Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Assassination Steals

OP Warmachine125V

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 22
I have assassinations turned off in competitive play and back on in casual. I think I have more showstoppers than Yoinks historically but it does happen.
If its a team game, I don't really mind yoinking. I remember at higher levels of gameplay (during Reach, specifically), teammates would often yoink your kill not out of malicious intent, but rather, they are assuming you assassinated someone on accident and they're trying to reduce the amount of time where you can't respond to new threats. At the very least, its good to have a positive mindset and shrug off a few yoinks as "my teammate was trying to increase my ability to survive".
i don´t use the assassinations, it has affected me
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
One of the reasons why I take assassinations in Warzone, because 9.9 times out of 10 I can take the experience towards my next req level and do more with each req level than you can, doing more to win the game than you will so deal with it. So sue me for wanting to win, if that 1 single kill was so important to you then surely its not like you are incapable of going out and killing someone else.
that's the most selfish thing I've heard today
how would you ever know if you can do more with that req energy than the others. Do you also yoink in arena then?
Well if you see someone performing an assassination, you know they don't take the game too seriously. They'd rather watch a pretty animation than get an efficient kill.
no I take the game seriously when I play it. Just like I take battlefield seriously but if I can get a kill like that ill take it. I argue that it does rattle someone's confidence when the get wasted like that, hell it really pisses some people off. Different strokes for different folks though. Not everyone is trying to be the next l337 mlg star here and assassinations hardly hurt. It takes one person from each team out of the game unless the guy is going for it in the middle of the open.
It leaves you exposed, and takes longer to kill. So I'll always steal it if I get the opportunity.

You have two choices - either put up with people stealing your kills, or disable assassinations. Because nobody's behaviour is going to change.
I guess you'll have to deal with me betraying you for it then or consistently damaging you till you get killed. Also does it really take that much longer to kill than a perfect kill because most times mine are stolen as soon as the shields pop which is right before the end anyway so really its just people being petty in my experience.
Betraying is a bootable offense, and intentionally doing damage to a teammate is just a bad idea and not cool. You probably shouldn't do those things, friend.
Be a total -Yoink!- and I'll be one back. If the shields pop then the animation is almost done so you're not doing it to "speed up the game", you're doing it because you obsess over your score or you couldn't get a kill otherwise. In simple, you spoil my experience and you can rest assured that the rest of your game is going to suck. If it's Warzone, expect to be spartan charged all game long. If it's arena I'll either kill you outright or hurt you when an enemy is around.
Getting a kill isn't being a total whatever you said. How do you know why I steal an assassination? I do it because its fun, I don't care about my score.

Me "stealing" your kill is NOT the same as you teamkilling. Killing an enemy is part of the game, teamkilling is against the rules and will get you boot. If you're so immature that you're going to kill a teammate because he killed an enemy Spartan, maybe you shouldn't be playing these team based games.

If you're getting this upset about it, you're probably the one obsessing over the game, friend ;)
Your idea of fun ruins the fun if others. And seeing as I primarily play Warzone, team killing isn't an option so you'll be getting spartan charger by me for the rest of the game. If I'm playing griffball and my assassination is stolen then you likely killed me too so that's no better than team killing an assassination stealer in arena. And I don't team kill all game, just enough so that I won't get booted and then ruin your game by shooting at you but not killing you. You want me to deal with assassinations getting stolen then deal with what'll happen to you for being a -Yoink!-
1. If you lost an assassination because someone killed the guy and that ruins your fun, your idea of fun is...off
2. Spartan charging me throughout a game is a waste of time. Doing that makes you a waste of a teammate and is terribly immature
3. Why in world would you waste time with an assassination in Grifball? That's just plain stupid, and I try my best to not call people stupid on here.
4. That's still team killing and, again, stupid.
5. No. You deal with assassinations getting stolen. YOU deal with it, don't take your issues out on your teammates. Its just a game dude, its okay, its not that big a deal.
If it isn't that big of a deal why is it miraculously okay for you to steal the kill? Because it "helps the team?" There's probably a handful of examples where matches were lost specifically because someone went for an assassination. I find his point valid. I find assassinations to be fun to get and I doubt that gunning someone down is that much faster since not every kill is perfect.

people steal the kills just to piss others off and that is mature? Also who are you to judge another's idea of fun? This is why Halo sucks without the social stratification. Because we have people like you who can just justify everything they do as "helping the team" while downplaying others' actions and then say it isn't a big deal. You're basically saying the way we play is more or less stupid and that we deserve to have this happen.

Also, why assassinate in Grifball? Because we can and it is freakin' grifball! Are you kidding me? I think that's weird as hell but you don't see me telling you you're idea of fun is stupid and that you're a try hard do you? Like you said it's just a game. I'm going to go for assassinations, but if you knowingly steal that while I'm in no danger you're going to have to accept the fact that I will betray you and hinder you whenever it is most inconvenient for you because I can't tolerate teammates that can't respect my kills. I don't try to go hard in this game but if you attempt to ruin my fun you can sure as hell bet I will ruin yours.
I never said I steal kills just to piss anyone off.

I also didn't tell anyone how to play grifball, just that I think its a silly way to play. Can I not have an opinion?

That is immature and childish. I don't care what you say, sorry friend.
So is stealing my secured kill when I'm not in any danger. Sorry friend, but you seem to be confusing what I'm saying with the other guy. He has his points and I agree to an extent but I'm saying that if you wait to pop the guy Im assassinating that's way more immature than me hitting you back and inconveniencing you a couple of times for being an -Yoink- of a teammate. Also I never said you couldn't have an opinion on grifball but grifball is supposed to just be mindless fun
Well you put words in my mouth because that's not what I'm saying. All i'm saying is that team killing is never acceptable as a form of revenge for something so stupid.
Lol @ these kids who betray their teammates over an assassination steal. So serious. Btthrt.
The -Yoink!- medal was removed in H4. But it is annoying. The only reason why I ever -Yoink!-ed was because there WAS a medal for it. Now it's just rude and uncalled for. Unless you're helping out a teammate by holding the enemy for him to get, that's okay.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ooooooooorrrrrr, go for the beat down. If you're gonna be flashy, you risk death. Simple.
Assassination speeds need to be faster. The gameplay was sped up, but assassinations were left slow. Most of the time I die from an enemy rather than getting it stolen from a teammate.
Some people think we should get rid of assassination animations altogether.
Madinogi wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Just turn off assassinations, can't steal it if you kill it instantly
That does no good when you're going for the assassination commendation.
Now you're just disputing for the sake of it....
or you know hes disputing because its a fact. sorry but you cant finish the assassination commendation when you have Assassinations Disabled, Try again.
You don't need to be a jackass. I thought he was talking directly to OP, who already finished the commendation. Obviously for people trying to get the commendation, this doesn't apply. Good lord, are you just looking for arguments?
Another post about this... ugh

Well Ill have you know that in the menu there is a button that allows you to turn off your assassinations!

Whoa! That would be so helpful!

Stop complaining about this, its been in halo for years.
None cares sorry guy.
they should where if you are in the middle of an assassination team mates cant kill the poor guy being assassinated.
im trying to finnish the challenge so nothing angers me more when this happens.
This is me every time....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLKUEq49Qdk
Lmao thats terrible.
Pogo Twist wrote:
None cares sorry guy.
the 5 page thread begs to differ.
Lol @ these kids who betray their teammates over an assassination steal. So serious. Btthrt.
I love how people say the betrayers are so serious when the justification for stealing the kill that has any merit is "it's an inefficient way to kill quickly"

like no I'm not serious or butthurt that's exactly why I betray you. Because I don't care anymore and I think you're an -Yoink- for stealing my kill lol nice try troll.
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
xXWurmXx21 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
nekrulz wrote:
Top Yellow wrote:
One of the reasons why I take assassinations in Warzone, because 9.9 times out of 10 I can take the experience towards my next req level and do more with each req level than you can, doing more to win the game than you will so deal with it. So sue me for wanting to win, if that 1 single kill was so important to you then surely its not like you are incapable of going out and killing someone else.
that's the most selfish thing I've heard today
how would you ever know if you can do more with that req energy than the others. Do you also yoink in arena then?
Well if you see someone performing an assassination, you know they don't take the game too seriously. They'd rather watch a pretty animation than get an efficient kill.
no I take the game seriously when I play it. Just like I take battlefield seriously but if I can get a kill like that ill take it. I argue that it does rattle someone's confidence when the get wasted like that, hell it really pisses some people off. Different strokes for different folks though. Not everyone is trying to be the next l337 mlg star here and assassinations hardly hurt. It takes one person from each team out of the game unless the guy is going for it in the middle of the open.
It leaves you exposed, and takes longer to kill. So I'll always steal it if I get the opportunity.

You have two choices - either put up with people stealing your kills, or disable assassinations. Because nobody's behaviour is going to change.
I guess you'll have to deal with me betraying you for it then or consistently damaging you till you get killed. Also does it really take that much longer to kill than a perfect kill because most times mine are stolen as soon as the shields pop which is right before the end anyway so really its just people being petty in my experience.
Betraying is a bootable offense, and intentionally doing damage to a teammate is just a bad idea and not cool. You probably shouldn't do those things, friend.
Be a total -Yoink!- and I'll be one back. If the shields pop then the animation is almost done so you're not doing it to "speed up the game", you're doing it because you obsess over your score or you couldn't get a kill otherwise. In simple, you spoil my experience and you can rest assured that the rest of your game is going to suck. If it's Warzone, expect to be spartan charged all game long. If it's arena I'll either kill you outright or hurt you when an enemy is around.
Getting a kill isn't being a total whatever you said. How do you know why I steal an assassination? I do it because its fun, I don't care about my score.

Me "stealing" your kill is NOT the same as you teamkilling. Killing an enemy is part of the game, teamkilling is against the rules and will get you boot. If you're so immature that you're going to kill a teammate because he killed an enemy Spartan, maybe you shouldn't be playing these team based games.

If you're getting this upset about it, you're probably the one obsessing over the game, friend ;)
Your idea of fun ruins the fun if others. And seeing as I primarily play Warzone, team killing isn't an option so you'll be getting spartan charger by me for the rest of the game. If I'm playing griffball and my assassination is stolen then you likely killed me too so that's no better than team killing an assassination stealer in arena. And I don't team kill all game, just enough so that I won't get booted and then ruin your game by shooting at you but not killing you. You want me to deal with assassinations getting stolen then deal with what'll happen to you for being a -Yoink!-
1. If you lost an assassination because someone killed the guy and that ruins your fun, your idea of fun is...off
2. Spartan charging me throughout a game is a waste of time. Doing that makes you a waste of a teammate and is terribly immature
3. Why in world would you waste time with an assassination in Grifball? That's just plain stupid, and I try my best to not call people stupid on here.
4. That's still team killing and, again, stupid.
5. No. You deal with assassinations getting stolen. YOU deal with it, don't take your issues out on your teammates. Its just a game dude, its okay, its not that big a deal.
If it isn't that big of a deal why is it miraculously okay for you to steal the kill? Because it "helps the team?" There's probably a handful of examples where matches were lost specifically because someone went for an assassination. I find his point valid. I find assassinations to be fun to get and I doubt that gunning someone down is that much faster since not every kill is perfect.

people steal the kills just to piss others off and that is mature? Also who are you to judge another's idea of fun? This is why Halo sucks without the social stratification. Because we have people like you who can just justify everything they do as "helping the team" while downplaying others' actions and then say it isn't a big deal. You're basically saying the way we play is more or less stupid and that we deserve to have this happen.

Also, why assassinate in Grifball? Because we can and it is freakin' grifball! Are you kidding me? I think that's weird as hell but you don't see me telling you you're idea of fun is stupid and that you're a try hard do you? Like you said it's just a game. I'm going to go for assassinations, but if you knowingly steal that while I'm in no danger you're going to have to accept the fact that I will betray you and hinder you whenever it is most inconvenient for you because I can't tolerate teammates that can't respect my kills. I don't try to go hard in this game but if you attempt to ruin my fun you can sure as hell bet I will ruin yours.
I never said I steal kills just to piss anyone off.

I also didn't tell anyone how to play grifball, just that I think its a silly way to play. Can I not have an opinion?

That is immature and childish. I don't care what you say, sorry friend.
So is stealing my secured kill when I'm not in any danger. Sorry friend, but you seem to be confusing what I'm saying with the other guy. He has his points and I agree to an extent but I'm saying that if you wait to pop the guy Im assassinating that's way more immature than me hitting you back and inconveniencing you a couple of times for being an -Yoink- of a teammate. Also I never said you couldn't have an opinion on grifball but grifball is supposed to just be mindless fun
Well you put words in my mouth because that's not what I'm saying. All i'm saying is that team killing is never acceptable as a form of revenge for something so stupid.
sorry about putting words in your mouth apparently, but you more or less ignored my point up until 2 posts ago. On the last point were just going to have to agree to disagree because there's literally no other way of getting back at your teammate in a decent manner and I only do it a couple of times.
Wow. You people are -Yoink- holes.

Assassinating is one of my favorite things to do, it looks cool and gets in the other guy's head, a tactical advantage. If I'm in a hairy situation and it was an accident or my fault, I'm fine with a "stolen" kill. But reading this thread has made me see that like 90% of community condones being a blithering idiot and jacking a kill for no reason.

I'm definitely not playing Halo 5 now, not with you trolls.
Most of the time I die from an enemy rather than getting it stolen from a teammate.
if you have received the assassination pack then you should just turn off assassination altogether. They way you just get beatdowns and you can keep on going towards your next Kill
I get so angry when other players steal an earned assassination! Like what's your problem noob?!? Back off and have respect for each other.
Sorry to break it to you bud but it is not going to change. It was your choice to take 6 seconds to kill someone so the person you killed can feel like crap. But I do understand where you are coming from after all you managed to get behind him and sneak up to kill him.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 22