Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?
TBH I think armour effects are just gimmicks.
Never liked them.
Just another particle effect that dont do anything.
Well, since 343, the multiplayer is canon now. So no more armor effects, as they are not realistic. Only pizza skins. /s
The armour effects were unique, however I don't think there is a high demand for them. However if 343 brought them back I wouldn't turn them down.
I wouldn't mind having my Birthday Party effect back. Good times.
I personally never liked them, so I hope they don't come back in the next game.
They were just a gimmick and one I'd rather not see return.
I hated armor effects for being silly and was hoping multiplayer being 'canon' would help keep things serious. Then we got pizza skins so I guess general immersion/seriousness arguments kind of went out the window.

I'd still greatly dislike to see them return though.
They would be visually impressive (i.e. the pestellence effect during Infection), but armor effects can stay behind.
Celestis wrote:
Well, since 343, the multiplayer is canon now. So no more armor effects, as they are not realistic. Only pizza skins. /s
Actually this can easily be explained using canon, in a social environment Spartans may be allowed to modify what their armor emits using the simulations holographic projectors, or it could just be a glitch like the Timmy helmet.
I'd rather see the opposite. I.E. I put on the birthday party effect and everyone I headshot offers me a "Yay!" and some confetti. Since it would only be from the perspective of the person using it everyone should be happy with that.
Celestis wrote:
Personally I don't think that's quite the reason as to why they were never added back into the game. But I can see why.

I think it was just more of a what should we spend money on, what should we spend time on, etc, kind of thing.
TBH the armor effects was kinda cheesy in such a serious game but I'd like if they let us customize our armor like reach and instead of different weather maybe let us change our thruster color or make it look different
Never liked them.
Did the armor do anything? It's all only cosmetics.
Never liked them.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
Never liked them.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
I don't care much for reach, but the cosmetic stuff for our characters were awesome! So much that I wasted most of 8th to 9th grade to reach inheritor, 1yr and 2 months of owning the game. Cosmetics like armor affects/haunted give me drive
I still remember when Bungie did an event during the Summer where you have to go on their site to unlock the blue flames effect.
I wouldn't mind to see this customization coming back cause "why not?". Personally, it's just a extra cosmetic for the players to use to add "personality" to their own spartan (and also yes, it looks pretty cool). Back in Halo 3, people wanted Recon armor and the flaming helmet because it's so rare to get and it just looks cool. Halo Reach expanded on the customization and had a whole lot more armor and a few more armor effects. A little disappointing to see that the only thing you can customize on your Spartan in Halo 5 was just the helmets and body armor (along with stances, assassinations, weapon skins, etc.). I hope 343 adds more customization features in Halo 6.
I would love to see the jetpack return. It was my favortie armore ability in Reach and Halo 4.
I feel this would be good with some armor mods. Some of them (Armor lock) just sucked and ruined gameplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11