Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 66
I have all the armor effects on my old account. I don't play 5 on it because of the fact I don't want to XD

But really apart from show they suck - unless it's a post death effect. Most of them give away your position - or that of your team mates. In raids they also give away your position. Trust me having lightning surrounding your armor is like gods gift to scoping snipers.
That would be a nice idea, but...
NO ARMOR LOCK!!!!
Jetpack : Is Very good!!!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wouldnt real mind, just another thing to work towards.
Never liked them.
Just another particle effect that dont do anything.
Did the armor do anything? It's all only cosmetics.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
I agree, I'm not opposed to things like armor effects coming back. I especially agree with the white doodles on the armor. I'm all about customizing my armors look, I've always loved that. Many of the preloaded designs just don't make sense to me (particularly with their names), and there are so many I find I don't change my armor around, or have as much of a draw to get new armors. The weapons are more appealing to me right now for that reason, they're easier to understand visually (though not all skins are sought after, i.e. pizza skins).
Not bad idea
My opinion on armor affects was I liked them and personley I always found it satisfying every time you killed someone with a headshot you would hear the odd birthday cheer from grunt bday party and I liked the inclement weather because it showed you played a lot and it was just cool to look at
the truster pack should stay in halo 6, but it needs to be changed a little, and no spartan charge in halo 6.
Cool idea...
I want customization also, going a step further mix and match individual pieces would be nice...not simple mix and match, something in depth so you can really create something unique....also a wider variety of textures and colors (ie metallics and chrome colors) for armor personalization....

Would be awesome to create your own armor in forge also. Logos would be nice to have as well.

Armor effects were a novelty, and uniquely halo...they should have made it to halo 5 no questions asked, like splitscreen...
we should definitely have flaming helmets, im a big fan of it as you can tell by my name
I loved the armour effects, I wish something similar was in the newer halos,
I still wanna be able to change shoulders separately from chest tbh
Never liked them.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
DUDE^^^^^ Halo 5 is the best mechanically,the spartan abilitys are amazing! IF 343 would inroduce map packs for multi player itd be almost perfect. Minus connection issues!Armor effects....if u wan to play dressup go to the avatar store {No disrespect intended }
I agree they should make a return. They really added a entirely new level of depth and complexity to the gameplay.
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?

EDIT:
REMINDER:
Armor Effects are customization options. (i.e Grunt Birthday Party, Hearts, Inclement Weather.)
Not Armor Abilities. (i.e Armor Lock, Jetpack, Evade.)
Like it! I would like to have an effect on my armor. Not a big thing or anything just a little effect to look even seier than we Spartans already look! ;D
Never liked them.
DUDE^^^^^ Halo 5 is the best mechanically,the spartan abilitys are amazing! IF 343 would inroduce map packs for multi player itd be almost perfect. Minus connection issues!Armor effects....if u wan to play dressup go to the avatar store {No disrespect intended }
Well I just checked your service record and you never even played reach Dow you wouldn't really understand why we want them so if you want to say things like that make sure you have played the games before halo 5 and then you will understand why people liked them and the spartan abilities in halo 5 aren't even abilities they are default there fore they aren't armor abilities armor abilities are things like Jetpack,active camo,evade and etc so please come to a discussion with more evidence to back up your opinion ok (No hard feelings) Plus map packs are promoting micro transactions and we don't want 343 turning into activisn now do we buy able req packs are enough but maps should just be for free
Armor effects are cool
💯💯💯💯💯💯
Pi3 wrote:
Never liked them.
I don't care much for reach, but the cosmetic stuff for our characters were awesome! So much that I wasted most of 8th to 9th grade to reach inheritor, 1yr and 2 months of owning the game. Cosmetics like armor affects/haunted give me drive
💯💯💯💯💯💯
KaleBoi47 wrote:
That would be a nice idea, but...
NO ARMOR LOCK!!!!
Jetpack : Is Very good!!!
Armor Effects & Armor Abilities are 2 different things.

1) Active Camouflage, Armor Lock, Drop Shield, Evade, Hologram, Jet Pack, Sprint, Promethean Vision, Autosentry, Regeneration Field, Hardlight Shield, Thruster Pack are Armor Abilities.

2) Birthday Party, Heart Attack, Pestilence, Inclement Weather, Legendary & Eternal are Armor Effects.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 66