Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Best Solo Method for XP grinding.

OP Shnugly

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the recent release of Platinum Packs, I've noticed the consistency of earning Legendary Arena XP boosts is very high. I decided to try and make something clear for any players who are unaware of the best solo method for xp. In warzone, your chances of winning are slim as a solo player because of how much you rely on teammates. The amount of XP you earn can be low due to some matches lasting upwards of 20 minutes in regular warzone. But (Credits to an analysis by Eagle Precursor) there is a detailed analysis that shows that infection can be very quick for xp with average game times of 10 minutes or less.
Using this to your advantage can be great cause even if you don't come first place every game if you use the Gold XP boosts, you can still earn 10k xp per infection match!
I am a solo player and I can say the best way for grinding out XP is heroic warzone firefight. Low stress and games can end pretty quickly while getting good XP and RP. For arena I usually play either super fiesta or btb super fiesta. People say infection is best as you can earn a lot in a little time but I don't like infection. While I do want to earn XP quickly I don't want to hate what I am playing either. It's a hella long grind so you won't make it if you play playlist you hate simply for XP.
I've gotten around 20,000 XP with the Mythic Firefight. But you need to at least get to the last round. Usually Legendary will give you a decent amount.
LethalQ wrote:
I am a solo player and I can say the best way for grinding out XP is heroic warzone firefight. Low stress and games can end pretty quickly while getting good XP and RP. For arena I usually play either super fiesta or btb super fiesta. People say infection is best as you can earn a lot in a little time but I don't like infection. While I do want to earn XP quickly I don't want to hate what I am playing either. It's a hella long grind so you won't make it if you play playlist you hate simply for XP.
Fair enough, the statement I provided only is to show that infection can be the fastest solo method, faster than firefight even. Super Fiesta is just all too unpredictable for me because slayer related gametypes don't give you as much xp. For instance a player with more than 10,000 slayer games can be behind me in rank when I have only 4,000-5,000 games because of infection's xp rates.
LethalQ wrote:
sorry wrong account lol
I've gotten around 20,000 XP with the Mythic Firefight. But you need to at least get to the last round. Usually Legendary will give you a decent amount.
Mythic Firefight is just way too hard for XP considering average game length is maybe 15-20 minutes. You're just staying in a long game to most likely end up losing anyway due to teammates with no REQS or not enough cooperation.
Heroic firefight.

Place near the top and you'll come away with 10,000 XP using a blue XP boost. (That is what I get by far the most of from gold packs).

Gold XP boost even better.

Games max out at 10-12 minutes I'd estimate.

For firefight, I wish I got more gambit AI kills boosts because those are amazing.
Another good method is warzone assault when it’s up. If you have legendary boosts you get between 15 and 17 thousand xp depending on if you win or not. The matches usually last between 5 and 10 minutes, so it’s very efficient. Even if a game goes to 15 minutes, you are still earning 1000 xp per minute which isn’t bad
Heroic firefight.

Place near the top and you'll come away with 10,000 XP using a blue XP boost. (That is what I get by far the most of from gold packs).

Gold XP boost even better.

Games max out at 10-12 minutes I'd estimate.

For firefight, I wish I got more gambit AI kills boosts because those are amazing.
I can second this.... I get pretty lucky getting rare warzone xp boost and easily average at least 9000xp per match. Another think is the uncommon warzone XP jackpots are good to use as well, they on average pay out almost as much as the rare if not more because I have had them pay out over 20k in XP on occasion.
I choose legendary warzone with a legendary exp boost. That way i get 1k more, at the expense if about an extra 3-5 minutes when team is strugling a bit. You can still fly thtough a legendary warzone match in the same time as a heroic if you know what to do.

A good method for quick exp is arena zombies with a legendary boost, or for even more, play warzone assault with a tean and quick core, using a gambit ai kill boost you can get 32k in as little as 3 minutes.
Regice554 wrote:
I choose legendary warzone with a legendary exp boost. That way i get 1k more, at the expense if about an extra 3-5 minutes when team is strugling a bit. You can still fly thtough a legendary warzone match in the same time as a heroic if you know what to do.

A good method for quick exp is arena zombies with a legendary boost, or for even more, play warzone assault with a tean and quick core, using a gambit ai kill boost you can get 32k in as little as 3 minutes.
Agreed, but legendary is too dependent on who you are with. I feel like a lot of times I get matched up with people who won't call in REQs because they're free-riding on others, and this will oftentimes result in a loss. I find it more efficient, at least solo-searching, to go to Heroic.
KayMrt wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

Agreed, but legendary is too dependent on who you are with. I feel like a lot of times I get matched up with people who won't call in REQs because they're free-riding on others, and this will oftentimes result in a loss. I find it more efficient, at least solo-searching, to go to Heroic.
Yeah i did a lot of heroic firefight with blue exp boosts. I had many days where my team lost of legendary, sometimes on round one. I did notice people who are mooching or boosting exp off of other higher level players, which sucked and made me loose. However we might see an increase of player due to the platnum packs and halo hype.

At the time i had two friends helping me grind legendary, the three of us were enough to pull off wins.

Oh and Purple medal count can be as good as a legendary boost btw.
Heroic Firefight
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah it is a big grind, i just reached SR145 and i need to get 1.2M XP to get to SR146.
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah it is a big grind, i just reached SR145 and i need to get 1.2M XP to get to SR146.
I only need 1,891,733 to finish it, should have it done in a few weeks.
Ehh...i find mythic to be quite hard most of the time because of the black eye skull, i know one way to counter this is to use over-shields, but i don't have tons of them.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah you're pretty close.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I'm at almost exactly half way. I have no more commendations to work for except breakout, which I'll never finish.

I'm honestly dreading the back half.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I'm at almost exactly half way. I have no more commendations to work for except breakout, which I'll never finish.

Oh I will never finish all the commendations, especially breakout since that game mode and all variations of it are toilet
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Oh I will never finish all the commendations, especially breakout since that game mode and all variations of it are toilet
Hey where there is a will, there is away. I never thought i would get all the environmental kills in mcc, but i painstakingly grinded for them and in time i got it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2