Halo to me, I've been playing it online since it was online. I completely understand map control and what it's about. It doesn't change the fact that invisibility is a cheap power up and it shouldn't be in competitive play. I have played doubles for many years (skipped Halo 4) and I don't recall active camo being a pick up. In Reach it was one of the few powers you could choose, but it was disabled in doubles. You can bully and put me down all you want, but these forums are to voice an opinion. You aren't going to agree with every post and beating people over the head won't change their mind. Don't get so upset.
I've played Doubles since there was a Doubles in Halo, and I can assure you that Invis. has been in Doubles in past Halo games. Cold Storage, The Pit, Epitaph to name a few, all had invis. in Halo 3 doubles for example. I can name other Halos if you'd like as well, but I think I made my point.
Sounds like everyone is in love with camo in doubles. :( Oh well, at least there IS doubles.
I can basically make the same argument with any power weapon in doubles invisibility is not overpowered it is very finicky with the visibility and I only use it to cover my motion tracker and a good player can see a invisible person before they attack.

Also the auto type for my computer suggested Indian when I type invisibility.
Invisibility should be removed from ALL doubles maps. Period.
yup. With a 4v4 game, invisibility is much harder to use. the only thing it helps in 2v2 is campers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2