Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 66
They should add a game mode which has amour effects and has all the different game types in it
Maybe it is because Bungie (The makers of halo reach) trade marked it or something and so 343 can't put it into halo 5. Just a thought but id love to have them back
I love Reached and the armor effects
I like them a lot, sure they were not much but I've noticed some in machinimas and they made sense of whatever the machinima director wanted us to think what was happening to the character. Such as weather effect looked like the character was getting electrocuted or their suit getting over charged. Also some take screenshots with the armor effects. I wouldn't mind armor effects coming back.
I never really liked the armor effects but I do like the thought of thinking about adding them back in
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I liked that we had to earn the armor effects in Reach, but with the new budgets and effects in forge now I think armor effects would really break some maps that strain their budgets.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think it would be fun to have those armor effects again. But what if we also had something for vehicles? Extra skins for warthogs and ghosts as we pull them out in war zone would be pretty cool.
The people who support pizza and bright neon skins but then say that armor effects are "immersion breakers" are huge hypocrites. How is a negligible fx coming out of a spartans head less immersive than a bright, distracting or childish weapon camo, seriously!? I for one never saw armor effects are immersion breakers, they were just nifty little add ons that made your spartan a bit more unique. Plus whenever you saw someone with those effects you know that they grinded endlessly to get those (they werent cheap), they let others know how dedicated you were to the game if you had one (on top of all the badass armor found in Reach). Halo Waypoint clearly has a new school bias and its a shame, not because I in particular dislike "new halo" (which I do) but because most newer fans cant afford to get their feelings hurt or be objective about a topic, seriously dont understand how people can stand for these moronic camos but call for chaos when the idea of armor effects are discussed.
blue flames 😢
Chipmmunk wrote:
The people who support pizza and bright neon skins but then say that armor effects are "immersion breakers" are huge hypocrites. How is a negligible fx coming out of a spartans head less immersive than a bright, distracting or childish weapon camo, seriously!? I for one never saw armor effects are immersion breakers, they were just nifty little add ons that made your spartan a bit more unique. Plus whenever you saw someone with those effects you know that they grinded endlessly to get those (they werent cheap), they let others know how dedicated you were to the game if you had one (on top of all the badass armor found in Reach). Halo Waypoint clearly has a new school bias and its a shame, not because I in particular dislike "new halo" (which I do) but because most newer fans cant afford to get their feelings hurt or be objective about a topic, seriously dont understand how people can stand for these moronic camos but call for chaos when the idea of armor effects are discussed.
You, sir, are with the program. It is in no defense that armor effects are game breaking (seriousness) and pizza and neon skins are acceptable. They both shouldn't be in the game if you guys are going to critique Halo's multiplayer seriousness. These pieces of "evidence" they provide are inexplicably dubious, in the fact that it is just opinion and not fact. It's a matter of opinion. Stop trying to back up your sides with evidence unless it's just for a whole side. There is no in between such as to allow childish camos and armor effects.

IMO I think both should be allowed. Halo is just a fiction game. Why would you take anything other than ranked game modes (Swat, etc.) and take it realistically and seriously (EX: Infection, Action Sack.). Come on guys, Halo has been a fun and joyful game, why do these... new players... decide to come in and take like a COD tournament in all game modes?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

En lo personal pienso Que los Efectos estarían busque la verdad es ESE Tiempo yo me Divertia Bastante Con Los Efectos mas con el de los corazones de Como era de jugar y dar amor al Mismo Tiempo en El que Morias De Una forma divertida
Ya los Efectos de bloqueo eso si no me gustaba se me Hacia lago sin sentido Porque No te movías y Estabas Expuesto una Granadas al quitarse el bloqueo
Mejor un sobreescudo y Te Puedes motor
Y es mas Difícil que te maten
A Menos Que te hagan Una Ninja o te peguen por la espalda
I mean they were pretty fun but in the end they were pretty useless.
Armor effect are so cool please add them back!
i love them
No, no more armor effects. No for this halo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Para la empresa espartano que necesitamos la condecorraion de asalto en la arena, ya que no dejan siempre que lo ponen aparte favor
And if it would be good effects like those of reach
Armor effects were a waste of perfect game space. They should add more armor customizations.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 66