Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Arena needs incentives

OP AMENDMENT I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
There is a very big problem with the way the ranking system works. I say this after getting 26 kills in a swat match ranked silver. I didnt purposefully aim to be silver. I just usually dont do well in the placement matches. Half the time I dont do good anyways even after the matches lol. On topic though there is no good reason for people to bother placing in Onyx or Diamond or even Platinum. When the season ends we all get the exact same emblem simply because we participated. The only reward you get from playing arena is a participation emblem. This of course leads to people deciding that staying at the bottom would be better. Its easier to complete the commendations that way. If the game actually offered us something for placing high then it gives people a reason to want to be at the top. Or at least a reason to try and place high.

Currently all you can do is brag or feel good that you once placed high and then thats it. You get nothing and next season you have to do it all again anyways.
Arena needs higher REQ point payouts. I dont understand why nearly a year after launch the boosts are STILL godawful.
Codes 208 wrote:
Arena needs higher REQ point payouts. I dont understand why nearly a year after launch the boosts are STILL godawful.
Agreed.
It needs better everything. There's just no reason to really place high or aim for anything. Plus the req points are so low that its not helping anything.
Arena rankings are pointless when a champion player can get matched up with a bronze.

Game mode commendations and daily win packs are really the only reason I play arena any more. And even then I can only stomach it for a handful of matches a day.
Codes 208 wrote:
This.

I just don't feel motivated to play Arena. To be honest, the only reason I do play it is to get the emblem.
I feel like Arena REQ payouts are lower because theoretically, the Arena audience is a more dedicated, "hardcore" bunch... They don't play for the REQ unlocks so much as they play because the enjoy the game for what it is and will play regularly, and thus REQ payouts are reduced to provide more of a grind... more longevity.

Arena just needs some more original maps and game modes/playlists. I'd gladly pay $20-30 for a nice bundle of all-new maps, with fresh sight lines and thoughtful layouts.
Arena needs 1-50 ranks. Period. Or for the longevity of it keep the current rankings but add 1-50 in each one. The grind would really be worth it then.
The incentive should be to have fun.
So many B.S. Comments lol. Did we ever have incentives in previous halos doing 4v4 arena? Is not hitting onyx not enough? Cuz simply making onyx is the incentive. Of course if you feel no incentive then you're probably not cut out for arena play, oh well I guess. There's also the incentive to just play for fun, playing to get better, playing because it offers skill play, playing for the game modes it offers, ect ect. You don't need no emblem as incentive people........

As as for arena rp: it's lower cuz your average arena game is very short when compared to warzone games. It's fine as is if you ask me.
For some people the incentive is the fun. Getting a worthwhile amount of req points would be a good start, as Arena is far more demanding than warzone in terms of concentration. It should give more Rp/XP on the basis that it's not so laid back.
Maybe you should get a scaling bonus based on your division?
We really don't need am incentive. In my opinion, a good idea is a special emblem or skin unlocked for hitting Champion or Onyx would be cool.
Maybe you should get a scaling bonus based on your division?
That's actually a cool idea.
For me, placing higher than I did last season is enough of an incentive to keep playing. But as far as participation "trophies" go. The emblems are great but I would much prefer a few gold packs every month.
At the very least there should be a permanent place in your in game service record that show your highest skill ever obtained. Just like it does here on waypoint. That way you have a visual goal in game to go after each season.

The end of each season is always kind of deflating because everything you did all season is just...gone.
At the very least there should be a permanent place in your in game service record that show your highest skill ever obtained. Just like it does here on waypoint. That way you have a visual goal in game to go after each season.

The end of each season is always kind of deflating because everything you did all season is just...gone.
I can actually agree with this idea. I'd like there to be a "last season to current season" comparison kind of history report. Don't necessarily need to show my rank since I'll already know but i would like to compare my k/d, accuracy, ect ect.
There is a very big problem with the way the ranking system works. I say this after getting 26 kills in a swat match ranked silver. I didnt purposefully aim to be silver. I just usually dont do well in the placement matches. Half the time I dont do good anyways even after the matches lol. On topic though there is no good reason for people to bother placing in Onyx or Diamond or even Platinum. When the season ends we all get the exact same emblem simply because we participated. The only reward you get from playing arena is a participation emblem. This of course leads to people deciding that staying at the bottom would be better. Its easier to complete the commendations that way. If the game actually offered us something for placing high then it gives people a reason to want to be at the top. Or at least a reason to try and place high.

Currently all you can do is brag or feel good that you once placed high and then thats it. You get nothing and next season you have to do it all again anyways.
The incentive in arena is to get to the highest rank possible. Just like how it was in Halo 3. No offence, but If you need more incentive then that, then maybe you should play a other game or at the very least, a different mode of play in Halo. Yes I do think the ranking system in Halo 5 is pretty so-so to put it lightly and ranking resets are the worst idea ever (I know 4 people who have quit Halo 5 just because of the resets. Not everyone can play everyday 343I) Rank names should also be things like Captain, General etc. not Gold, Silver, Onyx etc. I thought we were playing Halo, not COD....I thought we were the UNSC 343I and you love lore? well Lore says the highest ranking officer is General 5 star. Make it happen in Halo 6 343I.

I do like the Halo 3 STYLE ranking system better. Start at the bottom and work your way up. As you should be.

Also, the only reason Warzone get's more players IMO is because you can earn WAY higher EXP and REQ points there compare to Arena. One match in warzone I can earn 10000 EXP and 5000 REQ points EASYILY! Where as in Arena, it's hard to get 2000 EXP and 1000 REQ points. I've always said, if they made Arena closer to warzone in terms of EXP amounts and REQ points, way more people would play Arena. Halo should be Arena only like it used to be in Halo 1-3 IMO. Would fix a lot of problems.
Is the thrill of victory not enough for you?
I don't know why but I do find 4v4 more fun than other game modes maybe because I don't play it enough but too often I get stuck being spawn trapped and it puts me off going near it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2