Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Been away from Arena, what happened to the balance

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Before the weapon tuning every weapon was pretty much viable in every situation. The BR was op, two shot melee with the DMR (which felt like a stronger pistol) was also strong, and the smg just shredded. But that was the point of the tuning, to have the weapons have their own designated roles in the sandbox. You have certain weapons that will put preform others if said weapon is being used in it’s designated role. In Crossmap gunfights, the Dmr feels like it’s acting like it should. It feels more like a rifle than a stronger magnum, and the dmr will most likely win those crossmap gunfights. LR is still super strong and is viable mid-close range and can contend with the pistol and dmr/carbine. Carbine is also another weapon that excels at long range, but not so much close. Yes the pistol is a very strong weapon, but part of why it feels so strong, imo, is cuz it’s the most mastered and used. Most ppl just have more play time with the magnum and more practice. And also I don’t really get why ppl don’t like the H5 ar. Lol y’all sleepn on the AR, the AR can put in work up close. If you get five shotted with your ar out, you got done in, but burst fire and aim for the head and an AR is very strong, from my experience anyway. All in all, yes the Magnum dominant and strong in H5, and every halo before had their own dominant weapon. H3s trash BR was the standard, you ain’t see no one picking up a carbine in H2/3or a Neddle rifle in HR. In H5 I’ve never been more inclined to pick up another weapon other than my primary than in any other halo. Ppl have to atleast agree on that. Btw yes after the op br was nerfed it became unusable. It takes too long to set up your shots for a perfect and sometimes feels week, but when I do hit those perfects I felt like I had to have more skill in that gunfight to win.
PS if I addressed something that was already addressed, my b. Didn’t read the entire thread.
LethalQ wrote:
💯 percent disagree just because some one had a game where they got more kills with it than a pistol user means it's less skill. Perhaps that player had more QCQ fights than the other player...perhaps the AR player got a few more mop up kills because he came across more enemy with their shields down...
Well, you can check theater, I'm pretty sure he didn't have many mop ups. Not to mention that in the previous matches he could mop up with a magnum too, why didn't he carry in those matches?
LethalQ wrote:
Also as I have said many times why is ability with precision weapons considered the only skill?
No one said ability with precision weapons was the only skill, I have no idea where you pulled that from.
LethalQ wrote:
How about knowing what weapon to use in certain areas of the map or in which engagements would be more effective?
That would be a valid point if the magnum wasn't effective everywhere.
LethalQ wrote:
If the only skill you want is ability with precision weapons are you really that skilled?
Who said that this is the only skill I want? Who said this is the only skill I have? When did this discussion topic change to me? There are alot more skills in H5other than using precision weapons. What about spawn prediction, reticle placement, decision making, movement (changing my movement brought me from Platinum to Onyx and has a very huge skillgap), strafe, and awareness.
LethalQ wrote:
To me one thing 343 got right (or close to right as it is not perfect by any means) is the weapon balance as there are more actually useful weapons on the maps compared to previous games.
If the BR wasn't terrible the weapon balance would be fine imo. All I'm trying to say is holding down the trigger on someone's head is way easier to me than using precision weapons. So, the effort I produce to use a precision weapon makes it take more skill. If the AR takes more effort to use than precision weapons, that's just you and this is me.
Yeah I think I'm done with 4v4. It's trashed.

It's literally nothing but magnums. It has replaced not just AR usage, but the pickup precision rifles too. It's just spawn, "pop pop pop pop pop", die, repeat. Mindless.

The AR is supposed to be your co-primary with the magnum only being good insofar as helping you have a fighting chance with anyone who picks up a precision rifle. It's not supposed to be the gun.

The "duels" mindset ruins every team shooter it infects.
Same. Every match, every game, first thing you do and see is everybody switch to magnums. Because balance doesn't matter anymore
ZombieP1ow wrote:

It's literally nothing but magnums. It has replaced not just AR usage, but the pickup precision rifles too. It's just spawn, "pop pop pop pop pop", die, repeat. Mindless.

The AR is supposed to be your co-primary with the magnum only being good insofar as helping you have a fighting chance with anyone who picks up a precision rifle. It's not supposed to be the gun.

Same. Every match, every game, first thing you do and see is everybody switch to magnums. Because balance doesn't matter anymore
Reminds me of Halo CE, minus the sound of everyone around at game start swapping from AR to the Magnum.
Sylxeria wrote:
ZombieP1ow wrote:

Reminds me of Halo CE, minus the sound of everyone around at game start swapping from AR to the Magnum.
Ha. So true.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2