Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Arena Leg. XP Boost vs. Mythic WZ FF

OP mordorsam

Hey Spartans,
Just had a quick question. I've been grinding to 152 recently and as such, I've been playing a ton of Mythic Warzone Firefight. Yesterday, though, I noticed that I have 68 Legendary XP Boosts for Arena. They've just been accumulating in my account, and I was hoping to get your opinions; should I continue to grind out Mythic WZ Firefight with the rare boosts I've been using, or should I focus on using all my Arena Leg. XP boosts?
mordorsam wrote:
Hey Spartans,
Just had a quick question. I've been grinding to 152 recently and as such, I've been playing a ton of Mythic Warzone Firefight. Yesterday, though, I noticed that I have 68 Legendary XP Boosts for Arena. They've just been accumulating in my account, and I was hoping to get your opinions; should I continue to grind out Mythic WZ Firefight with the rare boosts I've been using, or should I focus on using all my Arena Leg. XP boosts?
If you’re going to use your Arena Legendary boosts I recommend using them in a featured playlist (the ones with a gold star) as they have double base XP.

Overall though, Mythic will always be a better choice. A bit of arena never hurts, change up the pace for a bit
TheDonCJG wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
Hey Spartans,
If you’re going to use your Arena Legendary boosts I recommend using them in a featured playlist (the ones with a gold star) as they have double base XP.

Overall though, Mythic will always be a better choice. A bit of arena never hurts, change up the pace for a bit
Thank you! I was wondering if Featured playlists with Legendary boosts would overtake the XP gain from Mythic, but I know now that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll keep this in mind for when the grind begins to take its toll.
mordorsam wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
Hey Spartans,

Thank you! I was wondering if Featured playlists with Legendary boosts would overtake the XP gain from Mythic, but I know now that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll keep this in mind for when the grind begins to take its toll.
When Action Sack is featured it does have some gametypes which can be over inside 5 mins and with legendary XP boosts can net 10k for a win so they can be quicker but you'll burn through your boosts fast
MorseyBaby wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
Hey Spartans,

When Action Sack is featured it does have some gametypes which can be over inside 5 mins and with legendary XP boosts can net 10k for a win so they can be quicker but you'll burn through your boosts fast
I'll try that out when it rolls around again, might as well make the best use of the arena boosts while I can!
mordorsam wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
Hey Spartans,

I'll try that out when it rolls around again, might as well make the best use of the arena boosts while I can!
Definitely and as others have said: breaks up the grind monotony a bit
Any Social or Arena featured playlist with a * next to it. It's absolutely worth it...generally any playlist that will net +1k xp/min is worth it. The legendary XP no matter arena or war zone are worth using. plus it'll break up the monotony of mythic ff...
Any Social or Arena featured playlist with a * next to it. It's absolutely worth it...generally any playlist that will net +1k xp/min is worth it. The legendary XP no matter arena or war zone are worth using. plus it'll break up the monotony of mythic ff...
Entirely agree - just some gametypes are more efficient than others