Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Banned for 1 suicide

OP mansonfan1992

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've been playing all after noon and last match I was in I shot rocket launcher and killed myself. How did I get banned for that?
I seriously just did a match were I harry carried 5 suicides 2 betrayals. The game is fixed it doesn't matter what you do as long as you do it when they want you to.
You appear to have quit some games too. You get banned for that as well.
Could be your 5 dnfs in 24 hours too
So one suicide equals 3 hour ban?
3 quits and a suicide equal 3 hour ban
quits appear to be the heaviest of ban hammer offenses
That's probably it. Internet is getting worked on so it keep logging out. Thanks for the answers
Nice thread OP
What else gets u banned
Milkcheeze wrote:
I know right?! I guess 343 wants people to stay in games and put up with getting wrecked and smack talked upon and if anyone doesn't take the loss in a match and then quit to escape the embarrassing defeat, that person gets ban hammered without much of a warning. Well if this regulation doesn't cause a BIG decline in player population then I don't know what will but pretty soon, H5 will go the way 4 did in player population due to BS bans and all.
Ecua 2016 wrote:
Milkcheeze wrote:
I know right?! I guess 343 wants people to stay in games and put up with getting wrecked and smack talked upon and if anyone doesn't take the loss in a match and then quit to escape the embarrassing defeat, that person gets ban hammered without much of a warning. Well if this regulation doesn't cause a BIG decline in player population then I don't know what will but pretty soon, H5 will go the way 4 did in player population due to BS bans and all.
Its a competitive game. If you cant handle the smack talk turn off the mic. Are you really this fragile? Quitting is not a BS ban. The rest of us are enjoying all the quitter tears.

Endeavor to lose with dignity. Be the best player on the losing team if you have to.
Ecua 2016 wrote:
Milkcheeze wrote:
Fo reals i'll personally kill my own team, in the words of master chief himself "Asset Denial", before I let the enemy wreck mine. Personally I think population goes down in FPS faster than RPGs due to the fact that they are pumping them out with less content and usually stop making content after only 6 months from release.
Ecua 2016 wrote:
Milkcheeze wrote:
Grow up. The rest of us who actually stay in the games we start, are the ones suffering ten fold when our teammates quit out. Tea bagging, trash talk, and getting beaten don't bother me nearly as much as teammates who quit because they can't take it.
Im fine about people quitting and getting an hour or 2 banned but the 7 day ban is crazy. I played a doubles match with my friend he said he disconnected from. So naturally i leave to que back up with him only to receive a ludicrous ban.
Spinkick wrote:
Ecua 2016 wrote:
Milkcheeze wrote:
Its a competitive game. If you cant handle the smack talk turn off the mic. Are you really this fragile? Quitting is not a BS ban. The rest of us are enjoying all the quitter tears.

Endeavor to lose with dignity. Be the best player on the losing team if you have to.
Thank you.

In every ban thread this guy you quoted shows up and says something along the lines of "well if you were getting beat you would quit too right?"

No. I stay in the game and dont ruin everyone esles game. Seriously dude man up and take your whooping. Its halo that will happen sometimes. You cant win every game.
Ecua 2016 wrote:
Milkcheeze wrote:
First people complain about people who quit and that the banhammer should be more strict. Now they did that. People like you are now complaining about the banhammer being too strict.
Just get out already.
Ecua 2016 wrote:
Milkcheeze wrote:
Soo, enlighten us how usual this wrecking and smack talking is. Because if you and a whole lot of other players quit enough games to deserve a ban, there's a whole lot of smack talking players out there using their time to actually send you messages. How many of all those DNF games you have were like this? You're talking about qutting while losing, so it must be something you practice, and most DNFs are actually that, you don't do as well as your team mates and opponents. Did all these matches have players that belittled you constantly? They made it their mission to target specifically you?

Did I perhaps get lucky with my few high rank games and not play against these supposed smack talkers?

Then again, if this is a high ranking player issue, and you're getting regular beatings from them. How about, instead of going hot around the ears about a system in place to reduce quitting, ask for a stricter matching system? Or perhaps the ability to derank to lower divisions so you don't end up against all these players? Your issue is with the ranking and matching system then, not the actual ban hammer.
STAR PONY wrote:
Im fine about people quitting and getting an hour or 2 banned but the 7 day ban is crazy. I played a doubles match with my friend he said he disconnected from. So naturally i leave to que back up with him only to receive a ludicrous ban.
I feel you I just got my first ban for idling in warzone and it's 7 days long
Halo 5 isn't joking around with players joking around. These punishments weren't in Halo 4, right?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2