Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Assassination Steals

OP Warmachine125V

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Yeah, sorry I agree with this guy. If you're going to showboat you're risking not only your kill but your safety as well.
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Then I'll betray and bag you. That's what you get for being a crappy mate. If I'm gonna die I get it, but if I'm not gonna die you're just being an -Yoink-.
Maybe they could make so only you can kill the guy that you're assassinating that way you don't have people who deliberately kill the guy with a BR across the map to take the kill that you and so carefully snuck up on.
What they should do is what some others have said. Speed up the animation or make it so that even if a teammate yoinks you get the kill and points. No point in rewarding people for purposefully stealing a teammates kill.
AceDicer wrote:
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Yeah, sorry I agree with this guy. If you're going to showboat you're risking not only your kill but your safety as well.
Hey at least you made your point with an appropriate amount of rage; 0%

But yea, if I'm showing off and someone can get that kill for me, good for them! I knew the risk of showing off.
I don't think anyone ever Yoinked for the medal. I strongly believe they would've done it if the medal never existed.
I don't get too worked up when I get yoinked.
Benti86 wrote:
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Then I'll betray and bag you. That's what you get for being a crappy mate. If I'm gonna die I get it, but if I'm not gonna die you're just being an -Yoink-.
Maybe they could make so only you can kill the guy that you're assassinating that way you don't have people who deliberately kill the guy with a BR across the map to take the kill that you and so carefully snuck up on.
What they should do is what some others have said. Speed up the animation or make it so that even if a teammate yoinks you get the kill and points. No point in rewarding people for purposefully stealing a teammates kill.
1. What if youre assassination warden I'd steal that because I'd rather our team steal it from you than the enemy team steal it from you, also take into consideration that the person didn't see you assassinating the person till it was too late, I've done it I just thought he was with an enemy so I was helping out not in the middle of an animation
2. If they speed up the assassinations, stealing bosses would be seen more, and it would be less likely to save your teammate from being assassinated, which has an actual positive rewarding medal, if you really want a faster animation use speedboosts.
So in my 3 months of playing Halo 5 I've noticed that the Yoink medal was removed. I was somewhat glad of it, after all why should a person be awarded for taking a kill you already 100% have? Yet this hasn't stopped players from yoinking regardless. I got the assassination commendation, but it's so difficult to get, especially in Warzone. The whole thing is people aren't doing it for medals anymore, because there is no medal, but rather they are taking it so they can put one more kill on their score. It annoys me to no end when this happens. I understand if you were Spartan charging at the guy when I just started or you stuck him with a grenade, but it's another thing if you're halfway through and someone just runs up and melees the guy. Can we fix this and maybe change it so that you're given credit for the kill and the medal while you're assassinating and the person that whacks the guy mid-assassination only gets an assist?
People who complain about "stealing" are among the worst sports in Halo. Kill stealing, assassination stealing, weapon stealing etc. It's all nonsense! You're part of a team, in a team game, and if a member of your team gets a kill then that is a good thing. We had a guy the other day in Warzone shouting down the mic because someone "stole" his weapon. We all just laughed and told him to get over it.

With regard to assassinations - if I see an enemy, I shoot. No ifs, buts or maybes. I don't care if someone is assassinating them, assassinations are an unnecessarily long animation to do what should be a quick job. I've turned them off completely as I've been killed many times while performing an assassination. So I'd rather just make sure that you don't get killed, and just shoot whenever I see an enemy.

So I'd suggest that you also disable assassinations. That way you are guaranteed a kill if you hit someone from behind. You have no reason to keep them on, apart from the fact that you like to watch the animation. Which isn't a serious reason, and you're not going to stop the entire population of Halo from "stealing" your kills, so that's the only way to make sure.
R3dMarine wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Then I'll betray and bag you. That's what you get for being a crappy mate. If I'm gonna die I get it, but if I'm not gonna die you're just being an -Yoink-.
Maybe they could make so only you can kill the guy that you're assassinating that way you don't have people who deliberately kill the guy with a BR across the map to take the kill that you and so carefully snuck up on.
What they should do is what some others have said. Speed up the animation or make it so that even if a teammate yoinks you get the kill and points. No point in rewarding people for purposefully stealing a teammates kill.
1. What if youre assassination warden I'd steal that because I'd rather our team steal it from you than the enemy team steal it from you, also take into consideration that the person didn't see you assassinating the person till it was too late, I've done it I just thought he was with an enemy so I was helping out not in the middle of an animation
2. If they speed up the assassinations, stealing bosses would be seen more, and it would be less likely to save your teammate from being assassinated, which has an actual positive rewarding medal, if you really want a faster animation use speedboosts.
I wasn't talking about warzone because I hate that mode with a passion. When I did go for warden though I did use speed boosts because assassinating him is actually faster than gunning him down at that threshold unless everyone has ordinance/ vehicles.
The whole thing is people aren't doing it for medals anymore, because there is no medal, but rather they are taking it so they can put one more kill on their
it was always that one more point on their score, never the medal
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
tL Armada wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
Now you're just disputing for the sake of it....
tL Armada wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
Now you're just disputing for the sake of it....
Sorry, I don't follow.

How is disabling assassinations going to advance the commendation?
tL Armada wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
Now you're just disputing for the sake of it....
Sorry, I don't follow.

How is disabling assassinations going to advance the commendation?
It doesn't advance the commendation, but OP said that he already got the commendation, so disabling it is a valid suggestion.
Myself, and many others have said this countless times.. use Gears of War's system! Much harder to stop the animation, and even if you are interrupted by a teammate, you still get the kill.
I live for stealing assassinations. I love it.
One of the reasons why I take assassinations in Warzone, because 9.9 times out of 10 I can take the experience towards my next req level and do more with each req level than you can, doing more to win the game than you will so deal with it. So sue me for wanting to win, if that 1 single kill was so important to you then surely its not like you are incapable of going out and killing someone else.
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Turn off your animated assassination? Stupidest thing I've heard today, the whole point of them is the satisfaction of a stylish and difficult kill. Killing your TEAMmates kill is nothing but a -Yoink- move , the only way to excuse it is a stray grenade/explosion, if the person is about to get showstopped or if the person has already been a -Yoink- to you.
tL Armada wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
Now you're just disputing for the sake of it....
Sorry, I don't follow.

How is disabling assassinations going to advance the commendation?
It doesn't advance the commendation, but OP said that he already got the commendation, so disabling it is a valid suggestion.
My point wasn't about the OP. I wasn't even responding to the OP. My point was about all the people who don't have it completed. Simply disabling them does no good for completing the commendation.
If the person I was originally replying to meant the OP, and only the OP, then fine. I was referring to the general sense of disabling it.
tL Armada wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
Now you're just disputing for the sake of it....
Sorry, I don't follow.

How is disabling assassinations going to advance the commendation?
It doesn't advance the commendation, but OP said that he already got the commendation, so disabling it is a valid suggestion.
My point wasn't about the OP. I wasn't even responding to the OP. My point was about all the people who don't have it completed. Simply disabling them does no good for completing the commendation.
If the person I was originally replying to meant the OP, and only the OP, then fine. I was referring to the general sense of disabling it.
Gotcha, that makes sense.

Well in that case, it could still be a valid suggestion to anyone who already has the commendation, or doesn't care about it. For those that do care about it, its just a difficult commendation to get, part of it is planning your assassinations so that you and your kill are safe.
DANIELG360 wrote:
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Turn off your animated assassination? Stupidest thing I've heard today, the whole point of them is the satisfaction of a stylish and difficult kill. Killing your TEAMmates kill is nothing but a -Yoink- move , the only way to excuse it is a stray grenade/explosion, if the person is about to get showstopped or if the person has already been a -Yoink- to you.
Some people don't care as much for the style or satisfaction, they just want the kill.
Benti86 wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.

So many awful threads on this forum.

Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.

If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Then I'll betray and bag you. That's what you get for being a crappy mate. If I'm gonna die I get it, but if I'm not gonna die you're just being an -Yoink-.
Maybe they could make so only you can kill the guy that you're assassinating that way you don't have people who deliberately kill the guy with a BR across the map to take the kill that you and so carefully snuck up on.
What they should do is what some others have said. Speed up the animation or make it so that even if a teammate yoinks you get the kill and points. No point in rewarding people for purposefully stealing a teammates kill.
1. What if youre assassination warden I'd steal that because I'd rather our team steal it from you than the enemy team steal it from you, also take into consideration that the person didn't see you assassinating the person till it was too late, I've done it I just thought he was with an enemy so I was helping out not in the middle of an animation
2. If they speed up the assassinations, stealing bosses would be seen more, and it would be less likely to save your teammate from being assassinated, which has an actual positive rewarding medal, if you really want a faster animation use speedboosts.
I wasn't talking about warzone because I hate that mode with a passion. When I did go for warden though I did use speed boosts because assassinating him is actually faster than gunning him down at that threshold unless everyone has ordinance/ vehicles.
And then what if its an accident theres not really a way to tell they could just have a hair trigger and shoot at the first sight of an enemy and kill him before realizing hes being assassinated
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22