Battle of Noctus so broken not even funny

OP nekrulz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
seriously who at 343 had the brilliant idea to put a grunt goblin INTO the monument?And on top of that it helps the enemy team capturing the monument by holding their capture progress when no one of the enemy team is in the monument anymore. That even outshines the horribly op banshees and mantisse.
I wouldn't say it's ruined bu it is a pain, on the bright side of the enemy team has the monument you can sit back and shoot from the sides to get kills while they are distracted with the goblin.
What? Well I take as a great oppurtinity and buy an Ad Victoriam and blow everyone to hell!
Warden657 wrote:
What? Well I take as a great oppurtinity and buy an Ad Victoriam and blow everyone to hell!
I've done this many times on both sides. Having that to defend the monument is a god send and when attacking all you need to do is wait for the enemy to get distracted with either allies running in headlong or the goblin then let the rockets do the rest. Got a killtacular a few times that way.
Agreed OP. Boss refresh didn't turn out as great as we had hoped
The bosses were fine before the update. I've played probably less than 5 matches of regular warzone since firefight dropped.
Boss refresh seems to have turned into bosses ignored. So many games I've played people don't even bother with them. Point reduction/placement changes makes them not worth the effort.
I liked the boss refresh

I think the whole point is to change teams positioning your not meant to be held up in one place the entire game.

For me I normally defend the centre if we own it when the boss comes cause I just stay in cover from the boss and I take out the enemy who is distracted by the boss.

But im more into there being low point bosses I don't think it should go any higher than 100.

I think bosses should always be about changing up the teams positions and any spots people would try to camp should be interfered and they are in some maps at least once but not enough I don't think.
Noctus was my favorite, but it's a total mess now. I wouldn't call it broken, but there are WAY too many AI to deal with now. It needs an adjustment. Those mantis' are ridiculous and most people don't even mess with them anymore. They just sit there the entire game cross mapping people. lol
Noctus was my favorite, but it's a total mess now. I wouldn't call it broken, but there are WAY too many AI to deal with now. It needs an adjustment. Those mantis' are ridiculous and most people don't even mess with them anymore. They just sit there the entire game cross mapping people. lol
It goes the same way for the grunt goblin on the beach on apex 7
Boss refresh seems to have turned into bosses ignored. So many games I've played people don't even bother with them. Point reduction/placement changes makes them not worth the effort.
^ This. I hardly ever see anyone focusing on boss targets unless they directly contest a base, and twenty-five points can be earned by a coordinated team in less than a minute.
343 ruining good things? That's never happened before... your crazy OP.
Spoiler:
Show
I hated that map from the start. But adding op ais might be a good idea after all.
You see, I was playing with my friends and some of us were farmers and they didn't seem to like the map because the ai is too strong. They wanted to core the enemy team this time. All because of the ai. I think they are there to prevent farming.
I mean in theroy it sounded like a good idea. Disrupt the team that's in the lead with a boss.
I home screen everytime that map shows up in Warzone. I despise that map with a passion
It goes the same way for the grunt goblin on the beach on apex 7
True that! It's rare anyone even bothers to try and take him out. lol
I actually had one game where we trip capped a team and didn't bother with bosses at all while they kept pushing back and eventually took a base back. At this point there were so many bosses in play that you couldn't walk out of either armory or the fortress (this was on Darkstar) without getting mowed down in less than a second. Wraith bosses on both sides firing all over the place, a mantis, a couple warthogs driving around, a knight in colony, ect. The game basically crawled to a standstill while both teams tried to weed out some of the bosses. It was pretty funny actually.
Just wanted to give an update on Noctus. There are changes coming based on all of your feedback. I wanted to get them into Anvil's Legacy, but there wasn't quite enough time. All of your Noctus is broken and who would be so stupid to put a Grunt in the Monument (*raises hand in terror*) have been heard.
agreed OP banshees, best you can do now is core the enemy to avoid that pain
Lol, I was gonna mention that it was Darkstar, but he already replied.

IMO, I think the two Mantis bosses are worse. They're too tanky and they ruin the flow of the map since they mow down anything that gets in their sightlines which can be 95% of the map.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5