Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Auto-boot suicide system is trash and unfair

OP l Funkyfresh l

The auto-boot system is totally moronic and is an oversight by 343.

I'm in Warzone. I spawn rockets and charge enemies, killing two with one rocket, then myself and another as he jumps in my face. I then respawn, grab a pulse grenade and throw it at an AI Hunter in my face and accidentally kill us both in the process, again not on purpose. I get booted for too many "suicides". They are purely accidental, but still helping the team.

This system should take into account if you're getting kills and your accidents result in gains. This is unacceptable.

Why would you have such a bad system, 343? Auto systems need more checks.

(Edited due to poor initial wording choice)
Really, that's dumb... the system, not your post.
Well we sure know there won't be an article in the future that ISIS used this game to practice.
so... dont commit suicide.
ShotyMcFat wrote:
so... dont commit suicide.
totally useless suggestion. if it's tactically advantageous, it's wise to.
It should be like consistent suicides over a certain time (like over the course of 10-15 minute) by things like environment imo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
How about this? You learn different strategies and stop killing yourself. Yes, you killed three people with that one rocket. But now the enemy has a rocker launcher with three more.

I'm in Warzone. I spawn rockets and charge enemies, killing 3 of them plus myself, resulting in a suicide. I then respawn, grab a pulse grenade and throw it at an AI Hunter and kill us both in the process. I get booted for too many "suicides". This system should take into account if you're getting kills and your sacrifices result in gains. The simple fact the system can't detect that removes advantageous suicide as a worthwhile tactic. This is unacceptable.

Every time you suicide, your team is down a player for ten long seconds.
How about this? You learn different strategies and stop killing yourself. Yes, you killed three people with that one rocket. But now the enemy has a rocker launcher with three more.
Neither of them were on purpose. It just so happened and was the wisest move.
ShortySL wrote:

I'm in Warzone. I spawn rockets and charge enemies, killing 3 of them plus myself, resulting in a suicide. I then respawn, grab a pulse grenade and throw it at an AI Hunter and kill us both in the process. I get booted for too many "suicides". This system should take into account if you're getting kills and your sacrifices result in gains. The simple fact the system can't detect that removes advantageous suicide as a worthwhile tactic. This is unacceptable.

Every time you suicide, your team is down a player for ten long seconds.
Everytime you kill a Hunter, your team is up 25 points. Good trade off, even if by accident.