Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Armor Variants Being Useful in Warzone

OP Pit Viper XP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Here's what I propose, 343i has made a little description of every armor set that is in the game. So why not use those variants as an addition to Warzone? Think about it... the possibilities are now endless. Say you wanted to work on quick scoping or nadeshots, some of those armors have descriptions like that. So I suggest that the armor set you choose before the game, depends on what extra abilities you can use as an advantage over the other team. Nothing OP of course but just enough to give your Spartan an edge. I think those with all the armor sets should get rewarded for all their progress made in the game.
You are already rewarded through progress.

Play time or paying for req packs shouldn't give you an "edge" at that level of play. Plus with how many sets there are, you're talking A TON of balancing. That will over complicate an already fairly complex req system.
Mk 4 would be a death sentence lol. Canonically it didnt even have shields.
I say no. Cosmetics should never have an added effect in game. Imagine if one of the armors gave you an extra grenade on spawn, or made it harder to destroy vehicles, or gave you some extra aim assist on your weapons. What do you think would happen in that scenario? I think everyone would flock to certain armors because it gives a specific ability and not choose their armor based on what they would want their spartan to look like.
Good thought but not practical in implementing the idea IMO
This
Achilles Helmet: Enemy spawn points are highlighted for easier farm.
No thanks. I don't want to run around with armor that look like garbage.
Here's what I propose, 343i has made a little description of every armor set that is in the game. So why not use those variants as an addition to Warzone? Think about it... the possibilities are now endless. Say you wanted to work on quick scoping or nadeshots, some of those armors have descriptions like that. So I suggest that the armor set you choose before the game, depends on what extra abilities you can use as an advantage over the other team. Nothing OP of course but just enough to give your Spartan an edge. I think those with all the armor sets should get rewarded for all their progress made in the game.
No. This is my only complaint about games like skyrim and fallout. You might find an armor set you really like, but its stats make it useless. It makes sense in that game. Leave it out of this one please. I hate being forced to wear a certain armor in order to be able to play the game fairly.
Although it would be handy if the big -Yoinking!- shield plate on Jorge's shoulder actually provided additional protecton.
Really? I mean like, people know that it was the first TRUE variant. But think about it: using a nice looking armour with the biggest flaw, not having shields
Achilles Helmet: Enemy spawn points are highlighted for easier farm.
With varying distances for each piece
Nonononononononono, while I do think the HUD should be different, the armors shouldn't have a special ability. If I like to snipe I shouldn't have to wear recon or scout armor to snipe well. I like my Helioskrill and Mark IV helmet (Helioskrill would be more movement speed and lunge distance with the sword?)
I personally would love this idea it would actually make it a bit more realistic which is always a good thing.
The idea is realistic but I would hate it in Halo multiplayer. I want to wear the armor that I like by looks.
But it could work out pretty nice for a campaign like Reach had with your own Spartan.
Vexacron wrote:
This
Nobody likes a little challenge nowadays... typical humans...
IceSki117 wrote:
I say no. Cosmetics should never have an added effect in game. Imagine if one of the armors gave you an extra grenade on spawn, or made it harder to destroy vehicles, or gave you some extra aim assist on your weapons. What do you think would happen in that scenario? I think everyone would flock to certain armors because it gives a specific ability and not choose their armor based on what they would want their spartan to look like.
agreed
Problem is that unlocking those suits would not be organic at all since its all up to luck or $$$.
Now if you could unlock armor because of the way you play - then yes.
Honestly, no. Several people have brought up this idea before, and I'll keep giving the same reply. No. Armour has been and always should be purely aesthetic. I want my Spartan to look the way he does because I like the armour he has, not because it gives my character certain boosts. I mean, imagine having to wear the Seeker helmet (which is ugly as sin) because it has the effects that work best with my playstyle? That would be horrible.

If they are to keep these sort of things in Warzone (which I'm not 100% a fan of as it is), then Armour Mods as they are now is as far as they should take it.
Vexacron wrote:
This
NO. It is an adaptation of the original Mark IV, all the armors in Halo 4 and 5 are actually Mjolnir [GEN 2].

It's like taking a 2016 Camaro and somehow changing its front plate to make it look like the original SS. It may look almost the same and even share the name if you want to, but the car itself is a 2106 model.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2