Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 52
  4. 53
  5. 54
  6. 55
  7. 56
  8. ...
  9. 66
I'm not to big on the old armor abilities but with the new type with the active camo, speed boost, overshield and damage boost I don't really use them. form me I kind like halo reach as it had your jetpacks and active camo and ect. that was the best thing with these power ups they had there time limit as with halo 5 these abilities can last forever like the sprint. as if you played reach the sprint was valued and was only used when you needed it. with the aim hover that has added a few advantages. what im trying to say is I want the boost backs but still have there infant useage as it was a great new way to play. The one thing would be keep the sprint as it helps with certain maps so they will be missed as i bet they won't give you bungie halo but 343 halo as those types of halo would mean 343 would have to devolve in there new game style for their play style.
CBngVegas wrote:
no way....have you tried playing reach lately? it feels like a brick...and ill never forgive armor-lock
Is this about armor abilities? If so, try reading ALL of my original post.
I like the hologram on halo reach i think they should put it in halo 5 or halo 6
This topic is about armor effects. You speak of an armor ability. Try reading ALL of my original post.
Jediboy007 wrote:
I'm not to big on the old armor abilities but with the new type with the active camo, speed boost, overshield and damage boost I don't really use them. form me I kind like halo reach as it had your jetpacks and active camo and ect. that was the best thing with these power ups they had there time limit as with halo 5 these abilities can last forever like the sprint. as if you played reach the sprint was valued and was only used when you needed it. with the aim hover that has added a few advantages. what im trying to say is I want the boost backs but still have there infant useage as it was a great new way to play. The one thing would be keep the sprint as it helps with certain maps so they will be missed as i bet they won't give you bungie halo but 343 halo as those types of halo would mean 343 would have to devolve in there new game style for their play style.
Umm... please read ALL of the original post. Please refrain from talking about armor abilities. This topic is about armor effects. I even edited the original post to mention that.
Jediboy007 wrote:
once again, we're talking about armour EFFECTS, not abilities. easy mistake to make! :)
wouldnt rly care to see them again
I think thats armor affects wouldn't really fit ONLY BECAUSE that we technically have them already and it could give the enemy team an unfair advantage because they see someone with incelment weather with a regular sniper only to find woops, its a nornfang, i guess i should take them out.
CBngVegas wrote:
no way....have you tried playing reach lately? it feels like a brick...and ill never forgive armor-lock
Is this about armor abilities? If so, try reading ALL of my original post.
I like the hologram on halo reach i think they should put it in halo 5 or halo 6
This topic is about armor effects. You speak of an armor ability. Try reading ALL of my original post.
upon re-reading your post i would like to redact my previous statement. that being said, as fun as it was to have birthday party head shots and the like. one could only really call that a gimmick at best. there are a truckload of armor, weapon, emblem, and other customization options in 5; i fail to see how the lack of a thunderbolt animation could be so dissappointing.
it would be cool to have them. Using them in casual social playlists is fun, but in ranked playlist is disadvantageous since sometimes these abilities makes it easier for the enemy to find/see you.
Certain armor effects made it easier to be seen. The death effects like grunt birthday party were pretty harmless and fun. If they didn't interfere with the gameplay, it would be awesome to see them make a comeback.
Hell yeah I love those
It would be dope if they brought armor abilities back
no, just no

no
Why mate
I liked armor abilities they were helpful
This man understands
TBH I think armour effects are just gimmicks.
What do you mean gimmicks?
Unyion wrote:
Certain armor effects made it easier to be seen. The death effects like grunt birthday party were pretty harmless and fun. If they didn't interfere with the gameplay, it would be awesome to see them make a comeback.
I think they meant the abilities like armor lock and evade and stuff
I think they'll be a bit distracting but cool non the less, but, the effects should not work in ranked arena.
I think that they looked good in reach but I don't think they should come back
I think it would be great! Customization of Armor could be limitless, that way your Spartan could be truly yours. Then lets say we have customization contest like they do in Forza? This could go global, maybe even your very own customizable action figurine? C'mon I would buy it and put it on my desk at work. You guys and gals need to lighten up and see where this is could go. I mean the combinations could be limitless, we could truly look like a bunch of Skittles on the battlefield.
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?

EDIT:
REMINDER:
Armor Effects are customization options. (i.e Grunt Birthday Party, Hearts, Inclement Weather.)
Not Armor Abilities. (i.e Armor Lock, Jetpack, Evade.)
I like this!
Never really used them. Because I started playing online stuff right before halo 5 came out but I did play halo reachs multiplayer a lot so I do know about it and I would like to use them in halo 5 or at least future halos
Armor mods, colors for the mods. Not to mention, different colors for the visors would be pretty cool as well.
Never really liked them, the only reason to get one was to show how much credits you spent to have what looked like a pokemon filter.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 52
  4. 53
  5. 54
  6. 55
  7. 56
  8. ...
  9. 66