2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
DANIELG360 wrote:
"Being rewarded for a kill you already have"? Well clearly you DIDNT have the kill if you didnt get it.
So many awful threads on this forum.
Guess what? Turn off animated assassinations and you wont have to be upset over losing your kill anymore.
If i dont know you, you best believe im going to steal your animated assassination. Thats what you get for trying to be fancy.
Turn off your animated assassination? Stupidest thing I've heard today, the whole point of them is the satisfaction of a stylish and difficult kill. Killing your TEAMmates kill is nothing but a -Yoink- move , the only way to excuse it is a stray grenade/explosion, if the person is about to get showstopped or if the person has already been a -Yoink- to you.
Yes, because pressing the melee button is really difficult... sigh.
Top Yellow wrote:
One of the reasons why I take assassinations in Warzone, because 9.9 times out of 10 I can take the experience towards my next req level and do more with each req level than you can, doing more to win the game than you will so deal with it. So sue me for wanting to win, if that 1 single kill was so important to you then surely its not like you are incapable of going out and killing someone else.
that's the most selfish thing I've heard today
how would you ever know if you can do more with that req energy than the others. Do you also yoink in arena then?
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
One of the reasons why I take assassinations in Warzone, because 9.9 times out of 10 I can take the experience towards my next req level and do more with each req level than you can, doing more to win the game than you will so deal with it. So sue me for wanting to win, if that 1 single kill was so important to you then surely its not like you are incapable of going out and killing someone else.
how would you ever know if you can do more with that req energy than the others. Do you also yoink in arena then?
Well if you see someone performing an assassination, you know they don't take the game too seriously. They'd rather watch a pretty animation than get an efficient kill.
Top Yellow wrote:
talk about a superiority complex. Basically summed up as "I'm better than you, so ill steal all your kills, cuz I'm better with the rocket and I want to win."

Wasn't warzone supposed to be casual?
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
Well if you see someone performing an assassination, you know they don't take the game too seriously. They'd rather watch a pretty animation than get an efficient kill.
no I take the game seriously when I play it. Just like I take battlefield seriously but if I can get a kill like that ill take it. I argue that it does rattle someone's confidence when the get wasted like that, hell it really pisses some people off. Different strokes for different folks though. Not everyone is trying to be the next l337 mlg star here and assassinations hardly hurt. It takes one person from each team out of the game unless the guy is going for it in the middle of the open.
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
no I take the game seriously when I play it. Just like I take battlefield seriously but if I can get a kill like that ill take it. I argue that it does rattle someone's confidence when the get wasted like that, hell it really pisses some people off. Different strokes for different folks though. Not everyone is trying to be the next l337 mlg star here and assassinations hardly hurt. It takes one person from each team out of the game unless the guy is going for it in the middle of the open.
It leaves you exposed, and takes longer to kill. So I'll always steal it if I get the opportunity.

You have two choices - either put up with people stealing your kills, or disable assassinations. Because nobody's behaviour is going to change.
Top Yellow wrote:
This is the same attitude as people that betray for power weapons. Grow up.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not promote/advocate for the griefing of others.

Spoiler:
Show
It's too much fun to make people mad. sorry.
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
It leaves you exposed, and takes longer to kill. So I'll always steal it if I get the opportunity.

You have two choices - either put up with people stealing your kills, or disable assassinations. Because nobody's behaviour is going to change.
I guess you'll have to deal with me betraying you for it then or consistently damaging you till you get killed. Also does it really take that much longer to kill than a perfect kill because most times mine are stolen as soon as the shields pop which is right before the end anyway so really its just people being petty in my experience.
Betraying is a bootable offense, and intentionally doing damage to a teammate is just a bad idea and not cool. You probably shouldn't do those things, friend.
a holes will always be a holes!
Easy fix to this is making the person getting assassinating immune to damage during the assassination. People will argue "if I'm in a firefight and someone goes for the assassination I'm finishing MY kill" but if the person was close enough for an assassination, they're close enough to get a beat down which is also an instant kill. This would fix more problems than it would cause because most of the time people aren't "getting THEIR kill" but rather, they're stealing someone else's kill and making the assassination commendation a lot harder to finish than it should be.
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:

I guess you'll have to deal with me betraying you for it then or consistently damaging you till you get killed. Also does it really take that much longer to kill than a perfect kill because most times mine are stolen as soon as the shields pop which is right before the end anyway so really its just people being petty in my experience.
Betraying is a bootable offense, and intentionally doing damage to a teammate is just a bad idea and not cool. You probably shouldn't do those things, friend.
Be a total -Yoink!- and I'll be one back. If the shields pop then the animation is almost done so you're not doing it to "speed up the game", you're doing it because you obsess over your score or you couldn't get a kill otherwise. In simple, you spoil my experience and you can rest assured that the rest of your game is going to suck. If it's Warzone, expect to be spartan charged all game long. If it's arena I'll either kill you outright or hurt you when an enemy is around.
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
seems like u're taking it way too seriously lol
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
Easy fix to this is making the person getting assassinating immune to damage during the assassination. People will argue "if I'm in a firefight and someone goes for the assassination I'm finishing MY kill" but if the person was close enough for an assassination, they're close enough to get a beat down which is also an instant kill. This would fix more problems than it would cause because most of the time people aren't "getting THEIR kill" but rather, they're stealing someone else's kill and making the assassination commendation a lot harder to finish than it should be.
But that's the point of assassinations, there's a risk to being showboaty.

I don't understand why people are bringing up the commendation, aren't commendations supposed to be somewhat difficult to get?
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:

Be a total -Yoink!- and I'll be one back. If the shields pop then the animation is almost done so you're not doing it to "speed up the game", you're doing it because you obsess over your score or you couldn't get a kill otherwise. In simple, you spoil my experience and you can rest assured that the rest of your game is going to suck. If it's Warzone, expect to be spartan charged all game long. If it's arena I'll either kill you outright or hurt you when an enemy is around.
Getting a kill isn't being a total whatever you said. How do you know why I steal an assassination? I do it because its fun, I don't care about my score.

Me "stealing" your kill is NOT the same as you teamkilling. Killing an enemy is part of the game, teamkilling is against the rules and will get you boot. If you're so immature that you're going to kill a teammate because he killed an enemy Spartan, maybe you shouldn't be playing these team based games.

If you're getting this upset about it, you're probably the one obsessing over the game, friend ;)
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
Waiting for the shields to pop before killing the person only saves a fraction of a second because the animation is almost over. And unless you're getting nothing but perfect kills, a solo gunfight won't be more efficient. You're just being a -Yoink!- by stealing assassinations and there's no way to justify it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not promote/advocate for the griefing of others.

Spoiler:
Show
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
But that's the point of assassinations, there's a risk to being showboaty.

I don't understand why people are bringing up the commendation, aren't commendations supposed to be somewhat difficult to get?
Commendations shouldn't be difficult because teammates prevent them from happening. Assassinations are situational and if you manage to pull one of your teammates should let it finish as opposed to hindering your progress on the commendation for the sake of their score.
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:

Getting a kill isn't being a total whatever you said. How do you know why I steal an assassination? I do it because its fun, I don't care about my score.

Me "stealing" your kill is NOT the same as you teamkilling. Killing an enemy is part of the game, teamkilling is against the rules and will get you boot. If you're so immature that you're going to kill a teammate because he killed an enemy Spartan, maybe you shouldn't be playing these team based games.

If you're getting this upset about it, you're probably the one obsessing over the game, friend ;)
Your idea of fun ruins the fun if others. And seeing as I primarily play Warzone, team killing isn't an option so you'll be getting spartan charger by me for the rest of the game. If I'm playing griffball and my assassination is stolen then you likely killed me too so that's no better than team killing an assassination stealer in arena. And I don't team kill all game, just enough so that I won't get booted and then ruin your game by shooting at you but not killing you. You want me to deal with assassinations getting stolen then deal with what'll happen to you for being a -Yoink!-
1. If you lost an assassination because someone killed the guy and that ruins your fun, your idea of fun is...off
2. Spartan charging me throughout a game is a waste of time. Doing that makes you a waste of a teammate and is terribly immature
3. Why in world would you waste time with an assassination in Grifball? That's just plain stupid, and I try my best to not call people stupid on here.
4. That's still team killing and, again, stupid.
5. No. You deal with assassinations getting stolen. YOU deal with it, don't take your issues out on your teammates. Its just a game dude, its okay, its not that big a deal.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22