Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 66
I was a fan of those as well. I had the heart attack effect ... looked forward to getting the inclement weather effect. I'm guessing Halo 5 is not in the same league as Halo Reach . It's "good" for it
I really like Multiplayer being canonical with the universe, as long as the effects aren't just goofy and are described as glitches in wargame sim. I'm ok with it but I'm not going to say its crucial for the future title, I'm more interested in having 343 find ways to make the future game more canon while still having support for their esport teams (Those esport skins really frustrate me.)
all they did in reach was say you knew how to save your munnies.
but i mean inclement weather was pretty bad -Yoink- lol
Celestis wrote:
Well, since 343, the multiplayer is canon now. So no more armor effects, as they are not realistic. Only pizza skins. /s
Does that mean teabaggin is canon also?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Celestis wrote:
Well, since 343, the multiplayer is canon now. So no more armor effects, as they are not realistic. Only pizza skins. /s
I see somebody watched RonyBoneys latest video...^^
I miss armor effects a lot! I personally appreciate a return of full customization (with good suit and armors) + effects.
About the armor mods, i like how Halo 5 managed the abilities. Though, i think the game should be "slower", maybe with thruster but no running abilities.
The armor effects from halo reach were quite fun, My favorites were the armor lock, drop shield and active camo. I would love to see those return.
how long are the halo reach helmets back for?
It might have been a Bungie thing.
Celestis wrote:
Celestis wrote:
I see somebody watched RonyBoneys latest video...
Lmfao.. tea baggin IS CANNON until they start reporting you!! =( *sigh*)
Just less random effects that doesn't matter
Definitely. Halo Reach is my favorite Halo game so far.
Spoiler:
Show
I would definitely be down, I remember the Eternal effect, that blue flaming head. Oh man I miss that.
Omot Initt wrote:
I've read through most of this thread and I'd personally love too see Armor effects make a return. But, I do agree that it should have the ability to be seen or not seen by other player's too keep everyone happy. My only problem is if they released these effects they'd either be paid for or get thrown into the already massive req pool. :(
Saying all this Halo Reach is my favorite and I wish the multiplayer style would return
If released in Halo 5, or maybe 6, hopefully there is a REQ pack for them like the Voices of War, except you can buy it with REQ points.
If anything I'd prefer them to be thrown into the (already massive) REQ pool. While the RNG is annoying, I prefer not to pay for cosmetics. But, I do love the armour effects from Reach. It took me so long to grind 2M cr. So, when i go back and play my beloved Reach and get too see my Inclement Weather it reminds me of my dedication and sheer love for that game.
I love them but they would quite fit in the game they would be fun though they would maybe alter the competitiveness a bit much.
Character customization is a nice feature to have just wish they would have let the player do more with their spartan customization in halo 5
I find its stupid people who say that the rebdrives the game moin competifife because it is possible to activate the effect (BUT ALSO DISABLE it) so people who do not like them might just not put them on. There should be a vote of the people who wish and the others
YES 343 should make it so you can add different attachments just like in halo reach, because who doesnt like halo reach.
EDIT: Read the OP wrong... armor effects would be alright, but I'd rather them focus on maps. gameplay, etc. before worrying about armor effects. They were just little gimmicks to grind points to unlock, nothing more.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 66