Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Arena Training

OP baconsam5283

I stopped playing Halo 5 for 2 weeks to go on vacation, and started playing again when the new season started up again. I knocked out placement matches for SWAT, and reached Platinum 1, which is good considering I’m not that skilled but can usually hold my own pretty well in most games. However after my 2 week hiatus and getting platinum 1, my wins are becoming less and less and I’m now coming in at the bottom of the scoreboard.

So questions:

1. Did you all cast an evil Halo spell on me that made me lose?
  2. And do you have a training regimen to get me back on my feet?
Please help,
A disgruntled grunt.
I noticed H5 is the worst game for me to get used to again whenever I take a break from it so the only thing you can do is just keep playing and it will eventually come back.
http://i.imgur.com/17TDD10.gif

As for me, I've just bought a new Elite controller so my halo games should be looking up.
I stopped playing Halo 5 for 2 weeks to go on vacation, and started playing again when the new season started up again. I knocked out placement matches for SWAT, and reached Platinum 1, which is good considering I’m not that skilled but can usually hold my own pretty well in most games. However after my 2 week hiatus and getting platinum 1, my wins are becoming less and less and I’m now coming in at the bottom of the scoreboard.

So questions:

Please help,
A disgruntled grunt.
To answer point 1. Yes we did.
To answer point 2. No we don't.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I noticed H5 is the worst game for me to get used to again whenever I take a break from it so the only thing you can do is just keep playing and it will eventually come back.
This is why I haven't played for a long time. I'm afraid of getting frustrated and hating the game the moment I hop on haha. You're so right. The way it feels to aim is just very different, and how fast spartans are in this game with the added maneuverability.

I know there's videos out there that say how easy halo 5 is. Bullet magnetism, aim assist. Etc. I get that. Though...there is still a trick to aiming good at high caliber matches. If 1 pro can destroy 2 other pros utilizing a beast strafe and locked in aim making the other 2 miss (I forget what hcs match this was, but I believe it was shotzzy who killed 1 person who got him weak...I think to a 1 shot, the enemy team mate comes in to clean up kill and gets absolutely pooped on. The map was truth. )

So it can't be THAT easy if a pro player missed a clean up kill on a dude who was 1 shot right?

For aiming practice on topic though, I think octagon is one of the best ways to dial in your aim. It always helps me when I take a break.

As for me, I've just bought a new Elite controller so my halo games should be looking up.
What are your thoughts on these? Worth the investment?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
This is why I haven't played for a long time. I'm afraid of getting frustrated and hating the game the moment I hop on haha. You're so right. The way it feels to aim is just very different, and how fast spartans are in this game with the added maneuverability.

I know there's videos out there that say how easy halo 5 is. Bullet magnetism, aim assist. Etc. I get that. Though...there is still a trick to aiming good at high caliber matches. If 1 pro can destroy 2 other pros utilizing a beast strafe and locked in aim making the other 2 miss (I forget what hcs match this was, but I believe it was shotzzy who killed 1 person who got him weak...I think to a 1 shot, the enemy team mate comes in to clean up kill and gets absolutely pooped on. The map was truth. )

So it can't be THAT easy if a pro player missed a clean up kill on a dude who was 1 shot right?

For aiming practice on topic though, I think octagon is one of the best ways to dial in your aim. It always helps me when I take a break.
This kid is playing SWAT... btw.
I heard it helps if you change your in game emblem to a Tom cat 😉 Not even joking you will become a God in this game!
LUKEPOWA wrote:

This kid is playing SWAT... btw.
What's harder? Consistently shooting a moving target that has more health, more time to evade shots while placing shots while both players are directly facing each other? Or a setting where your advantage on first shot is so significant that your aim being inconsistent won't have as a crucial effect on your gameplay since the enemy can die before a real 1v1 encounter begins? In the higher tiers, you'd need that consistency. You can't build it up just shooting someone once especially if most of your kills are from enemies not even fighting back most of the time. That can lead to choking shots when under actual pressure.

Imo, if your aim is dialed in for playlists like slayer, objective playlists, the playlists where your shields are under normal settings, you'd do even better in swat. You need more than reaction speed to win those fights, and the carry over to swat is apparent. Where as someone who's only good in a swat playlist, its pretty noticable that the carry over isn't there when they do try to play stuff like slayer if they normally never play slayer.

I don't really play swat mainly because the fights aren't diverse enough, and although it feels pretty cool to kill all enemies in 1 clip...it's just nowhere near as dope as making a sick play in another playlist where you have to be much more crafty and precise with your shots, strafe, traps, etc.

Just my opinion of course. It's fine if to you disagree, but I assumed your reply was meant to refer to octagon being useless for honing gun and strafe skills. If I'm wrong about that assumption, I'm sorry to assume that. If I assumed correctly, then I highly disagree with it, and have put my 2 cents why.