Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Best Armor Combos

OP Robot Sanhilei

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey, I've been collecting multiple armor pieces and have been wondering "What would a great combo of my armors and other armors look like?" so I wanted to put a guidline here as both a collector's guide and simple ideas for armor combos. As there are multiple roles and ways to fight in Halo the armor combos will bee based on either functionality or flashiness.

For players new to either Halo 5 or the Halo franchise itself, the best combos your going to get early on are going to Recruit ones. There's also a chance you'll get peices of uncommon, rare, epic, legendary, or super legendary(the gold ones with stars). A few examples using Recruit armor and a helmet from one of the above are: Recruit Armor + Soldier Helm, Recruit Armor + Strider Helmet (an armor choice I used for a long time), Recruit Armor + Rogue Helmet, Recruit Armor + Locus Edge Helmet (looks like a skull by the way), and Recruit Armor + Mark VI Gen 1. However, a Mark VI Gen 1 set will probably not be an option if you are new to Halo as it requires owning Halo The Master Chief Collection, this was originally also the case with the Helioskrill armor set.

For veterans of both/either Halo 5 Guardians or just Halo in general, you'll probably have way more options for customization. A few complete sets you will probably have (assuming you played every game) are Helioskrill (I respect and salute you if you earned the default genuinely), Mark VI Gen 1 Scarred and basic, Recruit (that one is 100%), Timmy (I think that's what you get for completing campaign on Legendary), and others. A few ideas would be: Mark VI Gen 1 Armor + Mark VI Gen 1 Scarred Helmet, a mix of Helioskrill armor types, Mark V combos, and lots more. A veteran will know more than a recruit so of course, they have more options and knowledge of what they like.

Was this helpful?

(The "social" tag was because the armors don't really give special abilities and because its more of a "this is what I use" or "these armors are great for combining and this is why". Also, feel free to add ideas into the comments area.)
I do Raider armor and War Master helm just because they were in Halo 4 and looks good to. You could also search for armor combos to
I'm currently wearing Vigilant armour with the Achilles helmet. Primary colour Vermilion and pineapple as my secondary. I love this colour combo because the Red starts at the top and yellow at the bottom and mix to orange in the middle
I either go with full Raider because the helmet looks a bit like a wolf and they were my favorite Armor Set in Halo 4...or I go with the Nightfall Chest and the Pilot Helmet. Both of which I use the Legendary Visor.
Recon GEN1 + Mark VI Satrap w/ Saturnine visor. A nod to Recon's debut in Halo 3.
I remember I really liked the combo of the Hermes Dolios helmet with the Copperhead Fangs armor and the Scoundrel Visor. The sharp and curved lines went well together and for some reason the white striping on both the armor and the helmet lined up really well. Was my fav, but now our Spartan Company is all sporting Achilles even though we don't have the Helmet just yet. So, with the Achilles armor, so far I like the Eva Zhigang helmet because of the gold trim, and the Beltane Visor to match the silver chest on Achilles.
I like to use the Raider Helm with the Recruit Charred armor just because it's a good looking combo.
I remember being obsessed with the MK V delta Helmet with the Centurion Ironside plus the Dynasty visor and color-wise is Moss and Khaki with it. Butt now I use the full Helljumper plus Wild Hunt visor and color-wise is Pepper and Aqua.
all mark iv
all mark ix
Nice armor. It look's like Chief's original armor.
all mark ix
yep, thats why i like it, i really want the achilles armor & helmet
Helioskrill helmet+ indomitable armor
For me, I like to rock the FOTUS helmet with the Indomitable armor. Because I got the head of a unicorn & the body of a walking tank.
all mark ix
yep, thats why i like it, i really want the achilles armor & helmet
It's beautiful but Master Chief's original armor was Mk. V.
Well just wear anything that looks good to you if that's what your asking. If you mean what's best for getting more kills or something equip a large/fat armor and a small/skinny helmet. This helps because if your in slayer or something they will more likely shoot at your body because they'll think that they are going to miss the headshot even tho the hitboxes are the same. It's just a phycological illusion. Try it!
Gungnir Helmet and Stalker Arrow Armor.
I have two armor combos Ventinater and noble and ventinater and Vigilante. Black and red
APBsniper wrote:
Well just wear anything that looks good to you if that's what your asking. If you mean what's best for getting more kills or something equip a large/fat armor and a small/skinny helmet. This helps because if your in slayer or something they will more likely shoot at your body because they'll think that they are going to miss the headshot even tho the hitboxes are the same. It's just a phycological illusion. Try it!
No. Its mostly me asking what everyone likes using.
I bounced around a lot...whatever I feel like my Spartan with the Lore-heavy bio would kit up with; though usually it's something to go along with the Ruptive Camo skins:

Armor: Air Assault Disrupt, Viper Strike, Jumpmaster Dispatcher, Intruder Trespasser...

Helmet: Fenrir Wolffriend, Intruder, Air Assault, Void Dancer...

VISR: Gallows or Expedition

Colors: Sapphire/Cobalt, Pepper/Steel

Way back when I made a bunch of armor loadouts. Some turned out pretty neat (pretty cool how the base Vigilant armor has a fade to it from head to toe): Take a look, if you want (there's quite a few lol)
Personally I think Mark VI and most classic helmets work well together like my armour. at the moment I am using Mark VI and CQB.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2