Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Be honest. Do you have fun when you play this?

OP Lil Boy Crispy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
H5 was fun in some ways. Super fiesta was fun, action sack had some fun games, (husky raid and ground pound arena, snowball fight, to name a few) but to get to the good games between the crappy games(rifball, battlegolf(to many trolls for it to be fun) mantis breakout, mintotaurs)... Heroic warzone firefight was kinda fun but to yoinking repetitive. In face warzone in general was way to easy to predict when and where bosses and enemy spawn and you can outright ignore them if you want to.

H5 just plays so competitive arena wise. It literally would raise my blood pressure. I am enjoying MCC. The relaunch so to speak has been pretty good. Easier to enjoy Halo in a less stress style of play not to mention they awesome feeling of nostalgia from back in the day.
I still like this game alot. The fact that most matches are super sweaty kind of stinks for me. I try custom games occasionally but for some reason the lobby will freeze up when we have more than 10 people and we end the game? I really like warzone but there are alot of issues in my opinion. It could definitely work on the player and vehicle spawning, and balance. By balance i mean the obvious spawn camping that occurs.
I play about a hundred Quickplay matches a week and they're mostly fun - so yes. I wish the three maps for Quickplay would change up every now and then to at least include Mercy.
Halo 5 multiplayer is one of the best I've played so far. While it has its short comings, glitches in warzone and crazy competitive social matches, I still find it enjoyable. Although I will say that the req's and massive customizable armor unlocks leave me with a feeling of nausea after playing to level 113 and still not having the 1 armor/helmet set I want, we soldier on. The actual gameplay mechanics and player movement options are the best to date and while I am nowhere close to being a good player I still enjoy powering it up and throwing down with the best of em'.
Cheers!
I have more fun playing with at least 1 other person compared to playing solo myself. But in general, I do have fun. For me, what makes the game not fun are the randoms I usually end up playing with. I got over the "abilities" (I prefer OG Halo games unless they make the maps much bigger to accommodate the sprint) a little bit ago but I do enjoy myself when I play. Usually.
Not really fun...
I still do, except when someone spartan charge me when Im trying to shoot them.
As an independent game developer I respect their attempt at an improved input handling scheme: but Halo 5's look/aim mechanics just aren't transparent and come across as a bug when your controller unexpectedly doesn't rotate your character's head at the same speed (for any reason).

The aim assist being very magnetic is fine, it could even feel good. Adding sprinting wouldn't have chased anyone away, and most people would love the game modes: somebody will be playing the game until there are a dozen people left; very few console games have an open lobby browser.

That alone makes it one of the coolest shooters on the Xbox... But without the ability to play with a friend, the whole thing just loses some of its appeal. Destiny is also single player... but curiously neither of my controllers (though worn) are "broken" for that game: and people will talk to each other because the game is hard which is way more fun than playing Halo with nobody to talk to because nothing in the game motivates people to.

It seems like they've figured out what sells games, attracts people to them, and keeps people around them (custom lobby browser hello)- and right now we're witnessing an era where the crews who -Yoink- up the least basically live the longest.

So yeah a lot of people will be -Yoink--talking Halo 6 if it rolls around, but I'm optimistic for Halo to be a sleeper hit again. I think bringing split-screen back could get them a lot of attention.
I enjoy it, I am still fairly new mind you. I just wished I had a solid group of friends to play with, that’s what these kinds of games are built on. Friends can make an “alright” game feel amazing. All my friends are on the ps4, I was the only one to own both lol.

cheers,
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3