Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Back on waypoint, and I've got a question.

OP xTheLagMasterx

So it's been a VERY long time since I've played Halo, be it 5, Mcc, 4, etc., let alone been on these beloved forums at all(I've breezed through them on rare occasions in the past). And if your'e curious as to why, allow me to explain. Couple years and ago and the very recent months too, I've been having net connections out the wazoo, been playing other games, hanging with friends, looking for a job, anxiety attacks, etc. During that time I sold my xbone and the games I had for reasons I'd rather not discuss, plus my net was starting to go down the drain and so I could hardly play any Halo on xbone at all. Finally my net crapped out, and I'm stuck on satellite internet so most online gaming is out the window(surprisingly the 2 current games I can play online with others are Warframe and the technological and financial disaster known as fallout 76). But even with that, I'm considering getting back into the Halo groove, and I've reached quite the fork in the decision road and thought I was time to bring in the influence of you: the awesome, loving and devoted Halo fanbase :).

So here's the question: Should I go ahead and get an xbone and pickup Halo 5, or should I wait for the new xbox coming out that Halo Infinite is going to be coming on? And on top of that, does Halo 5 have a decent amount of players on it still? I would assume so seeing as I keep seeing 343i making posts on their official Facebook stating select playlists keep coming back for a limited time. All opinions are welcome all this.

Happy Halo time people, here's to hoping I'll see some of you sooner or later on the Halo battlefield, be it Arena, Warzone, or Warzone FF.
Halo: Infinite is coming out on both the Scarlett and the Xbox One, so if you really wanted to play Halo 5: Guardians then you wouldn't miss out on Halo: Infinite.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Halo: Infinite is coming out on both the Scarlett and the Xbox One, so if you really wanted to play Halo 5: Guardians then you wouldn't miss out on Halo: Infinite.
Ah I didn't know that, sweet.
I’d suggest getting MCC and playing that instead. In case you aren’t aware, there was a major update last year and the game is incredibly good now, miles better than what it was before the update. Plus, it’s X enhanced now as well and every classic game looks even better. Or better yet, get Game Pass (regular or ultimate) and you can play either MCC or H5 since both are in the catalog.
tuhin94 wrote:
Or better yet, get Game Pass (regular or ultimate) and you can play either MCC or H5 since both are in the catalog.
I second this. Gamepass has gotten very good lately, and they just keep adding great games to the lineup
So it's been a VERY long time since I've played Halo, be it 5, Mcc, 4, etc., let alone been on these beloved forums at all(I've breezed through them on rare occasions in the past). And if your'e curious as to why, allow me to explain. Couple years and ago and the very recent months too, I've been having net connections out the wazoo, been playing other games, hanging with friends, looking for a job, anxiety attacks, etc. During that time I sold my xbone and the games I had for reasons I'd rather not discuss, plus my net was starting to go down the drain and so I could hardly play any Halo on xbone at all. Finally my net crapped out, and I'm stuck on satellite internet so most online gaming is out the window(surprisingly the 2 current games I can play online with others are Warframe and the technological and financial disaster known as fallout 76). But even with that, I'm considering getting back into the Halo groove, and I've reached quite the fork in the decision road and thought I was time to bring in the influence of you: the awesome, loving and devoted Halo fanbase :).

So here's the question: Should I go ahead and get an xbone and pickup Halo 5, or should I wait for the new xbox coming out that Halo Infinite is going to be coming on? And on top of that, does Halo 5 have a decent amount of players on it still? I would assume so seeing as I keep seeing 343i making posts on their official Facebook stating select playlists keep coming back for a limited time. All opinions are welcome all this.

Happy Halo time people, here's to hoping I'll see some of you sooner or later on the Halo battlefield, be it Arena, Warzone, or Warzone FF.
The new console isn't coming out for over a year. (Around the Holiday's 2020). I guess it depends on how bad you want to play. You can always buy the Xbox X then trade it in if you want the new one when it comes out. The new Xbox whatever they decided to name it, will come with Infinity.
tuhin94 wrote:
Or better yet, get Game Pass (regular or ultimate) and you can play either MCC or H5 since both are in the catalog.
I second this. Gamepass has gotten very good lately, and they just keep adding great games to the lineup
As well as offering immediate access to all future first party games on launch date including Infinite.
tuhin94 wrote:
I’d suggest getting MCC and playing that instead. In case you aren’t aware, there was a major update last year and the game is incredibly good now, miles better than what it was before the update. Plus, it’s X enhanced now as well and every classic game looks even better. Or better yet, get Game Pass (regular or ultimate) and you can play either MCC or H5 since both are in the catalog.
I checked out the game pass earlier on the xbox site, and I can't deny Xbox game pass ultimate bundle is 10x better than the standard xbox live deal from the looks of it. have to remember to pick that up when I get my xbone setup back up n running.
tuhin94 wrote:
I checked out the game pass earlier on the xbox site, and I can't deny Xbox game pass ultimate bundle is 10x better than the standard xbox live deal from the looks of it. have to remember to pick that up when I get my xbone setup back up n running.
Nice, glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy your new Xbox :-) Definitely lots to love with Game Pass Ultimate. The biggest thing to look forward to at the moment is Gears 5 next month, at least for me.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Nice, glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy your new Xbox :-) Definitely lots to love with Game Pass Ultimate. The biggest thing to look forward to at the moment is Gears 5 next month, at least for me.
Funny thing actually, I legit bought one earlier....no games yet cause I'm taking a REALLY big gamble here, but I bought one that was not working/for parts for $30 on ebay, gonna find a power supply asap, and then figure out what's wrong, fix it, get Halo Mcc(would get 5 but I'm in a s-redacted-y situation with my net so Mcc will have to do for now), and go from there. And Im looking forward to gears 5 too, Idk when I'll get it though.