Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Best Armor Combos

OP Robot Sanhilei

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’m rocking full Achilles, primary Pepper, secondary Vermillion.(This combo obviously might not be accessible.)
I like the Nomad armor with the Nightfall Helmet, it's a pretty sleek look in my opinion. Honestly, the Nomad armor with any sort of sleek or seamless helmet looks cool to me.
i don't think theres a better armor combo, after a while, they get boring and people change their mind.
best armor combo wrat+mark VI gen 1
I dont have that much armor and helmets. but i still like legendary stuff. mostly everybody does.i have equiped mark V like usual and it is my usual armor. black and orange is the best
all mark ix
Nice armor. It look's like Chief's original armor.
yep, thats why i like it, i really want the achilles armor & helmet
It's beautiful but Master Chief's original armor was Mk. V.
Mark V Delta helmet with the Achilles armor. the dark olive green (I think it's called sage) and Vermillion for the secondary color with the Dynasty VISR. Along with that my loadout weapons are all either Gold Standard or Landgrave. The green and red colors with the bright gold visor give it a look similar to the Halo Wars Spartans while the Achilles gives it a Halo 5 spin. Feels royal when I play firefight.
all mark ix
Nice armor. It look's like Chief's original armor.
yep, thats why i like it, i really want the achilles armor & helmet
It's beautiful but Master Chief's original armor was Mk. V.
ok thanks I just remembered also helioskril warbound and achilles helmet look sick!
Hey, I've been collecting multiple armor pieces and have been wondering "What would a great combo of my armors and other armors look like?" so I wanted to put a guidline here as both a collector's guide and simple ideas for armor combos. As there are multiple roles and ways to fight in Halo the armor combos will bee based on either functionality or flashiness.

For players new to either Halo 5 or the Halo franchise itself, the best combos your going to get early on are going to Recruit ones. There's also a chance you'll get peices of uncommon, rare, epic, legendary, or super legendary(the gold ones with stars). A few examples using Recruit armor and a helmet from one of the above are: Recruit Armor + Soldier Helm, Recruit Armor + Strider Helmet (an armor choice I used for a long time), Recruit Armor + Rogue Helmet, Recruit Armor + Locus Edge Helmet (looks like a skull by the way), and Recruit Armor + Mark VI Gen 1. However, a Mark VI Gen 1 set will probably not be an option if you are new to Halo as it requires owning Halo The Master Chief Collection, this was originally also the case with the Helioskrill armor set.

For veterans of both/either Halo 5 Guardians or just Halo in general, you'll probably have way more options for customization. A few complete sets you will probably have (assuming you played every game) are Helioskrill (I respect and salute you if you earned the default genuinely), Mark VI Gen 1 Scarred and basic, Recruit (that one is 100%), Timmy (I think that's what you get for completing campaign on Legendary), and others. A few ideas would be: Mark VI Gen 1 Armor + Mark VI Gen 1 Scarred Helmet, a mix of Helioskrill armor types, Mark V combos, and lots more. A veteran will know more than a recruit so of course, they have more options and knowledge of what they like.

Was this helpful?

(The "social" tag was because the armors don't really give special abilities and because its more of a "this is what I use" or "these armors are great for combining and this is why". Also, feel free to add ideas into the comments area.)
Mark VI gen 2 forever because is the classic armor evolution of all Halo games and Beyond.....to Infinite.......117
I like running Decimator helmet and Security body. I'm ready to bodyslam any Covenant or Promethian that stands in my way. The visor and armor color doesn't matter too much to me, but I like the white and blue setup I have right now. :D
Achilles/Shinobi
I'm rocking Viper armor and Stalker helmet right now though I don't have many.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2