Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Battle Rifle Tuning for BTB and Warzone

OP l3ackdraft

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
Bring back the original H5 BR if tuning is gonna cause more issues. BAM instant fix
dopesolja wrote:
eLantern wrote:
  • BIG TEAM STRONGHOLDS:
K/D: 1.13
K/G: 12.98
Win%: 51.8%

  • BIG TEAM SLAYER
K/D: 1.32
K/G: 11.94
Win%: 59.1%

  • BIG TEAM CTF
K/D: 1.28
K/G: 16.18
Win% 52.7%

  • BIG TEAM ASSAULT
K/D: 1.66
K/G: 22.20
Win%: 20.0%
Embarrassing stats.
Dude you guys are almost always a full 8. It is so easy to have boosted stats when you are with a team.

The notion that statistics make your point more valid is ridiculous, so let's stay on topic.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'd like it changed, but it's a lost cause at this point for any more weapon tuning.
dopesolja wrote:
eLantern wrote:
  • BIG TEAM STRONGHOLDS:
K/D: 1.13
K/G: 12.98
Win%: 51.8%

  • BIG TEAM SLAYER
K/D: 1.32
K/G: 11.94
Win%: 59.1%

  • BIG TEAM CTF
K/D: 1.28
K/G: 16.18
Win% 52.7%

  • BIG TEAM ASSAULT
K/D: 1.66
K/G: 22.20
Win%: 20.0%
Embarrassing stats.
Dude you guys are almost always a full 8. It is so easy to have boosted stats when you are with a team.
This is false. We can't search together because of MMR. Had a hard time finding games last night with only 3 of us searching. Back to the topic, however; when we mention random spread/ recoil, we are referring to the fact that if you have your reticle on the enemy player's head while battling them, you will most likely have to shoot 5 times to kill them even if you are on target every shot. This is due to the spread of the BR and not the full burst hitting the enemy. This is not Halo 3 where we have to lead shots, frankly it would be impossible to lead shots with the randomness of thrust in this game. I understand that 343 wants the pistol to be the main gun in arena, but in BTB the BR is (supposedly) the main weapon, and we just want headshots to kill people when they are one shot instead of having to shoot 2 when they are one shot in the head.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I mean, I would love to be proved wrong, but it just seems like a long shot with that statement ske7ch made with future updates and weapon tuning. I think a quick tune and make it limited to just BTB could be doable though at the least and I'll throw WZ in there since I saw Wasp's post.
We need the original Halo 5 Battle Rife to come back into the game. I don't want 343 to try another weapon tuning on the weapon and it mess it up even more... 343's track record with weapon tuning updates goes like this.
- H5 BR (nerfed it & destroyed the weapon)
- Carbine (nerfed it & made it unusable) - changed it back
- DMR (nerfed it & made it unusable) - changed it back
- Banshee (nerfed the flipping & made it a flying piece of dog meat)

And if 343 won't bring back the old H5 BR at the very least make the starting utility weapon the H2 BR or the Tactical Magnum in BTB.

Also update the awful BTB maps... Dispelled, Port Authority, Risen etc.. yuck.
If we are a very long way from infinite's release then at least bring back the original BR to at least keep population. 343 already pushed away many players with the weapon tuning and warzone changes that no body asked for. If H5 BR is already bad enough then I do not want Infinite's BR to be the same.

343 listen to the community, we want the good old BR back. Period.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
New BR isn't fun to play with, enough said. Something has to be done.
l3ackdraft wrote:
Hello Unyshek, community leaders, and 343.
...
-Love the BTB Community
Hey l3ackdraft - thank you for speaking up and sharing your opinion!

Weapon tuning changes like the A, B, C, & D options you mentioned above would require a content update, which requires a lot of different key teams from the studio to build out, test, and implement. Since all of these teams have shifted focus towards Halo Infinite, there are no currently plans to release any additional content updates for Halo 5. While I never say never, unfortunately this means that any additional weapon tuning is not currently in our plans.

However, your plea has not fallen on deaf ears. After a quick chat with H5's Sustain Team to see if there were any other options we could consider, we wanted to ask you and the community to consider some other options:
  1. Replace the Battle Rifle with Battle Rifle (Stabilization Jets) to reduce recoil
  2. Replace the Battle Rifle with the Pistol, which has also been a fairly common request
While I can't promise anything, I can reassure you that we are listening and looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you again for reaching out, and please let us know what you think!
Please bring back the Halo br the way it was please please please
Bring back the original be before the retune.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Plasmacy wrote:
eLantern wrote:
...
In regards to your stats (no matter how bad they may be), you're not posting the right numbers. I looked thru your profile and saw that you have under 80 games played in each of the BTB gametypes. l3ackdraft has over 100 games played in each gametype AT LEAST. Not only that, he is one of the top 5 players in BTB this season alone, as shown here by Josh Menke.

So while the statistics that you post show the actual changed numbers, you can't put how a weapon feels into numbers. This is the problem with the argument that you are presenting. l3ackdraft plays high-level BTB, and while it is a social playlist, it can still be played competitively. I'm guessing that you play BTB to have a social/casual time, not a competitive time (correct me if I'm wrong). Those who play competitively notice the inconsistency in every match whereas those who are playing socially/casually tend to focus more on having a good time than winning.

Now yes, the current BR is better than what it used to be after the patch, but just because something works, doesn't mean you should not improve it! While most, if not all, of the competitive BTB community is asking for longer RRR and reduced recoil, I propose that all that is needed is a simple recoil or aim assist buff. That gets the best of both BRs
My BTB mode stats that I posted are what's reflected within HaloTracker. It's possible they may be off by a little bit from what can be viewed here on Waypoint. I didn't bother to verify between the two. I only posted them because l3ackdraft's comments regarding my stats were meant to devalue my responses on this topic. I did not post them because I felt they would bring any additional merit or weight to what I said previously (they don't).

While the comments of l3ackdraft and other such top players (within the BTB community) should be given perhaps a little more merit/weight than a middling semi-casual player like myself based on their vast amount of experience within the playlist it also doesn't automatically mean that what they're communicating is gospel; especially, when it lacks a basic comprehension of the facts. This is why I chimed-in to begin with. l3ackdraft was making some incorrect statements. He also is attempting to speak on behalf of all upper level BTB players which is absolute nonsense.

As for how I self-identify within Halo I've always seen myself as a "competitive" player because I always try-hard to win regardless of the environment, but admittedly it's in a fairly casual manner. Winning is the "fun" aspect for me which is why I prioritize it as my goal in every match. However, since I'm not consumed to spend my time mastering every skillful technique (which also relates to my willingness to stick with the default control scheme instead of something more suitable for high level game-play) or to work on my aim in my free time or to only play with a group of specific players or to fully master the game's spawning system or to memorize every single map call-out area I know I'm going to be perceived by many as a "casual" player and that's okay too.

I feel as if you've missed an important post by me. I also feel that the H5BR requires improvement and I lay out exactly how I think it should be improved; whether that's by a simple fix like Long-Barrel or [maybe] Stabilization Jets or ideally something more involved like a new tuning adjustment. The problem here is that while I respect those who are capable of reaching the highest levels of competitive play they often exhibit a sense of elitism over others who may not 100% agree with their assessments. Also, the numbers you say that can't produce a sense of feel is somewhat inaccurate. I say that because the numbers that drive the weapon's design are directly responsible for the subjective feel that we all experience.
Unyshek wrote:
l3ackdraft wrote:
Hello Unyshek, community leaders, and 343.
...
-Love the BTB Community
Hey l3ackdraft - thank you for speaking up and sharing your opinion!

Weapon tuning changes like the A, B, C, & D options you mentioned above would require a content update, which requires a lot of different key teams from the studio to build out, test, and implement. Since all of these teams have shifted focus towards Halo Infinite, there are no currently plans to release any additional content updates for Halo 5. While I never say never, unfortunately this means that any additional weapon tuning is not currently in our plans.

However, your plea has not fallen on deaf ears. After a quick chat with H5's Sustain Team to see if there were any other options we could consider, we wanted to ask you and the community to consider some other options:
  1. Replace the Battle Rifle with Battle Rifle (Stabilization Jets) to reduce recoil
  2. Replace the Battle Rifle with the Pistol, which has also been a fairly common request
While I can't promise anything, I can reassure you that we are listening and looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you again for reaching out, and please let us know what you think!
I would pick the the first option: Battle Rifle (Stabilization Jets) 100%.

I’ve played with this BR variant in Warzone post Overtime update, it feels a lot better than the current BR used for the playlist.
Unyshek wrote:
l3ackdraft wrote:
Hello Unyshek, community leaders, and 343.
...
-Love the BTB Community
Hey l3ackdraft - thank you for speaking up and sharing your opinion!

Weapon tuning changes like the A, B, C, & D options you mentioned above would require a content update, which requires a lot of different key teams from the studio to build out, test, and implement. Since all of these teams have shifted focus towards Halo Infinite, there are no currently plans to release any additional content updates for Halo 5. While I never say never, unfortunately this means that any additional weapon tuning is not currently in our plans.

However, your plea has not fallen on deaf ears. After a quick chat with H5's Sustain Team to see if there were any other options we could consider, we wanted to ask you and the community to consider some other options:
  1. Replace the Battle Rifle with Battle Rifle (Stabilization Jets) to reduce recoil
  2. Replace the Battle Rifle with the Pistol, which has also been a fairly common request
While I can't promise anything, I can reassure you that we are listening and looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you again for reaching out, and please let us know what you think!
Option #3: Long Barrel. Replace the Battle Rifle with the Battle Rifle (Long Barrel) to specifically increase its hip-fire RRR (it would also increase its ADS RRR) while maintaining the effective drop-off outside of those ranges.

My concern with the Stabilization Jets [Recon] H5BR replacing the basic [Recon] H5BR is that (1) it doesn't increase the hip-fire RRR where I believe the H5BR needs its biggest adjustment and (2) it may prevent the H5BR from maintaining enough of an effectiveness drop-off outside of its RRR distances. This could potentially take us back to making the weapon too "easy" to use at all ranges which is why it was nerfed in the first place. Not saying it would or wouldn't only that it's a concern worth investigating before choosing it as the best option. Nevertheless, I like it better than having the Magnum as the default loadout option within the BTB playlist as it's nice to have a specific location where the BR is treated as the primary loadout option. This also is not to say that I don’t like having the standard Magnum as the default loadout option in just about every playlist because I do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7