Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Bad Requesitions

OP Voidz6099

I bought 2 of the greatest hit Req packs from the Xbox store, was all excited to see what armor I’d get and ended up only getting 2 visor colors which are Rex and Saturine which look too similar to it all. I know you guys probably don’t want to listen to my problems but is this common?
I can’t say. I didn’t buy any REQ packs beyond the special packs that came with my pre-ordered purchase of the legendary edition of Halo 5. I’ve earned or was gifted everything else since then and I believe I have every purchasable item that can be found within a purchasable pack; at least, outside the HCS team specific packs.
Quote:
This Greatest Hits Customization REQ Pack unlocks five permanent REQs selected from visual customizations most frequently equipped by Spartans who have them – all of them Ultra Rare or better rarity, if available*. Usable in Arena, Warzone, and Warzone Firefight game modes, these visual REQs include weapon skins, armors, helmets, and even assassinations!
You mention you only got 2 visors, that may be because you have the other items in the packs already? Or you also received other cosmetic items that weren’t armour such as weapon skins, assassinations etc.
Like the pack description above mentions; you get 5 permanent unlocks per pack from a pool of items. You aren’t actually guaranteed to get armour from them.

Considering you’re a fairly lower level you probably haven’t unlocked most items which would mean the chance of getting armour would be slightly lower because there would be more skins, visors, assassinations to unlock as well as armour on top of that. Just bad luck of the draw.
Speciality packs are a total waste of points/money. They contain nothing that you can't get eventually just from opening the regular packs. It's best to just open silvers till you get points back instead of unlocks and then open gold's.
Voidz6099 wrote:
I bought 2 of the greatest hit Req packs from the Xbox store, was all excited to see what armor I’d get and ended up only getting 2 visor colors which are Rex and Saturine which look too similar to it all. I know you guys probably don’t want to listen to my problems but is this common?
I think the problem with buying a REQ with real money like any microtransaction is to make you keep buying more and more until you get something better, I highly recommend buying the REQs with the REQ points that you get using increases. Usually you earn more in Warzone. Spend them with the gold ones. The Master Control would not know if they are worth it or not. But I've seen better things turn out
Master Control Pack? Definitely NOT worth it. It is still possible to get the Master Control skins from Silver Packs, but the Blue Team armors like Centurion, Argus, Hermes, and Mark IV GEN1? I really had to burn myself out just to get the full Centurion armor set from the Blue Team Pack in early 2019. At least it was worth it mainly because the Centurion GEN2 armor set is my favorite. But other than that, it's best to simply spend your REQ points on Silver Packs and then Gold Packs, although it does take a long time. If you really want 100% on the vehicles, feel free to repeatedly buy Bronze Packs until the last few Common vehicle certifications show up. That's what I did recently.