[Locked] Armor: Quantity vs Quality

OP IEpic IMurph

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Quote:
Why not have both? I'd love a huge amount of quality customization. There should also be an emblem creator on there to. Wah wah Call of Duty I don't care, It'd be nice to create emblems of our own.
The only problem I'd have with that is when I start seeing genitals all over people's player cards...

Those systems are easily abused.
They should let us choose some old armours to,
Let us be a Mark 1 ,2 ,3, EVO etc.. It's Multiplayer let us choose some from
the books and Unsc history.

I hope 343 fixes their Sporty armours..
and put some juice of these back in the game.

suit1
suit 1.5
suit2
suit3
suit4suits

The one missing ingredient 343 didn't use..

*Density*

Many of the Infinity suits just had some armour put on there while with the previous halo games it formed more of a suit ( a genuine mjölnir suit). Halo 4 lacked it, and it needs to be fixed.
Reach proved that we can have both.

So i will vote for both.
One of the biggest problems I had with the Halo 4 armor is that none of the arm or leg armor options had a Halo feel to them, with the exception of Mk VI. This is disappointing because how can I feel like my spartan is strong and powerful if he has power ranger legs. The problem with Halo 4's armors is that they look like they have no purpose to them, and how am I supposed to believe that the military would ever use something that looks the way Halo 4 armor looks.
Finally! I have met another person who prefers Halo 3 armor over Reach!
Quote:
Quote:
Why not have both? I'd love a huge amount of quality customization. There should also be an emblem creator on there to. Wah wah Call of Duty I don't care, It'd be nice to create emblems of our own.
The only problem I'd have with that is when I start seeing genitals all over people's player cards...

Those systems are easily abused.
By limiting creative freedom due to the actions of a few stupid people, you're letting them win. Report buttons are around for a reason. Also, is it that hard to not get offended by a picture? Especially in a game that's rated M and revolves around killing. Personally, I'm all for a CoD-style emblem creator. If I don't like someone's emblem, I can ignore it or report it. Simple.
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
I think that armor should be limited to:
Helmet
Visor
Shoulders
Chest
The other parts like the wrists would never be noticed. Whenever I'm looking at another player, I hardly ever notice a difference in the legs or arms. It's always the helmet, visor, shoulders, and chest.
Why not both?
*Mexican music plays*
/meme

Seriously though, Reach has shown us that both is possible.
I'm going to play the devils advocate here, GEN2's aesthetic direction is nowhere surprising. Covenant and Forerunner tech based armor would look increasingly odd.

However that doesn't say whether or not I like a tone of them, it's just the core science of research and development.

Add to that Bungie didn't spend that much time giving MJOLNIR an expansive back story.

I want there to be full descriptions of each piece of armor. The Xbox One is capable of storing that much documentation lol...

Please tell us what Warrior replaces shields for, if it isn't just ease of access.

Please explain what advantages each visor would have for CANONICAL reasons.

Please make hardware status lights optional, they aren't always great looking especially on rugged patterns.
Something that I would love to see is Armor that's unlocked for play style or doing certain things. Like if you die alot by explosions you unlock the robotic arm or if you use active camo alot you unlock some kind of stealth armor and what not.
I agree completely! The armour selection in Reach was so very well organized and easy to navigate, and it felt smooth to work with. In Halo 4, all you have are overlong lists that take forever to go through, and it isn't organized in any meaningful way. Having all of the to-be-unlocked armours at the bottom is highly annoying, since you have to shift through the whole list of armours just to check out what you'll be unlocking soon, or the requirements for certain pieces.

In Halo Reach, if I want to see a subset of Air Assault armour, I just go to Air Assault, and it gives me the options. If I want to see an alternate skin for Air Assault in Halo 4, I have to go through everything, and while holding down the thumbstick, I'll undoubtedly accidentally pass by the alternate skin, then have to slowly scroll back up in order to not miss it. It's long and annoying.
[/quote]You do know there's a right trigger/left trigger purpose for the menus, right?
QUALITY!!!!!!!!

What's the point in having 40 helmet variants when I can only wear one at a time?!

Major components of your armour should be prestigious eg. Helmet or a cape, unlocked through hard achievements, high ranks and commendations (which I think needs reorganising).

Once unlocked a major armour piece, it should be "relatively" easy to further customise it through minor/smaller details.

DETAILS 343!

DETAILS!!!

Major armour components: should be around 15 - 20 perhaps 20 so that classic armours are more guaranteed to be included (such as Mark V, ODST, Scout, CQB?, etc.) and allowing 343 to include the best recent ones (Commando?) and a couple of completely new ones.

Then once unlocked a helmet customisations could include (but not include visor colour): Attachments, colour detail, emblem placement, battle damage, base variations? such as EOD with variation to its actual base, or ODSt with its variations.

343 just need to think outside the box with armour customisation.
Can we not just implement the current Halo 4 and Halo Reach armor and call it a day? Though I prefer quality, the last thing I want is 343 dropping the armor we already have and redesigning only a select few pieces. We have the templates for all the armor, its just a case of implementing them into the next title. Then we will have a mix of both quality and quantity. TBH I don't think any more armor needs to be added though it would be cool to see more DLC armor sets.
Quote:
I get the appeal, but it's not for me personally for a few reasons...

1) It's a game element with limited appeal; I'd rather see the developers focus on the game itself instead of things I wouldn't use. But that's just me, of course, and not meant to speak for others (though I'm sure they're out there)

2) Bandwidth concerns. Each custom emblem needs to be rendered in-game. Each custom rendering means local caching or some other trick to make it work relatively smoothly, something that will eventually eat into game performance.

3) As stated prior, the abuse of the customizations. The old Halo 3 Grenade/faded background stripe was funny happenstance, but this opens the door to all kinds of inappropriate stuff. Yes, you can report it, but then you're putting a strain on the moderators, and lets face it, I don't think a fraction of all complaints submitted via XBL get actioned.

All in all, I don't think it's worth it.
I definitely prefer quality. However, next gen should allow some room for a large quantity of high quality customizable pieces. Just take a look at what Bungie is doing with Destiny. The small amount of customizable features they've shown thus far is astounding! Customized armor in Destiny has amazingly intricate detail. I can't see why Halo should be any different on Xbox One!
What do you think now that halo 5 is out?
I want Reach customization back. #best customization.
Dexxa6 wrote:
What do you think now that halo 5 is out?
I think that bumping a 2 year-old thread is probably less great of an idea than posting in one of the many more recent armour threads.
I want Reach customization back. #best customization.
Please do not bring back old topics from the dead. thy ReaperMC I've seen you online not long ago, can you please lock this thread?!
Armor that is functional in looks best on spartans
Shoot if they brought back an updated version of Master chiefs original concept art or even parts of it you cant say they wouldn't look good.
This inherently makes the Quality High for armors but makes the Quantity low
If we just keep a over bloated number of armor choices we end up with things like this monstrosity.

*edit
whoever brought this back from the dead why?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3