Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Assault rifle needs a slight nerf

OP ThunderBuddy

I think it is far too easy to kill with assault rifle. Give it a few more bullets to kill. Maybe like 2 or 3. I think it should balance it out a bit more a make people live a bit longer.
I agree that it should be nerfed! It is way too deadly when zoomed in. Even possible to out-range a BR or DMR when AR is zoomed in.
preaching to the choir
preaching to the choir
Wat?
<div>No, and it's not going to happen you br scrub. Get skill, and learn to fight in close quarters. If you're getting killed against it at far range you're doing something wrong in combat; especially if you're using a br against the ar. I've out shot every ar with the br at mid-far range.</div>
I don't think its going to happen. You barely have a chance against a DMR or BR with it as is, and the magnum can defeat it in the majority of fights too.
<div>No, and it's not going to happen you br scrub. Get skill, and learn to fight in close quarters. If you're getting killed against it at far range you're doing something wrong in combat; especially if you're using a br against the ar. I've out shot every ar with the br at mid-far range.</div>
Again....This^^^^^!
no all weapons feel perfectly balanced imo
The game is very awesome but the AR ruins everithing , it needs to be nerfed.
GG 343i nice game , i really like it
The AR does feel like it has a little more range than it should have, especially with smart scope. I agree that it should be nerfed a little bit, but I would rather have a weapon be a little OP than be useless, past Halo games were littered with such weapons. IMO, the AR shouldn't be that effective at mid-range because you start with a Magnum that was designed to make up for the AR's lesser range.
I feel that it's pretty balanced as is. I'm excited that it's going well so far for me. Br start next week and that will be fun.
I just think the range should be lowered just a hair, at least damage-wise.. Have the damage fall off a bit more at max range. I do like that it can be accurate enough to descope someone if need be (but in that situation I just use the magnum)..
It's nothing but a tool to make the bad players better. It allows the bad players to camp round corners then rush out spraying everywhere and manage to get a kill that, in any other halo, would have not been possible for them to get.

Based on your stats, I don't see how you have any room to be calling someone a scrub. You're clearly not good, no matter how much you want to blow smoke, so don't try assassinating the OPs character just to justify your own argument. Its childish.

I think it is far too easy to kill with assault rifle. Give it a few more bullets to kill. Maybe like 2 or 3. I think it should balance it out a bit more a make people live a bit longer.
After playing about 5 hours of H5 beta, I am inclined to agree with you. However, I'd rather wait for them to remove flinch before I make a decision. I feel like if we weren't flinching all over the place, the BR/DMR would seem fine against the AR even at close range. That being said, I wouldn't be upset if it took like 2 more bullets to kill.

And before that other guy tries to insult my "skill" and tell me how I should "learn to play", I have a 2.27 K/D in H5 beta and my ranking in H5 is currently semi-pro.