Battle Rifle Tuning for BTB and Warzone

OP l3ackdraft

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Hello Unyshek, community leaders, and 343. I want to preface this long needed update by saying I have played H5 since launch day through all the updates and weapon tunes. I'm sure this isn't a new subject however it is becoming more apparent that the BATTLE RIFLE needs to be retuned for BIG TEAM BATTLE and possibly Warzone. I understand for the most part why the BR was tuned to not be as accurate and as powerful from a distance..... for ARENA. Arena has a consistent weapon which we all know is the pistol, which lets face it your either good or our not wit it. Aside from the occasional yet Unintentional blank shot the pistol is reliable. The BR in its current state is extremely inconsistent in BTB because of how the big the maps are for one and because players are getting screwed over for being accurate and good with the BR. There are already videos explaining why the updated BR made the weapon virtually useless. In arena why use a weapon where not every burst hits its target when you can use a tired and true pistol? However in BTB, the community is forced to play large maps with a weapon that even if you hit all four shots there is a strong chance you wont A) get a perfect and B) may die to a less talented player because their BR bursts hit instead of yours. The BR is too inconsistent for a playlist where your primary weapon has such random recoil that only 2/3 of a burst hits even when on target. Making long range fights winnable just a random stroke of luck even I both opponents are accurate.

Now my proposed solution after speaking to all the Major teams that still play BTB, we are please asking could you consider a quick hot fix for BTB and possibly Warzone by:
A)Taking out recoil.
B) increase the range of the BR effectiveness by 30%.
C) A compromise that the BR could function exactly how it did before the weapon tune at short to medium range engagements and keep it the way it is now for longer range fights.
D)If possible just reverting back the changes completely giving us the pre weapon tuning BR( most to all of in the BTB community would prefer that)

I completely understand why these changes were made however I truly feel that the changes were made with ARENA as to the focus. BTB needs a consistent weapon with consistent mechanics(at least Halo 3 had leading shots that one could master). Most of us agree that the BR shouldn't be a Laser across maps or long distance but please consider fixing this so that good players and teams don't get screwed over by inconsistent mechanics. I'm open to recommendations but id really like to get this fixed for community. We would all appreciate is very much, and would also bring old players back that left after the weapon tuning update. Make the BR a skilled weapon again, you either can hit your shots or you cant. Not like random bloom were an average to below average player can get lucky. Also I say possibly Warzone because the normal BR isn't very useful many will just opt for the more consistent H2 BR or just a better weapon or version of the BR. This would be a huge positive with nothing to lose in such a small community, if anything it would make it fun again. Thank you for your consideration.

-Love the BTB Community
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I agree with this. Please listen Unyshek.
Agree! Great explanation of what we're all hoping for.
I also agree with this we would all love it
Agreed, we need the BR back for btb! Our community is small, most people that solely play btb all know each other. We constantly talk about this issue. Would love a tweak to bring the BR back.
Agreed, tired of the current BR, its trash
I agree as well, the BR needs to be a skilled weapon again.
I agree🐔
There definitely needs to be a more consistent weapon in BTB as the BR has random spread on it now. You actually get punished for aiming at the head with this current BR. I like some of the suggestions above for possible fixes, but since I know the sandbox team for 343 is focusing on the next Halo, there are some quick fixes for BTB specifically that could improve the playlist without changing any of the game's actual mechanics. The first option is to put the magnum as the starting weapon in BTB. We put both weapons as your loadout for custom games and the magnum actually performed better than the BR on BTB maps without being an overpowered laser like the original BR was and it was consistent. Another possible solution is to make the BR with stabilized jets from warzone the loadout BR instead of the regular BR. This seems like a good compromise as it reduces the recoil, making shots more consistent, and it doesn't have the really long aim assist range that the original BR had. These are both easy fixes that could be done just by changing the 4 BTB gametypes secondary weapon setting. The stabilized jets BR is preferred, but I am sure most players will settle with anything with consistency. As l3ackdraft said, the tuning update was focused on Arena without any consideration for BTB it feels like. It appears Halo Infinite is at least a year away, and we just want consistency and a good time in our favorite playlist while we anxiously wait for the next title. PLEASE hear us on this.

-Anion
Good post, to bad its like talking to a wall.. They don't listing
I will admit that I have heard all the arguments that I’m wasting time but if we are gonna be stuck here for another year to two years maybe longer before we get Halo Infinite I need to try with the communities help. If we all atleast take a minute to like the post agree add simple suggestions and tweet to the people that matter. Maybe just maybe they will listen to hundreds of players that still play their game when obviously there isn’t that many players to begin with. Just trying to be optimistic. I personally don’t think I and many other players can last years more before they fix this.
I agree as well I would love the old BR to come back please 😀😀😀
The problem with making the BR a laser again is that it stagnates gameplay on certain maps (Deadlock especially) and makes the DMR and Lightrifle redundant in the weapon sandbox (which I think was one of the catalysts for the weapon tuning).

If you want to get rid of less talented players winning fights you should be arguing for the removal/limitation of vehicles.

I believe your post would have more clout if you weren't all in the same company.
The problem with making the BR a laser again is that it stagnates gameplay on certain maps (Deadlock especially) and makes the DMR and Lightrifle redundant in the weapon sandbox (which I think was one of the catalysts for the weapon tuning).

If you want to get rid of less talented players winning fights you should be arguing for the removal/limitation of vehicles.

I believe your post would have more clout if you weren't all in the same company.
You misunderstand, we don't want the BR to be a laser. We just want it to be consistent. As mentioned above, if you leave the aim assist distance the same, but make the shots more consistent it will not be a laser. Maps like Deadlock are stagnant anyways with the Hydra, Plasma Pistol, and Carbine on the map.
My hours playing halo would be considerably better if you brought back the old BR. I love you guys
I agree with this. Please do!
I agree with the players in this forum. I’ve been around since Halo 2 and have seen changes to the BR over the years. I personally thought you had it right when Halo 5 came out. Thus, this conversation is relevant. Please listen and address our growing concerns. Thank you.
I doubt 343 would change the BR, they don't care about the BTB community! Too bad... the change didn't make any sense, even in 4v4 LOL it just made the Light Rifle godly. Rebalance the BR! If not, at least get it right for H6....
Support. Modern BR is incredibly inconsistent and frustrating to use, especially since it negates (almost) the ability to solo multiple players at once because of random spread, therefore you don't have full control over your aim. The Br on launch was amazing. It's made the skill gap feel so very weird.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7