Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 66
I think 343 Industries could come up with some creative new ones. Maybe multi-color flame options, where they can be any color? Maybe some unique ones for special members in the community/on Waypoint Forums.

Other unique ones could be how players die, do they explode or do they just pop like the hearts and birthday party, or how to make them more unique. Personally, I think a cool armor effect would be if you died, you would twirl and explode in the air like using a propane tank in Halo 3/Halo: Reach. Maybe some Forerunner effects? Incinerating like when killed by Forerunner weapons, maybe warping away. Or of course the classics, such as the flaming skull, birthday party, pestilence, lightning effect, ect.

Maybe just the effects that the Mythic weapons had, such as Nornfang's red damage aura. That technically is a canon effect, if players are arguing that Matchmaking is canon. All the more reasons to come up with unique player customization/effects. :)
I'd love to see them bring them back
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It would be nice to have armour effects. i never got to buy one and all my friends had at least one. if they do something like the legendary REQ pack or the sticker skin pack, that would be cool. But not have them as high prices like 50000 REQ points, have them at around 7500 REQ points.
It would be awesome like having your helmet have smoke in the back of it while electricity comes out of the helmet like the helmets busted
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?

EDIT:
REMINDER:
Armor Effects are customization options. (i.e Grunt Birthday Party, Hearts, Inclement Weather.)
Not Armor Abilities. (i.e Armor Lock, Jetpack, Evade.)
i miss em they added a nice bit of flavor to the traditional armor especially that birthday party effect
I feel this would be good with some armor mods. Some of them (Armor lock) just sucked and ruined gameplay.
Armor lock was good to have as long as everyone wasn't spamming it, I mean like it was the only real way you could prevent getting ghost splattered without having a power weapon.
Never liked them.
Just another particle effect that dont do anything.
Did the armor do anything? It's all only cosmetics.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
My thoughts exactly. I feel like the whole gaming industry has created this division in a lot of franchises, making a lot of my friends and I not as willing to spend as much time online like we used to. It's not just Halo; I can't even get on a GOW4 playlist without feeling like I have to search for a group to have a fun or successful time. If anything, they could just make the armor effects available in Halo 5 in only certain "casual" playlists while more serious players can go into their ranked/competitive/serious/whatever it is that people who don't like the effects desire. Rather than tailoring to a certain type of player base, why not have different facets of the game for different styles of play? That's what made Halo fun in the first place.
Halo 5 is what Halo should be... forget loadout abilities I like how they made it a little new with the sprint, boost, charge, and ground pound with us battling for power ups. I love Halo 5 I just don't like all the lames trying to delevel boost accounts to help there buddy's get to a status they didn't earn the hard way. Matchmaking punishes you for running solo by pairing u with these -Yoink- bags and they punish you for squading up becuz if you notice you never get a team of 4 that's your skill level.
Bring back the stink and flies flying around the armor. Then some cloud and storms or lighting for another one..
I loved Halo: Reach when it bought it and started playing for the first time. I saw all these amazing features. I just loved how you could make your own combination of armor from helmet to shoulders to torso. I liked the armor effects as well. They were just the coolest thing to me. So the question is: Why can't a feature like this be in Halo 5? Do they not like it, or is it just because of some other reason? Was it hated by many players and 343 decided not to add it? Many questions lay in my mind about this. I don't know about you guys, but Maaaaaaan... do I want a sick skull, birthday party, or inclement weather effects on my Halo 5 set.

How do you feel of this topic friends?

EDIT:
REMINDER:
Armor Effects are customization options. (i.e Grunt Birthday Party, Hearts, Inclement Weather.)
Not Armor Abilities. (i.e Armor Lock, Jetpack, Evade.)
I totally agree.
Armor effects always had a place in halo. It should return in halo 6, it shows other players the skill/time spent in game and it has always created a sense of acheivement to the user.
I love this idea of going back to reach topics.
wasn't a fan
I loved my birthday effect, I would love to see them make a comeback with even more effects.
Love it man
only in warzone/ social playlists. leave the goofy stuff out of ranked sweaty kids playlists.
I love the idea... if it is unlocked through gameplay.
If these things just become mythic cards in REQ packs I am totally uninterested.
Personally I would love armor effects being added maybe in future halo games, it would really bring good memories from the reach days!! However it will also be good cause at the moment halo 5's customization options aren't that good compared to other halo games at least it will make it better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 66