Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 66
No armor effects for Halo 6, thank you. Armor lock ruined gameplay imo.
Wow, uh, you wanna rethink that statement just a little?

Armor Ability: Armor Lock, Drop Shield, Active Camo, Jetpack

Armor Effect: Flaming Helmet, Pestilence, Inclement Weather, Grunt Birthday Party

There is a difference.
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?
I think that bringing back armor effects is a good idea, i really loved hear the YAY after you get a headshot. I think that bringing them would be awesome!
Meh. It was just a cosmetic thing, had no affect on gameplay. I don't mind if it comes back, but some people don't want it to come back.
As long as it was like Reach's with only about like 5 of them I'm definitely fine with that, I remember them being cool but knowing now with how customization is going the system of that will probably be ruined as well...
You mean armor effects or armor habilities? Cuz effects like fire on the helmet, or the confetti thingy when you headshot, that I would love to see again. The armour habilities I don't see them necessary

Armor Effect: Flaming Helmet, Pestilence, Inclement Weather, Grunt Birthday Party

There is a difference.
It actually seems like a lot of people are making that mistake, myself included. I think that armor lock left such a bad taste in people's mouths that even a hint of it possibly returning triggers people.
The blue flames effect to unlock like how bungie did would be cool if 343 did something similar or able to win a customizable one such as altering the color and effects like lightning, flames or smoke.
armor mods were pointless, maybe as a power up they'd be cool but not as a load out for everybody
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Le top serait que les armures de reach soit tous disponibles dans les packs de réquisition rare ou légendaire.
While 'pointless' I did really enjoy the flaming helmets. I hope that they bring those back. Especially since nothing really is on fire in Halo anymore since Halo 3 it would give it a very unique visual appeal. The pestilence was also a cool touch for Infection game modes.
  1. If Halo 6 was going to return to a class based system like reach why not go into the armors themself? When your armor has a purpose in its design why not play off of it?... yes, yes ... we like a balanced halo but in theory the tint of your visor should effect gameplay. oh a black visor? if they brought flares back it would be the counter, oh you got a helmit like gungir ? well youll end up getting tunnel vision. anti air? hijacking or jet packs are more efficent...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    We already have what might as well be a loadout system in warzone, why not have a armor unlocked through commedations and not the wheel of req crap EVERY GAME IS USING? Most likely we wont ever see a return of reaches system, nor vehicles from the universe we have is used else where. IM TALKING ABOUT YOU WOLVERINE!!! instead of giving any options I feel the next game will be super linear in every aspect. No boss battles, no escape levels and more on rails cutsceens that doesnt let you get the satsfaction of killing an actual boss (wardens need not apply). Though whatever they have coming for us will need something better than the last few installments.
  2. BRING EVERYTHING BACK. FLARES. flame grenades, hornets, elephants, choppers, or any thing else from campaigns. okay nerf the pelican from 4 so it cant shoot unless a passenger is the one doing it and make the flight system have to be balanced with the joystics. Hell give us a mammoth tug of war where opposing teams are trying to keep a driver safe. just something to have fun with in forge.
  3. End of random, cumpulsive rant. feedback at your own peril.
  4. HELMET EFFECTS WOULD BE EPIC OR GETTING YOUR OWN RANDOM AI(S) LIKE DOT or something. bring back blood splatter and other things.
I agree!
i wound mind having grunt b-day play every time i die
  1. If Halo 6 was going to return to a class based system like reach why not go into the armors themself? When your armor has a purpose in its design why not play off of it?... yes, yes ... we like a balanced halo but in theory the tint of your visor should effect gameplay. oh a black visor? if they brought flares back it would be the counter, oh you got a helmit like gungir ? well youll end up getting tunnel vision. anti air? hijacking or jet packs are more efficent...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    We already have what might as well be a loadout system in warzone, why not have a armor unlocked through commedations and not the wheel of req crap EVERY GAME IS USING? Most likely we wont ever see a return of reaches system, nor vehicles from the universe we have is used else where. IM TALKING ABOUT YOU WOLVERINE!!! instead of giving any options I feel the next game will be super linear in every aspect. No boss battles, no escape levels and more on rails cutsceens that doesnt let you get the satsfaction of killing an actual boss (wardens need not apply). Though whatever they have coming for us will need something better than the last few installments.
  2. BRING EVERYTHING BACK. FLARES. flame grenades, hornets, elephants, choppers, or any thing else from campaigns. okay nerf the pelican from 4 so it cant shoot unless a passenger is the one doing it and make the flight system have to be balanced with the joystics. Hell give us a mammoth tug of war where opposing teams are trying to keep a driver safe. just something to have fun with in forge.
  4. HELMET EFFECTS WOULD BE EPIC OR GETTING YOUR OWN RANDOM AI(S) LIKE DOT or something. bring back blood splatter and other things.
The idea about the helmets is interesting, but some helmets will probably still be far more effective than others. Now, that's not to say I don't like the idea, but still.
I would love to see armor abilities again in Halo.
    Spoiler:
    Show
I like the idea about the Helmets/Visors. I like to read the little description they have for the various gear, and when ever I do I always think, wow, that would be pretty awesome if it were actually worked that way in the game
I think armor effects were amazing, I never had any in reach but i think it was what made halo reach a great game after the campaign. Having these effects also made others look cooler because of how you run around or lying around with hearts floating around or flies like your being degraded.
No there has already been too many things added especially in multiplayer, we don't need anything added.

There is a difference.
HAHAHAHAHA, good one. XD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 66