Armour pattern/decal editor!

OP BeneficBen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
While most of the armour skins that 343 makes are of good quality, some are not. Such as the "Moa droppings" white paint, and undesirable patterns that are present on certain armour skins.

However, I believe that these issues would be eliminated if 343 provided us with the option to...

🎆Create our own patterns and decals for our armour!🎆

Having this option would:

A: Provide even deeper customization options.

B: Provide players with the ability to recreate the patterns and decals used by popular characters from the Halo and other universes.

C: Provide an incentive to keep playing, as some Decals and patterns would only be available from the req system, such as Kelly's rabbit emblem.

The patten/decal editor would be similar to Forza Motorsport's.

When designing your armour skin, you are able to choose from an array of decals, patterns and, shapes from a pop-up menu, which you can then size and color to your liking.

While I'd really like this brand-new customization option to drop with the next Halo 5 update, I shall understand if it's not possible for 343 to release this just yet due to either time or budget constraints. Though I'd appreciate it if they'd bear it in mind for future updates.

@ske7ch
@Unyshek

Please leave your thoughts and feedback below ☺
This is one of the best ideas i have ever heard. They should also add a mythic card that lets you design your own decal
But.... I like having 3 or more pointlessly ugly armor skins! /s

I'd much rather have this than whatever the hell 343 is trying to make us use.
BeneficBen wrote:
While most of the armour skins that 343 makes are of good quality, some are not. Such as the "Moa droppings" white paint, and undesirable patterns that are present on certain armour skins.

However, I believe that these issues would be eliminated if 343 provided us with the option to...

B: Provide players with the ability to recreate the patterns and decals used by popular characters from the Halo and other universes

C: Provide an incentive to keep playing, as some Decals and patterns would only be available from the req system, such as Kelly's rabbit emblem.

When designing your armour, you are able to choose from an array of decals and patterns from a pop-up menu, which you can then size and color to your liking.

While I'd really like this brand-new customization option to drop with the next Halo 5 update, I shall understand if it's not possible for 343 to release this just yet due to either time or budget constraints. Though I'd appreciate it if they'd bear it in mind while they develop Halo 6.

I like the idea, but I doubt it will make it into Halo 5. Perhaps a future function for Halo 6? Would be nice for (loadout) weapons, armor, and emblems, as I'm sure people could create some pretty cool stuff. Even visor color modification and visor effect coloration would be nice in a future game. What I mean by this is what you would start with:

-Color Pie of 256 Million+ colors for color
-Base 'Matte' Effect
-Base Single Color Option

Upgrades to Visor effects:
-Glossy
-Matte Cracked
-Glossy Cracked
-Dirty (Dirt)
-Dirty (Dust)
-Dirty (Ash)
-Dirty Cracked (Dirt)
-Dirty Cracked (Dust)
-Dirty Cracked (Ash)
-Frosted
-Frosted Cracked
-Metallic
-Metallic Cracked
-Hardlight
-Tinted
-Tinted Cracked

Upgrades to Visor Color Tone Options
-Two Tone Color Effect (You can choose from 256+ Million Colors to have a two colored visor)
-Three Tone Color Effect
-Rainbow (Disables Color Selection, but makes visor all rainbow colored)
-Two Tone Chameleon (Two Colors. but One will show in darker environments, one will show in lighter environments and transition inbetween)
-Neon (Will be limited to Pastel and Fluorescent color selection, but visor color will be light and vibrant, no matter what environment is chosen)

Ideas for Halo 6 XD
It would be nice to have a third color customization option to change the unchangeable white on some armors.
They'll never add a livery editor, while they can charge money for alternate liveries.

A third colour would be awesome though. Or at least the option to remove the cruddy white parts.
Dexsom wrote:
This is one of the best ideas i have ever heard. They should also add a mythic card that lets you design your own decal
Thanks!

I was thinking that, as well being able to design your own, 343 could add new decals and patterns with every update to further increase the customization options.

Example:
Dutch's death's head helmet decal. Which I think would go nicely with Helljumper.
But.... I like having 3 or more pointlessly ugly armor skins! /s

I'd much rather have this than whatever the hell 343 is trying to make us use.
343 has made good armour skins, like the Recruit Charred, but I'd like to, as you said, be able to design my own ☺.
Wise 84 wrote:
They'll never add a livery editor, while they can charge money for alternate liveries.

A third colour would be awesome though. Or at least the option to remove the cruddy white parts.
What armour skins, other than the Challenger skin, can you only get if you pay?

I agree, some of the armour skins wouldn't be as bad if we could change the color of the "Moa droppings" 😁.
BeneficBen wrote:

B: Provide players with the ability to recreate the patterns and decals used by popular characters from the Halo and other universes

When designing your armour, you are able to choose from an array of decals and patterns from a pop-up menu, which you can then size and color to your liking.

While I'd really like this brand-new customization option to drop with the next Halo 5 update, I shall understand if it's not possible for 343 to release this just yet due to either time or budget constraints. Though I'd appreciate it if they'd bear it in mind while they develop Halo 6.

I like the idea, but I doubt it will make it into Halo 5. Perhaps a future function for Halo 6? Would be nice for (loadout) weapons, armor, and emblems, as I'm sure people could create some pretty cool stuff. Even visor color modification and visor effect coloration would be nice in a future game. What I mean by this is what you would start with:

-Color Pie of 256 Million+ colors for color
-Base 'Matte' Effect
-Base Single Color Option

Upgrades to Visor effects:
-Glossy
-Matte Cracked
-Glossy Cracked
-Dirty (Dirt)
-Dirty (Dust)
-Dirty (Ash)
-Dirty Cracked (Dirt)
-Dirty Cracked (Dust)
-Dirty Cracked (Ash)
-Frosted
-Frosted Cracked
-Metallic
-Metallic Cracked
-Hardlight
-Tinted
-Tinted Cracked

Upgrades to Visor Color Tone Options
-Two Tone Color Effect (You can choose from 256+ Million Colors to have a two colored visor)
-Three Tone Color Effect
-Rainbow (Disables Color Selection, but makes visor all rainbow colored)
-Two Tone Chameleon (Two Colors. but One will show in darker environments, one will show in lighter environments and transition inbetween)
-Neon (Will be limited to Pastel and Fluorescent color selection, but visor color will be light and vibrant, no matter what environment is chosen)

Ideas for Halo 6 XD
Will 343 have to create a new asset to allow an armour pattern/decal editor? Because, if they do have to, they probably don't want to make one this late in the game.

But if all they need to do is add a few things to the customization options, then I hope a pattern and decal editor will become a reality.
First of all - no plastic textures - and no Powerranger suit for Spartans. Also we need real steel looking armor
First of all - no plastic textures - and no Powerranger suit for Spartans. Also we need real steel looking armor
I'm not referring to the armor itself. What I mean is, I'd really like to be able to design my own pattern for my armour. Though I can understand about the PowerRanger bit. ☺
BeneficBen wrote:
I'm not referring to the armor itself. What I mean is, I'd really like to be able to design my own pattern for my armour. Though I can understand about the PowerRanger bit. ☺
Hmmm ok - well that sounds awesome (y) would be cool
BeneficBen wrote:
#bravoplz

Would it be a huge task for 343 to put an armour pattern/decal editor in Halo 5?
BeneficBen wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
#bravoplz

Would it be a huge task for 343 to put an armour pattern/decal editor in Halo 5?
More variarity is better than the "little bt changed" armor sets in Halo 5 (y) so yes
BeneficBen wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
#bravoplz

More variarity is better than the "little bt changed" armor sets in Halo 5 (y) so yes
If 343 actually does this, which I hope they do, I'd be able to copy the below armor patterns and place them on my Spartan's armour.

Delta Squad, Unreleased CIO skin
Is wrath anhur meant to blurry?

and is the ammo on his arm meant to be round or is it ment to look badly cut out like I did it my self on paint.
BeneficBen wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
#bravoplz

If 343 actually does this, which I hope they do, I be able to copy the below armor patterns and place them on my Spartan's armour.

Delta Squad

Unreleased CIO skin
looks good but it would be also cool to have camouflage for your armor
Is wrath anhur meant to blurry?

and is the ammo on his arm meant to be round or is it ment to look badly cut out like I did it my self on paint.
This is an example were having an editor would help, we would be able to adjust the armour skins that 343 makes as well as being able to make our own.
BeneficBen wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
BeneficBen wrote:
#bravoplz

If 343 actually does this, which I hope they do, I be able to copy the below armor patterns and place them on my Spartan's armour.

Delta Squad

Unreleased CIO skin
looks good but it would be also cool to have camouflage for your armor
Do you mean something like this? I was thinking that, 343 could provide the shapes and we make an armour skin using those shapes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13