Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Best Multiplayer Halo

OP Sh33zyTTv

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I know this is a hated topic but i just wanted to show my love for H5 after playing the first Tech preview. Halo 5 to me was the smoothest and most competitive Halo game i have ever played and i was madly addicted. Its sad to say after the TP i am certain that there will never be another Halo game like H5.... I love H5 so much because of the skill gap and competitiveness. Thats how i have fun. I have fun by competing against others. I use to have fun by just playing the game but now i only have fun by trying to win and making plays and ranking up and so on. I dont see the same competitiveness with halo Infinite... It truly was a fun and great game but i can see myself going back to H5 just to ease my crave of competitive gameplay. I would love Halo infinite to keep some H5 competitive abilities for ranked play. Such as thrust, spring jumps and other jumps, and the pistol with slowed fire rate but 5 to 6 shots to kill. That was my version of a perfect comp Halo💯 All love and i would like to hear some opinions if you have some🙏
H5 falls to my second. I played that game so much. I hit 152, #5 champ in solo q Arena, and top 10 champ in a few other playlists. I loved that game so much. So much, that it drove me to insanity to delete my account.... As I come back to Halo though, I think H3 deserves the "most competitive" Halo spot. To this day, the only people playin Hardocore H3 Arena or Dubs are only players that've either played sweaty since 2007 or pro players. Kinda same for H5, but H3 will prolly live longer and has a better reputation.
I'm really agree with the OP, to me H5 was one of the best multiplayer for both Arena and the Warzone, I really enjoy playing that game.
Gulchshot wrote:
H5 falls to my second. I played that game so much. I hit 152, #5 champ in solo q Arena, and top 10 champ in a few other playlists. I loved that game so much. So much, that it drove me to insanity to delete my account.... As I come back to Halo though, I think H3 deserves the "most competitive" Halo spot. To this day, the only people playin Hardocore H3 Arena or Dubs are only players that've either played sweaty since 2007 or pro players. Kinda same for H5, but H3 will prolly live longer and has a better reputation.
Halo 5 was designed for competitive by an actual pro team and the old halo 3 pro players that play 5 pretty much all agree 5 is the most competitive. Halo 3 was dope for its time though. Lots of fond memories back in the day.

Halo 3 has a better reputation predominantly due to it's social and casual aspect. Remember, the majority population hands down belongs to the social players playing the social playlist. 5 was a disgrace when it came out....and to top off the lack of social playlists...what was available was ruined by people getting the kill commendations for the Achilles set in warzone, and even btb was a ranked playlist back then. No social playlists for slayer or team objective....and now what do we have? Quick play and the random core play that comes in? Triple team and roaming king every now and then? These rotational playlists are more than likely playlist players would have wished to been there at the start...but the population is too small...but even then I would still argue that halo 5 is just to fast paced and in your face. It isn't like 3 where there's essentially 2 speeds in the game causing the game to play quite differently between the default settings and the competitive settings. Its just 1 speed across the board.

Compare to halo 3...I believe even the ranked playlists had somewhat of the social settings. The only real true competitive setting playlist was the MLG playlist which had the modified settings to speed the game up, higher damage, BMS, and modified shield recharge rate. So what people remember halo 3 for (the people at large and not the competitive community) is the slower cadence of battles and all the crazy fun they had in that game. Halo is after all at the end of the day played for fun...and man...I've been in these forums since the beginning. Let me tell you that I've never seen so many users angry at a halo game, extremely frustrated etc.

So although I love 5, agree with OP and everything...halo 5 has this hump a player has to get over to enjoy it and basically understand it. I feel like so many players left without giving it a real chance. They couldn't take the game and in many ways the game had no real place for them to play vs previous halo games. (Plus there are other reasons people quit. The entire ranking system was broken all the way up to 2018. Very inaccurate rankings. There are players that are platinum level today that have ranks from back then in champ tier and it shows champ as their all time high. Some of those players left immediately once the only means of keeping the inflated rank was to have some insane win ratio of like 96% or some high 90s. Who the heck can do that...so each time they got one was basically to derank so they said screw this game.)

Halo 5 holds a special place in my heart though. After a handful of uninstalls...I still play it with my homies today. Such an addicting game...and I don't believe there will ever be a game to feel like 5 ever again.

Why did you delete your account btw? That's a weird thing to do.
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
Halo 5 was designed for competitive by an actual pro team and the old halo 3 pro players that play 5 pretty much all agree 5 is the most competitive. Halo 3 was dope for its time though. Lots of fond memories back in the day.

Halo 3 has a better reputation predominantly due to it's social and casual aspect. Remember, the majority population hands down belongs to the social players playing the social playlist. 5 was a disgrace when it came out....and to top off the lack of social playlists...what was available was ruined by people getting the kill commendations for the Achilles set in warzone, and even btb was a ranked playlist back then. No social playlists for slayer or team objective....and now what do we have? Quick play and the random core play that comes in? Triple team and roaming king every now and then? These rotational playlists are more than likely playlist players would have wished to been there at the start...but the population is too small...but even then I would still argue that halo 5 is just to fast paced and in your face. It isn't like 3 where there's essentially 2 speeds in the game causing the game to play quite differently between the default settings and the competitive settings. Its just 1 speed across the board.

Compare to halo 3...I believe even the ranked playlists had somewhat of the social settings. The only real true competitive setting playlist was the MLG playlist which had the modified settings to speed the game up, higher damage, BMS, and modified shield recharge rate. So what people remember halo 3 for (the people at large and not the competitive community) is the slower cadence of battles and all the crazy fun they had in that game. Halo is after all at the end of the day played for fun...and man...I've been in these forums since the beginning. Let me tell you that I've never seen so many users angry at a halo game, extremely frustrated etc.

So although I love 5, agree with OP and everything...halo 5 has this hump a player has to get over to enjoy it and basically understand it. I feel like so many players left without giving it a real chance. They couldn't take the game and in many ways the game had no real place for them to play vs previous halo games. (Plus there are other reasons people quit. The entire ranking system was broken all the way up to 2018. Very inaccurate rankings. There are players that are platinum level today that have ranks from back then in champ tier and it shows champ as their all time high. Some of those players left immediately once the only means of keeping the inflated rank was to have some insane win ratio of like 96% or some high 90s. Who the heck can do that...so each time they got one was basically to derank so they said screw this game.)

Halo 5 holds a special place in my heart though. After a handful of uninstalls...I still play it with my homies today. Such an addicting game...and I don't believe there will ever be a game to feel like 5 ever again.

I agree. Halo 5 was meant to be the most competitive. I feel like there was more of a competitive atmosphere around H3. That's my opinion. Halo 5 was very competitive, no doubt, still is. The fact that the only thing people played besides warzone was ranked was a really nice asset to the competitive side. Halo 5 prolly is the most competitive Halo now that I look at these facts here. Of course there will never be a game like H5 again. It was one of its kind even though many people hate on it. Comparing it to the games of today, it tops a lot of em if not all. And I deleted my account cuz I got addicted like you said. I played so much Halo that it started to ruin my whole life. I thought I'd never play again. That's why I deleted it. I've jus come back though after several months of a break. I kinda changed my mind lol. I don't play as much as I used to though.
Gulchshot wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:

I agree. Halo 5 was meant to be the most competitive. I feel like there was more of a competitive atmosphere around H3. That's my opinion. Halo 5 was very competitive, no doubt, still is. The fact that the only thing people played besides warzone was ranked was a really nice asset to the competitive side. Halo 5 prolly is the most competitive Halo now that I look at these facts here. Of course there will never be a game like H5 again. It was one of its kind even though many people hate on it. Comparing it to the games of today, it tops a lot of em if not all. And I deleted my account cuz I got addicted like you said. I played so much Halo that it started to ruin my whole life. I thought I'd never play again. That's why I deleted it. I've jus come back though after several months of a break. I kinda changed my mind lol. I don't play as much as I used to though.
If you play it that much and are good at it why not do something with it? Stream, YouTube, take your talent to a team etc?

I just brought that up because it's weird to hear someone deleting their account when removing halo 5 is really all you had to do. Not to mention your friends roster, gamers core, all the games tied to that old account go away...very unnecessary thing to do. Lol

Halo 3 holds so much memories for lots of fans to the halo franchise. Imho, so much of our fond memories has more to do with life at that time....how everything just felt...from waking up...turning on your xbox....calling a friend up...less responsibility...to the Xbox live booming and being this new amazing thing still back in the day. It had more to do with that than halo 3 being this perfect game so many people claim It to be. I mean...I'm getting close to 40...everything from back then...I hold so dear in memory. I used to even be big on fighting games back in the day..I mean back in the day before xbox live people played in arcades. As you say you feel the "atmosphere " of 3 felt a certain way...well those arcades held their own atmosphere vs people connecting their controller to a console and competing. They're just...different...and who we are as human beings changes.

Not to discredit anything you've said. Halo 3 still was competitive...it was a big deal, and I even remember that one show that came out following T squared around. Like the life of a pro gamer or something like that. It was an awesome thing to see. I didn't realize how many people disliked the dude until I finally seen how he sold out and what he said about halo 4 in this YouTube video recently. Like wow. Completely sold out haha. Life's a trip. I appreciate the conversation bro and hope you have fun on the current and next halo. Don't delete your account anymore lol
Halo 5 is amazing. Warzone is SO fun!
I had play every single HALO (shooter) and H5 made me want to enter to multiplayer, something other Halos didnt achieve with me, maybe Reach a little.
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:

If you play it that much and are good at it why not do something with it? Stream, YouTube, take your talent to a team etc?

I just brought that up because it's weird to hear someone deleting their account when removing halo 5 is really all you had to do. Not to mention your friends roster, gamers core, all the games tied to that old account go away...very unnecessary thing to do. Lol

Halo 3 holds so much memories for lots of fans to the halo franchise. Imho, so much of our fond memories has more to do with life at that time....how everything just felt...from waking up...turning on your xbox....calling a friend up...less responsibility...to the Xbox live booming and being this new amazing thing still back in the day. It had more to do with that than halo 3 being this perfect game so many people claim It to be. I mean...I'm getting close to 40...everything from back then...I hold so dear in memory. I used to even be big on fighting games back in the day..I mean back in the day before xbox live people played in arcades. As you say you feel the "atmosphere " of 3 felt a certain way...well those arcades held their own atmosphere vs people connecting their controller to a console and competing. They're just...different...and who we are as human beings changes.

Not to discredit anything you've said. Halo 3 still was competitive...it was a big deal, and I even remember that one show that came out following T squared around. Like the life of a pro gamer or something like that. It was an awesome thing to see. I didn't realize how many people disliked the dude until I finally seen how he sold out and what he said about halo 4 in this YouTube video recently. Like wow. Completely sold out haha. Life's a trip. I appreciate the conversation bro and hope you have fun on the current and next halo. Don't delete your account anymore lol
I'm only 16 (one of the reasons why I'm rethinking this H3 is more competitive than H5 thing), that was when I was 15. My parents forced me to do so. They saw I became addicted. I started failing some classes and fell asleep at basketball practice once. If you know parents, you know that they're are giving of second chances. I've returned after a while but more controlled. I actually did play in the pro series a few times and have played in many, many tournaments. I play on a team. Team Ravage. I also do some youtube every now and then. I jus released a montage on instagram too. I mostly play MCC now cuz I've played a lot of H5. But to get what you're saying, I agree with it. You've really thought this out. I never got to live out the Halo 3 glory days, only Halo 5's. Since you've lived it and have the knowledge to back it up, I have to agree with you.
I'm really agree with the OP, to me H5 was one of the best multiplayer for both Arena and the Warzone, I really enjoy playing that game.
Halo 5 truly was. Just the competitive side of things never fully took off and it died. Halo 5 needed to ability to play LAN. Fingers crossed that Halo Infinite will be able to do that.
What i really like the most of halo 5 multiplayer is the custom gamemodes and the custom browser
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
RiP Lazy wrote:
Halo 5 truly was. Just the competitive side of things never fully took off and it died. Halo 5 needed to ability to play LAN. Fingers crossed that Halo Infinite will be able to do that.
Would have been cool to see LAN. There's still halo 5 competitive stuff going on. Not big scale stuff tho. You ever watch LVT productions? Pretty dope matches, and there's been some really awesome 2sday matches with the best players of the game going against one another as well.
Gulchshot wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:

Snip
I'm only 16 (one of the reasons why I'm rethinking this H3 is more competitive than H5 thing), that was when I was 15. My parents forced me to do so. They saw I became addicted. I started failing some classes and fell asleep at basketball practice once. If you know parents, you know that they're are giving of second chances. I've returned after a while but more controlled. I actually did play in the pro series a few times and have played in many, many tournaments. I play on a team. Team Ravage. I also do some youtube every now and then. I jus released a montage on instagram too. I mostly play MCC now cuz I've played a lot of H5. But to get what you're saying, I agree with it. You've really thought this out. I never got to live out the Halo 3 glory days, only Halo 5's. Since you've lived it and have the knowledge to back it up, I have to agree with you.
Yea I'm a parent myself. I have 2 kids. With that in mind though....my perspective on life is pretty different than the standard way of thinking. I've seen a lot of people waste away at jobs they hated..(hell..I'm rotting away myself.)..even the people who've spent years and efforts in schools only to end up in a place where its truly a dull grind for a pay check...albeit a fat paycheck at least...

I've already established with my wife that if my kids show any exceptional talent that we would nurture it. Of course take care of business and pass your normal schooling...but always keeping in mind that careers could be built off of even things like gaming. Becoming a great player...a coach...a content creator...part of an org...etc etc. Like of course...don't quit the day job...don't drop out of school...but don't sleep on talent that could open up opportunities in the future. Look at some of the dudes that competed in 5 and made their name there. I mean the first hcs was like a million dollars iirc.

My biggest regret of my life so far is squandering talents I once had. I've lived my life as a bird with it's wings torn off. An unfortunate circumstance i deal with every day now...but at least I can make sure my kids won't endure what I had to.
Same here. I loved arena and warzone. H5 definitely holds some of my sweatiest moments in the franchise, but also some of the most fun and exciting moments too. I loved the massive sandbox available in warzone. Complete chaos.
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:

I agree brotha!! H3 was a great game to me at the time and i think memories is whats going to hold it together forever. H5 to me was my favorite halo due to the competition. I love H5 and i hope one day in the future they will make another Halo game as competitive as H5🙏💯 all love yall god bless
I had play every single HALO (shooter) and H5 made me want to enter to multiplayer, something other Halos didnt achieve with me, maybe Reach a little.
iblessi feel that💯 i played every halo growing up and had hella fun but once H5 came out i wanted to be the best and so did everyone else. Thats when i started to fall in love with the game
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:

Snip
Yea I'm a parent myself. I have 2 kids. With that in mind though....my perspective on life is pretty different than the standard way of thinking. I've seen a lot of people waste away at jobs they hated..(hell..I'm rotting away myself.)..even the people who've spent years and efforts in schools only to end up in a place where its truly a dull grind for a pay check...albeit a fat paycheck at least...

I've already established with my wife that if my kids show any exceptional talent that we would nurture it. Of course take care of business and pass your normal schooling...but always keeping in mind that careers could be built off of even things like gaming. Becoming a great player...a coach...a content creator...part of an org...etc etc. Like of course...don't quit the day job...don't drop out of school...but don't sleep on talent that could open up opportunities in the future. Look at some of the dudes that competed in 5 and made their name there. I mean the first hcs was like a million dollars iirc.

My biggest regret of my life so far is squandering talents I once had. I've lived my life as a bird with it's wings torn off. An unfortunate circumstance i deal with every day now...but at least I can make sure my kids won't endure what I had to.
Ah I see, well I'm balancing Halo now. I parents want me to focus more on school nd bball cuz those are my two things in the future.
Pheinted wrote:
RiP Lazy wrote:
Would have been cool to see LAN. There's still halo 5 competitive stuff going on. Not big scale stuff tho. You ever watch LVT productions? Pretty dope matches, and there's been some really awesome 2sday matches with the best players of the game going against one another as well.
I love LVT, those guys have dedication. YNOT B CASTING is hilarious. But the effort they put into that thing is amazing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3