Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 66
Give me a flaming helmet pack and Ill buy that for your $9.99.
Just another thing that smacks of BUNGIE so they ignore it , or shy away from it for fear of backlash. If they would just put things in as they should be and quit trying to make Halo , their Halo they wouldn't get so much hate.
I understand wanting to make something your own , but they should ask themselves "Did I choose to make Halo , because I wanted it to be mine , or did I choose to make it for the fans"? I mean , why would you join a 10 year old franchise if you wanted to make something new? Why choose to work on a beloved franchise with millions of fans just to crap on it's legacy and change what made the franchise great?
Armor affects could make a return, but If they do, they'd need buffs and all kinds of things to make them go along with warzone and arena. I'd love holograms and drop shields again, but Armor Lock has to stay gone. I'm sorry to say it but people spammed that.
Personally think that the game would become broken online with armour mods again

especially in warzone
yes you are right
Halo 6 has to have armor customization like halo reach. Literally look up hidden Xperia on YouTube he goes over everything halo 6 needs to be successful
It would be cool but, how would that work. what buttons do we press?
Halo reach is fun to play and also for hanging out with friends
Anileme wrote:
It would be cool but, how would that work. what buttons do we press?
I imagine you are referring to armor abilities, as armor effects were just cosmetic and either always on or triggered upon death, but it would be pretty cool to be able to trigger them on and off during the middle of a game. In that case, probably just the dpad.
I liked the armor effects, but they aren't needed.
I like to believe that those armor effects are what made halo reach unique to other halo games. I still often play reach with mates and every time I always find myself enjoying the game to its fullest. 343s variant of halo multiplayer are to be as realistic as possible; that sense, all games are called simulations where Spartans train themselves in live combat. Gimmicks like halo reaches flame helmet can't apply to halo 5s realistic live combat simulation.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
i agree
I played a lot of halo reach and I totally agree with. The armor effect especially the inclement weather effect was so cool. This would be so cool in halo 5. I think the reason its not in the game is because its not competitive multiplayer like. it would cause a distraction, etc
I surprised by the amount of people against armor effects. "they don't do anything" is one of the worst comments I've read as you could say that about a lot of features in halo, the armor customization, emblems, stances, assassinations...ect. Now i think they need to draw the line on somethings, too much armor customization is unnecessary IMO (i'm referring to reach). I like where its at now, and where it used to be in Halo 3, with just helmet and body armor customization. This makes me wonder if it was the grind that people hated? players are constantly complaining about things being to easy, or two difficult to achieve and its because of this type of feedback that prompts such difficulty. i personally loved getting my lightning armor affect, it was an accomplishment that not too many got in the long run and i would enjoy seeing the return of armor effects.
Ever since Halo Reach, 343 has failed to deliver when it comes to Spartan personalization, specially now with all the req system, booster pack opening, which is the only way (99%) you can get stuff to edit your character. Other than the Achilles armor, whatever other armor there is out there is just not worth it cause you get it randomly or paying real money for it.

Back to the topic of the original post, yes armor effects were awesome in my opinion and it meant a lot of time and dedication to get enough credits for them to be unlocked, though I don't think we'll see them in Halo 5, there's a lot to rescue from Bungies games; for example, I miss armor abilities (armor lock was my favorite).
I would like it if they came back
Ever since Halo Reach, 343 has failed to deliver when it comes to Spartan personalization, specially now with all the req system, booster pack opening, which is the only way (99%) you can get stuff to edit your character. Other than the Achilles armor, whatever other armor there is out there is just not worth it cause you get it randomly or paying real money for it.

Back to the topic of the original post, yes armor effects were awesome in my opinion and it meant a lot of time and dedication to get enough credits for them to be unlocked, though I don't think we'll see them in Halo 5, there's a lot to rescue from Bungies games; for example, I miss armor abilities (armor lock was my favorite).
I did love the amount of personalization Reach had. You could customize just about every armor piece, even have your shoulders different. I loved that. I really wished that they had that in Halo 5 just so I could make my bashing shoulder huge. But man, it was such a grind for some of those pieces. I would love if they combined the two. Where if you wanted something specific you could grind for it, but you would still get the packs for random unlocks.
I think having the armor effects back would be pretty cool. Even if it was just from your own perspective. Although I'd want them to come from some sort of achievement or something. Not a REQ pack.
343 made multiplayer lore starting with halo 4. So if they added amour effects they would have to give a lore reason for each and every one
Yess please we need more customization
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 66