Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 51
  4. 52
  5. 53
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. ...
  9. 66
I'm glad that we've left those behind, so no.
I loved the inclement weather one!
That would be cool if they added that
agree, no way... need new ones
I thought some of the armour effects were pretty cool, the flaming helmet being my personal favourite. But, id quite like to see a version of these which is in reverse, eg the birthday party effect means anyone you land a head shot on bursts into confetti. Or reversed again so when people head shot you they're left with a burst of confetti.
But with all that said, if 343 offers us armour effects, I'm not gonna turn them down.
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?

EDIT:
REMINDER:
Armor Effects are customization options. (i.e Grunt Birthday Party, Hearts, Inclement Weather.)
Not Armor Abilities. (i.e Armor Lock, Jetpack, Evade.)
I agree, the req pack system to unlock armor by chance rather than choice, also the effects were cool and would love to have them back!
Would love to have my inclement weather back for my spartan.
I didn't mind them back in Reach but I really think it's pointless with the Spartan Abilities already in the mix.
Everyone liked reaches customization the most and armour effects is part of the reason the more you can do to your Spartan the better whether people find it pointless or not you have more customization options and that's what people want but 343 just sucks at making games.
They does not have to be a necessity, they never were in Reach. They were just an add on to the customisation, the editing of Spartans in Halo 5 is okay but we cant choose individual pieces of armour like its predecessors. I think if we could choose separate variations of armor and added armour effects, people would appreciate customisation a whole lot more.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I mean.........its a good idea, if the multiplayer wasn't canon.
I want firefight voices back! To have Buck or Johnson saying funny 1 liners while I mop up the Covenant, ah the glory days.
It would be cool to get the HAUNTED HELMET in the inheritor sr 152 pack. Come on 343i!
Be nice for a custom made one or tiles to make your own
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
no way....have you tried playing reach lately? it feels like a brick...and ill never forgive armor-lock
Yaaaay. ¤
I like the hologram on halo reach i think they should put it in halo 5 or halo 6
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 51
  4. 52
  5. 53
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. ...
  9. 66