Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Best way to spend REQ points?

OP AveryChu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've heard conflicting things about what is the best way to spend the REQ points. To only buy Silver packs for a while, to start buying bronze and move upwards, and so on. As of now I only really care about grabbing the permanent unlocks, so what would be the cheapest way for me to do so?
I don't know if it is wise but I only buy gold packs.

I'm after, helmets, body armor, visors, stances, weapon skins and assassinations.
Someone made a thread about this, saying that Silver is the best way to go. I forget the particular reason why, though.
Yeah I just buy gold packs too.
Some say silver is better just for perma unlocks that are in the rare-category or something? I don't know about that though
Silvers are the best way to go. Bronze packs will give you a LOT of very common items... good for building a good stash of low-value items for Warzone matches, but won't result in many permanent unlocks proportional to the RP spent.

Silver packs are your best value... 2 guaranteed permanent unlocks, and all but the most rare card types. Because the game will actually take your current inventory into consideration, building your permanent unlock list with silvers first will eliminate most of the lower-level permanent unlocks as you go. Later you can use Gold packs, with only the rarer cards remaining. This will virtually guarantee Golds will result in the rarest cards, and that you won't waste 5000 RP on low-level unlocks.

So if you want low-level weapons and vehicles to keep you supplied in Warzone... buy a few Bronze first... then focus on little but Silver unless you need more stock than Silver is granting you (then pick up an occasional Bronze, which should now have a better selection of cards thanks to your silvers). Only buy Gold once you've unlocked damn near everything you can with Silver.
Silvers are the best way to go. Bronze packs will give you a LOT of very common items... good for building a good stash of low-value items for Warzone matches, but won't result in many permanent unlocks proportional to the RP spent.

Silver packs are your best value... 2 guaranteed permanent unlocks, and all but the most rare card types. Because the game will actually take your current inventory into consideration, building your permanent unlock list with silvers first will eliminate most of the lower-level permanent unlocks as you go. Later you can use Gold packs, with only the rarer cards remaining. This will virtually guarantee Golds will result in the rarest cards, and that you won't waste 5000 RP on low-level unlocks.

So if you want low-level weapons and vehicles to keep you supplied in Warzone... buy a few Bronze first... then focus on little but Silver unless you need more stock than Silver is granting you (then pick up an occasional Bronze, which should now have a better selection of cards thanks to your silvers). Only buy Gold once you've unlocked damn near everything you can with Silver.
Nailed it
In the long run buy silver packs till you get must rare and common cosmetic armor.
I tend to only go for Silver and Gold. At first Bronze. Sell all of the common items that you do not care for and buy Gold and Silver.
Krutonius wrote:

Nailed it
I have to agree, I went all gold first, get them ultra/legendary cards first. Mostly for the Certs.
Silver is the best value if you are trying to maximize req points. Don't worry about bronze, you get plenty of those for commendation and sr rank ups...

Thanks mate.
Gold packs are the way to go
I don't know if it is wise but I only buy gold packs.

I'm after, helmets, body armor, visors, stances, weapon skins and assassinations.
Same here. Every lesser pack I have opened has been garbage
I Sunk You wrote:
Gold packs are the way to go
Silver, for the cost of 2 silver you get 4 perm unlocks, and once you've gotten all the perms that are common to rare, your gold pack will be some of the best stuff.
I'm happy with the gold packs.
I was only buying gold but lately I've thrown in some silvers and actually get decent armor visors and such from them
I wrote This article a few days ago explaining the best ways to get the most bang out of your req points

How to best spend your req points - Halo waypoint link
Honestly, if you are going for load out weapons, then go for bronze, but you'll need to buy a few. Silver if you want cheaper armor. And gold packs if you want to stock up on high level vehicles.
Daily login packs honestly give me the best stuff- one time I got prophet's bane AND nornfang
AveryChu wrote:
I've heard conflicting things about what is the best way to spend the REQ points. To only buy Silver packs for a while, to start buying bronze and move upwards, and so on. As of now I only really care about grabbing the permanent unlocks, so what would be the cheapest way for me to do so?
Do all silvers first and then progress to golds. Silver assures permanent unlocks unlike bronze. Silvers are half the prize of golds and you get equally many permanent unlocks. In the long run that is both the cheapest and the fastets way to unlock everything. If you buy golds befor finishing your silvers its going to take you ages to finish unlocking all reqs. Once you are done with silvers you get ultra rare and legendary in every gold pack, something you are not guranteed buying gold packs before your silvers are done.
Buys silvers until you start getting RP instead of unlocks, then do golds. This is better because silvers only give you commons to rares. So once you have all your rares you have no reason to buy silvers anymore. If you buy only golds, you're going to get uncommons more likely than legendaries, so it's a waste of RP.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2