Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Best Ultra Rare Tank?

OP JacuuziBathsalt

Which Scorpion is best out of the Ultra Rares? I see no point in having 2 weaker variants since they're the same rarity, and was asking so I knew which ones to sell.
They're all equal.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
They're all equal.
Legendary tanks on the other hand are a massive upgrade. But as this guy says, Ultra Rare tanks are all the same.
Actually, its more complicated than that.

you have:
the base scorpion
the corp scorpion which has increased armor over the normal one

then the ultra rares:
they are all the same, EXCEPT:
they have different paintjobs.
and i dont know if it is true, but ive gathered that if you use a tundra hog on a snow map, that you will be invisible on the radar.
not sure if that goes for tanks too.
So that would make it depend on what tank you are using.

the legendaries on the other hand are very powerful.

you have:
the base scorpion

then the ultra rares:
and i dont know if it is true, but ive gathered that if you use a tundra hog on a snow map, that you will be invisible on the radar.

No... You don't become invisible to motion tracker...
erickyboo wrote:

you have:
the base scorpion

then the ultra rares:

No... You don't become invisible to motion tracker...
It would be pretty cool though....
They're all equal.
Anguis Rex wrote:
They're all equal.
Legendary tanks on the other hand are a massive upgrade. But as this guy says, Ultra Rare tanks are all the same.

you have:
the base scorpion

then the ultra rares:

Thanks for the info. I thought each one had a little bit better armor than the last, but I guess not. I'll just save 'em all up and sell the ones I get least, then.
Yeah the variants are just there to bloat the number of reqs without adding anything actually different, I so wish there were benefits / extras to using tundra vehicles on snow maps and so on but hey ho. We don't even have any snow maps where hogs and the like are especially useful, the snowy Warzone map is ridiculous for anything other than tanks making pushes =/
They really should have given each variant some advantage on their respective terrain. Like increased speed and better handling for the terrain it was designed for, or decreased presence on the motion tracker because of appropriate camouflage or something.

It just seems like a waste for them to be just a different skin and be identical otherwise.

I usually try to use the appropriate one for each map anyway for OCD reasons
Most of the vehicles are the same, sure they may have some upgraded armor, but they are really the same, they are just variants.