Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 66
The armour effects were unique, however I don't think there is a high demand for them
I like armor effects but only when they're exclusive to employees or special people.....you know like people who won a contest or had all Halo achievements for all the games. It'd be nice to get excited when you see someone with flame head again because you know they're a VIP
I like armor effects but only when they're exclusive to employees or special people.....you know like people who won a contest or had all Halo achievements for all the games. It'd be nice to get excited when you see someone with flame head again because you know they're a VIP
I partially agree with this. I do think there should be some effects that are exclusive, but I also think there should be some that can be earned by all. Otherwise, what's the point?
i think, the armor effects aren´t good idea, because Halo 5 is a quickly game.
yessssssssss
If the Jet pack was in Halo 5, I'd definitely be known for only using that.
I always thought those things were annoying to see, and very unnecessarily expensive.
I liked them. I'm not at the point in Halo 5 where I could afford them but I think those people with millions of REQ points could use something to spend them on.
I think we can all agree Bungee is infinitely better than 343 and more than just wanting features of Reach back, we should just want Bungee back. Sadly, that won't be happening anytime soon, if ever. They say they have plans for halo for the next 30 years, maybe they can figure some things out by then.
I'd love to see flying hearts around my character *shrug*

On the armor abilities part, I think sprint should be more of a timed armor effect like in Reach than what it is now
Or even on a bumper like Halo 4, it just meant that it wasn't a prime element of the game.

Clamber and thrusters should be scrapped though.
I like with the flamehead back in halo 5 or 6
Halo 5 is too competitive to use arrmor effects in gameplay I think it's not a good idea use a flame/armor in your head to play for exmple SWAT or Snipers.
I remember when I saw an Inheritor or Reclaimer rocking that Inclement weather, and I knew that was a Spartan not to mess with. I would like to see them return, but not as REQ's, they should be only available through challenges
They should add them back. Easy to see and shoot flaming heads ;)
An armor effect that incorporates water such as the inclement weather rain would be epic. Just imagine whenever someone is slain a river of water pour out. Or perhaps a halo of rain around their head.
I'd like them in their own playlist, I think that would be fun and refreshing.
Halo 5 is too competitive to use arrmor effects in gameplay I think it's not a good idea use a flame/armor in your head to play for exmple SWAT or Snipers.
True. Too many COD try-hards are coming over to Halo and making multiplayer just not as fun as it could be. It get's too competitive, and every time they kill you after you destroyed them, they defile your corpse. It's kind of sad to see this type of multiplayer in the game.

And honestly, the people that choose to wear those effects, if they were to be added, would die on their own cause. It's not forced to wear them. People have the option, so it is their responsibility to enter a game and not cry because they wore the effect on a competitive game.

Another thing to note is if they didn't allow it in Ranked and only Social, it would make plenty of sense. I can see where this would only be mean't for Custom Games and stuff like that, but social isn't all about be competitive, it's just to have fun. You don't get noticed in it. Ranked is where the true skill should be shown.
The armour effects were unique, however I don't think there is a high demand for them. However if 343 brought them back I wouldn't turn them down.
Same here. I liked inclement weather.
Why did they take away regular slayer!? 😡😡😡😡
Hell yeah
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 66