Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Ask a question about Campaign HUD design!

OP B is for Bravo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Why arent there compass visuals on Chief and Locke's helmets like Chief had in the previous games (Halo 3)?
Will there be more changes to what the character can do with the visor? Or is it just the visual change to give them an identity?
Does each HUD behave differently? For example, does Linda's HUD design affect her sniping, even if just cosmetically?

Will there be a notable difference between the HUDs of Blue Team and the HUDs of Fireteam Osiris to signify the overall difference between the Spartan IIs and the Spartan IVs?
Firstly, I love that each character has a unique HUD.

Were there any other ideas or uniquely identifying features for each Spartan's HUD that ended up on the cutting room floor, so to speak? If so, what?
In one of the sprint videos "The Road to E3 Episode 2:Osiris" at 10:45, an artist was working on the light shining on the Spartan's helmet which shows the shape of their VISR on the outside of their helmet. Is this still in the game or was it cut? It's quite impressive looking and really gives a sense that you're in the helmet.
In the sprint you guys teased having light reflect off the contours of the glass panelling. I thought that looked really cool and was a great idea. How much of that made it into the game--if any?

Edit: guy above me knows what's up
Spoiler:
Show
Nvm, this was answered by someone. TIME FOR A NEW QUESTION!

When players zoom in, will there be a cosmetic difference between characters?
Why arent there compass visuals on Chief and Locke's helmets like Chief had in the previous games (Halo 3)?
He had one of those in H3? I didn't notice it.. I know that N6 had one in Reach, but I don't remember Chief having one.. I assumed he used the AR's compass
Fishztikz wrote:
He had one of those in H3? I didn't notice it.. I know that N6 had one in Reach, but I don't remember Chief having one.. I assumed he used the AR's compass
It was originally in Halo 3 (early videos predating the Beta showcase it) but it didn't make it to launch.
Fishztikz wrote:
It was originally in Halo 3 (early videos predating the Beta showcase it) but it didn't make it to launch.
Oh ok. It would be neat to have a compass like in Reach though
Will the HUDs at launch or maybe in a future update be usable in multiplayer? It would be awesome to have HUDs as a customization option in multiplayer.
it would be cool if you could zoom in twice with Linda!
Could you provide/confirm the name of the third grenade on the HUD?
I'm hoping that if you took as much time as you say you did making custom visors for 8 different Spartans that you let us choose which one we want to use for multiplayer.

Seems like a fairly simple idea that makes a TON of sense to offer.
Will the reticle colour match the rest of the HUD in the final game? In the picture we've seen of Linda's unique HUD, the reticle is blue while the rest of the HUD is orange.
Seems like an odd Q&A topic, but I'm certainly not going to complain! I would love more unique Q&As like this in the future, actually.

• We saw talk in The Sprint about project normals onto the HUDs, has that carried over to the final game? I really loved how it looked with Vale's helmet.
  • Will there be times when, say, some sort of liquid splatters onto the visor and has to be wiped off, similar to Republic Commando? What about rain?
  • I'm going to assume that the various helmets of Blue Team and Osiris changed a few times, were there concept experiments for HUDs before the final helmets were decided upon?
My biggest question, and evidently I'm sure it's already been asked, is whether such design will carry over into multiplayer? Otherwise I'm at ease with this nuance. It's perceptive.
this may have been asked but does the mp hud we have seen have its own unique hud or does it draw its look from someone in campaign?

im probably only going to play campaign solo since split screen is gone so its not like ill ever see any of the 6 diffrent huds.
this may have been asked but does the mp hud we have seen have its own unique hud or does it draw its look from someone in campaign?

im probably only going to play campaign solo since split screen is gone so its not like ill ever see any of the 6 diffrent huds.
8* different HUDs! :)
DartO6 wrote:

8* different HUDs! :)
ill be able to see chief and lockes but no one elses. 6/8 i wont be able to see. 6/9 if the mp hud is its own.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6