Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 66
Why did they take away regular slayer!? 😡😡😡😡
they didn't
I don't have just regular slayer on my playlist in ranked arena
No armor effects for Halo 6, thank you. Armor lock ruined gameplay imo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Bueno a mi parecer creo los efectos de las armaduras solo eran trucos
It'd be awesome to have armor effects and death effects because with that much more customization everybody could make more machinimas, especially in RedvsBlue's case. And that could help return us to the older ways of Halo's greatness.
Armour effects have been helpful in the past and I would like to see some to return. As long as there is no Rock Paper Scissors effect cancelling the effects of others. Like a grenade lands in front of you, You activate armour lock then all of a sudden someone has an emp or stun. And your dead. Look it's ok if this doesn't happen
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
well I think they need to add it back
The armour customisation should be more like reach but with more options to choose from (e.g. knife position, pouches, armour details, etc.)
I never really payed attention to the armour effects I'm ok with it either way
I liked the flaming head armor effects in Halo Reach. But the effects were so ridiculously priced some people would have the original beginner armor, but have a 2,000,000 CR effect. I preferred the cool armor, so armor effects were always out of reach. Even though the multiplayer in Halo 5 is canon and "realistic" I think armor effects aren't that ridiculous. Like Celestis said, there are ridiculous looking pizza skins. Would it kill them to add even some basic subtle effects? Probably not, but I'd much prefer better armor, more color options, etc.
Could be used for cool screenshots again, so I'm on board with this.
I liked the flaming head armor effects in Halo Reach. But the effects were so ridiculously priced some people would have the original beginner armor, but have a 2,000,000 CR effect. I preferred the cool armor, so armor effects were always out of reach. Even though the multiplayer in Halo 5 is canon and "realistic" I think armor effects aren't that ridiculous. Like Celestis said, there are ridiculous looking pizza skins. Would it kill them to add even some basic subtle effects? Probably not, but I'd much prefer better armor, more color options, etc.
"Out of REACH"

Heh.

And yes, MP is canon. So if bad pizza and fry skins are canon, why not cool armor effects being a simulation options? There's a helmet that is simulation only.
"Out of REACH"

Heh.

And yes, MP is canon. So if bad pizza and fry skins are canon, why not cool armor effects being a simulation options? There's a helmet that is simulation only.
I just realized I made a pun, haha. NICE. The bottom line I guess is Halo 5 Mulitplayer is MULTIPLAYER. You can take it as serious or unserious as you want, but giving customization options to you're players is never a bad thing.
"Out of REACH"

Heh.

I just realized I made a pun, haha. NICE. The bottom line I guess is Halo 5 Mulitplayer is MULTIPLAYER. You can take it as serious or unserious as you want, but giving customization options to you're players is never a bad thing.
If only there was a way to turn the pizza skins off.

I cant take the game seriously when you allow a top secret super soldier to use pizza AR as a weapon in your top secret simulator
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?
No idea why people dislike these things. If you don't like them, don't use them! I think the feature should have stayed.
It could be cool. Maybe if they did some classic ones and then added their own.
The req system would take away from their worth because it's just random. But in halo 6 if they make them unlocks for really hard tasks that would be cool, it would feel great getting it and showing it off in matchmaking. Although I guess it wouldn't fit with the cannon but I think they should drop multiplayer cannon. No one cares!
I like the req sistems of halo 5 and i wish to stay in halo 6
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 66