Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Banned... Utter rubbish

OP Musiha

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was quite happily destroying people on swat with my friends when my doorbell rings so as I would have to I had to go downstairs and sign for a delivery I was downstairs no more then 2 minutes when I come back up I'm kicked for inactivity that's fair enough you know just kick me out the game let someone who's there at the time play that's fine but after that I then get a big red thing across my screen saying "the ban hammer strikes" 1 that's so god damn ignorant this game costs me £60 not too much money but enough to complain about so I've paid £60 to be able to play this game the campaign is a huge let down and not gripping in anyway so I'm not going to sit and play that so instead I'm sitting in a lobby waiting for this stupid ban to come off I don't know how long it's going to be but I'll tell you something see your crappy ban hammer stick it where the sun don't shine bloody hard eared money spent on a game that bans me for going to get a delivery from my front door
Out of 17 matches, only 2 DNF's. That shouldn't call for the need of the ban hammer. So yeah, that's pretty crappy.

But trust me, the vulgarity of your post isn't going to do you favors here.
You lot always play the "I payed for this game" card. We all did!
You agreed to the terms when you searched in Arena. Either finish the game or accept your punishment.
your team lost by one kill, one of many kills you sustained while your character was pointlessly doing nothing.

You must have the longest signature known to man if it took you two minutes to complete it.
Spoyle wrote:
You agreed to the terms when you searched in Arena. Either finish the game or accept your punishment.
your team lost by one kill, one of many kills you sustained while your character was pointlessly doing nothing.

You must have the longest signature known to man if it took you two minutes to complete it.
Nah man, -Yoink- happens. One or two match DNF's shouldn't be given a punishment. If OP was more consistent with quitting or AFK'ing for several matches, then I'd agree.
Spoyle wrote:

Nah man, -Yoink- happens. One or two match DNF's shouldn't be given a punishment. If OP was more consistent with quitting or AFK'ing for several matches, then I'd agree.
I'd rather people just completed their games than sitting calculating how to cheat the system with quitting unpunished. It should be one leave and you get banned, and the ban should multiply each time you do it. The level of quitting in this game is a joke.
Man, I want to know how I haven't been banned. I've quit my fair share, and I've been disconnected more times I can count, but I've never been banned...

This ban system just seems so broken. Will will 343 figure that out?
I got DC'd last night and got off angrily and came back the next day to find that my rank went down 1. And yet -Yoinking!- people still think the ban times should be more harsher.
Spoyle wrote:
Spoyle wrote:

I'd rather people just completed their games than sitting calculating how to cheat the system with quitting unpunished. It should be one leave and you get banned, and the ban should multiply each time you do it. The level of quitting in this game is a joke.
two out of seventeen matches DNF spread throughout several days isnt quite cheating the system.

A few days ago there was a poster who had like seven DNF's in a row. That's worth a ban or two. This however isnt.
Out of 17 matches, only 2 DNF's. That shouldn't call for the need of the ban hammer. So yeah, that's pretty crappy.

The OP stated he got booted for being AFK, perhaps the hammer is more severe to those that are AFK.
I got DC'd last night and got off angrily and came back the next day to find that my rank went down 1. And yet -Yoinking!- people still think the ban times should be more harsher.
The ranking system is very harsh indeed to people who quit, and it sucks a lot how bad net counts as "quitting" as well. There needs to be improvements on how the deranking works from having your net disconnect too. Personally, I've dropped down a lot of rank due to bad net and it gets really frustrating :x
The banning is so touchy. I have around 10+ DNF's and I have never been banned once.
eviltedi wrote:

The OP stated he got booted for being AFK, perhaps the hammer is more severe to those that are AFK.
When you AFK long enough, it boots you from the match which still technically ends up as a DNF.
But you're probably right. Maybe a afk DNF leads to a harsher sentence than a rage quit/disconnected DNF.
How about instead of ban hammering people for idling how about you give the team option to vote kick? Hit x or b to confirm kick or deny kick? It works in csgo quite well! And trust me, I hate leavers and AFKers more than anybody!!! I say if you leave your keyboard or mouse while playing a comp game you should get a 12 hour ban and if it happens more than 5 times than 1 week ban, followed by 1 month ban, well that's how it works for csgo... And the matches are up to an hour long so that's why that system works. As for halo I say just give the player the vote kick option, because if your running a party of 4 or 5 in ranked on halo your not gonna kick your buddie who is signing for a package for a few mins, so no biggie. But if your running solo and you afk, you can get kicked and receive a stiff penalties thanks to your team who hates afks (like myself lol). Plus the matches are very fast, so banning for all is a little extreme, for this game, especially if the players in the game have no say in if the player gets kicked or not! Just my thought c:
Vote to kick is a horrible, horrible idea to even consider implementing in Halo. That would get trolled and abused so hard.

How do I know? My friends are -Yoinks!- and we would troll each other to hell and back with that.

Spoiler:
Show
Vote to kick is a horrible, horrible idea to even consider implementing in Halo. That would get trolled and abused so hard.

How do I know? My friends are -Yoinks!- and we would troll each other to hell and back with that.

Spoiler:
Show

Can confirm. I am a "-Yoinks!-".
RhysWX wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

Strangely enough, L4D was the first thing that came to mind for how that would be a bad idea.
RhysWX wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

Strangely enough, L4D was the first thing that came to mind for how that would be a bad idea.
It's so bad and so easy to abuse in that game. And we will happily spend hours trolling the daylights out of each other.

Never mind randoms...
How about instead of ban hammering people for idling how about you give the team option to vote kick? Hit x or b to confirm kick or deny kick? It works in csgo quite well! And trust me, I hate leavers and AFKers more than anybody!!! I say if you leave your keyboard or mouse while playing a comp game you should get a 12 hour ban and if it happens more than 5 times than 1 week ban, followed by 1 month ban, well that's how it works for csgo... And the matches are up to an hour long so that's why that system works. As for halo I say just give the player the vote kick option, because if your running a party of 4 or 5 in ranked on halo your not gonna kick your buddie who is signing for a package for a few mins, so no biggie. But if your running solo and you afk, you can get kicked and receive a stiff penalties thanks to your team who hates afks (like myself lol). Plus the matches are very fast, so banning for all is a little extreme, for this game, especially if the players in the game have no say in if the player gets kicked or not! Just my thought c:
It mainly works in CS:GO because the AFK player is replaced by a bot - slightly better than an AFK. The vote to kick could work well, but you only should have the option to do so if the offending player has team killed or something, otherwise people would get trolled a lot.
RhysWX wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

It's so bad and so easy to abuse in that game. And we will happily spend hours trolling the daylights out of each other.

Never mind randoms...
Every few minutes a vote to kick comes up.

On each other.
I smell something fishy. You won't get booted for inactivity in the time it takes to go downstairs and sign for a package unless you live in a palace or a castle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2