Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Armor Effects Like Halo: Reach?

OP FastMrFreeman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 66
Maybe, sounds good, maybe they can make a playlist whit that
Never liked them.
Just another particle effect that dont do anything.
Did the armor do anything? It's all only cosmetics.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
dude i couldn't agree more. especially on halo reach being the last great halo. i mean halo 5s multiplayer is pretty good but the campaign is complete -Yoink-.
Never liked them.
Dude face it the majority of people on Halo Waypoint these days are anti-classic Halo/Reach. I am not one of these people as I saw Reach as the last great Halo game. I loved the Forge, the multiplayer, the abilities, yes even the loadouts. I also really enjoy the armor effects, I find the flaming helmets to be the best, but not exactly the easiest to get a hold of. I've missed the Halo titles that used to be all around fun. All I see now is either all casual, or all competitive, that's not good either way. The lesser of the two evils though is definately all casual, as you can play a casual game competitively, but you can't play a competitive game casually. But yeah I wouldn't mind if Armor effects came back, hell I'd welcome them back with open arms, they couldn't be worse than the white bird doodie on my armor skins.
dude i couldn't agree more. especially on halo reach being the last great halo. i mean halo 5s multiplayer is pretty good but the campaign is complete -Yoink-.
Eh, if I had to rate Halo 5's multiplayer as a Halo game on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 4. I'd give Reach a 7. The reason being, Reach is a casual game for the most part, casual games CAN be played competitively if the player desires. Halo 5 is a Competitive game for the most part, a Competitve game cannot be played casually. That's where the problem lies. Casual Halo is ok as it can allow for competitive players to play their way, but Competitive Halo destroys half the community, the casuals, who just wanna have fun and mess around like the good old days. Back when you could go into a match of slayer, find an out of map spot and convince both teams to wave the truce flag and work together to reach it.
Nose q vergas se ase aqui pero suscribete en mi canal 👉( LUREAS16 )porfabor ayudenmeminus militia
Nose q vergas se ase aqui pero suscribete en mi canal 👉( LUREAS16 )porfabor ayudenmeminus militia
Spanish Translation- I do not know what the d*** are doing here but subscribe to my channel 👉 (LUREAS16) for help in their militia.

Please Be Aware that Self promoting your Channel isn't aloud on the Forums, and Don't be Off-topic

*Edited*
Spanish- Por favor, tenga en cuenta que la auto promoción no está en voz alta en los foros, y por favor no sea fuera de tema
They ruined Grunt Birthday Party for me.

I think they're stupid looking and completely out of place. And I don't want to see them return.
I think it would be cool
thanks emperor nova01
i think reach was the best halo game, and the armour effects were fun, i wish they got it back.
Good idea but 343 would probably make it cost about 1 trillion req points or $10
After thinking about it, I'm sure it'd be ok for custom games, but I'm not so sure about the other stuff.
i got to say halo wars 1 and halo3 were good but halo reach is my second fav
TBH I think armour effects are just gimmicks.
It was an armor customization item that some people really enjoyed I don't see what's gimmicky. My problem stems from that 343 royally screwed customization in the game, especially with reqs. Most of the free content has just been more reqs to bloat the system.
Never liked them.
Eh, if I had to rate Halo 5's multiplayer as a Halo game on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 4. I'd give Reach a 7. The reason being, Reach is a casual game for the most part, casual games CAN be played competitively if the player desires. Halo 5 is a Competitive game for the most part, a Competitve game cannot be played casually. That's where the problem lies. Casual Halo is ok as it can allow for competitive players to play their way, but Competitive Halo destroys half the community, the casuals, who just wanna have fun and mess around like the good old days. Back when you could go into a match of slayer, find an out of map spot and convince both teams to wave the truce flag and work together to reach it.
Halo 3 social? Halo 3 social anyone?
Maybe if people are more against armor effects, then with the different visors the game offers, the HUD changes colour/shade slightly depending on the visor, obviously not enough that things become un-seeable, but kind of similar to how in the campaign the different team members had different coloured reticules, maybe even different shield bar's across the top? they could be more creative with that i feel as long as it does not stray too far away from the base design so that it becomes distracting or obstructive to gameplay, just subtle and sweet
TBH I think armour effects are just gimmicks.
Never liked them.
I personally think that Reach was the worst multiplayer, and Halo 4 and 5 are just trying to come back form how bad reach was. In my opinion, Halo 3 had the best multiplayer out of all the games, and it really hasn't been the same since. The armor abilities really made the game less competitive but at the same time, harder for a newcomer to get into. Halo 4 tried to make the multiplayer easier for newcomers, which ended up making it far less competitive. Halo 5 seemed to have a knee jerk reaction to the the reaction and focused more on being competitive. Halo 3 just had the perfect mix. Honestly, if it wasn't for Forge and the Forge World map, Halo probably would have died with Reach.
Never liked them.
I personally think that Reach was the worst multiplayer, and Halo 4 and 5 are just trying to come back form how bad reach was. In my opinion, Halo 3 had the best multiplayer out of all the games, and it really hasn't been the same since. The armor abilities really made the game less competitive but at the same time, harder for a newcomer to get into. Halo 4 tried to make the multiplayer easier for newcomers, which ended up making it far less competitive. Halo 5 seemed to have a knee jerk reaction to the the reaction and focused more on being competitive. Halo 3 just had the perfect mix. Honestly, if it wasn't for Forge and the Forge World map, Halo probably would have died with Reach.
I'd rather Halo died with Reach tbh.
BirchElite wrote:
Maybe if people are more against armor effects, then with the different visors the game offers, the HUD changes colour/shade slightly depending on the visor, obviously not enough that things become un-seeable, but kind of similar to how in the campaign the different team members had different coloured reticules, maybe even different shield bar's across the top? they could be more creative with that i feel as long as it does not stray too far away from the base design so that it becomes distracting or obstructive to gameplay, just subtle and sweet
Honestly, armor effects SHOULD come back for the people who want them, the people who don't, don't have to use them, simple as that.
armor effects were a gimmic nothing more than that
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 66